Jasper 45 Bridge City 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

25 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

You think the coach saw this coming?

I think he did to a certain extent. It’s not just about eyeing up talent... size and speed. It’s also about judging the work ethic and commitment of the group. It’s obvious to people familiar with the program that the team hasn’t been willing to do their part. Of course some have, but across the board it’s a “no.”  

If you’re a player that waits until two-a-days to get serious, you’re setting yourself and the team up for a big failure.  If you do that for a few years, you’ll end up with a disastrous high school career.  

Some dudes just want a letterman jacket.  

I have no dog in this fight, but why don’t you slappies give Jasper some credit! Just look at it and see that Jasper is freakin good!  Heck, they’re in our district and we know we’re gonna be in for a long night!  Cardinalbacker, you don’t know what the he** you’re talking about !  You should change your screen name to douchebag because you are not a “Cardinalbacker” by all means. It’s ez for you to coach and judge from the stands but take your blinders off and back your team up instead of bringing them down!! Smh 

4 hours ago, shepherddad said:

I have no dog in this fight, but why don’t you slappies give Jasper some credit! Just look at it and see that Jasper is freakin good!  Heck, they’re in our district and we know we’re gonna be in for a long night!  Cardinalbacker, you don’t know what the he** you’re talking about !  You should change your screen name to douchebag because you are not a “Cardinalbacker” by all means. It’s ez for you to coach and judge from the stands but take your blinders off and back your team up instead of bringing them down!! Smh 

I’ll give them some credit. They kicked the crap out of us. In fact, I’ll jump out in front and give everybody else that we’re going to face this year some credit. Because other than Livingston or maybe LCM, I don’t see us winning a game this year. And I wouldn’t bet on either one of those. 

We stink. We’ve got a bunch of kids that watched the 15&16 teams have some success and expected the train to keep rolling. A lot of these kids were on a freshman team that had a lot of success in 16. The word was out... we were going to be good this year and next. But somewhere along the way, the group lost sight of the goal. Everybody knows that the weight room has been a ghost town. You haven’t seen kids running track in the spring. You don’t just show up and become a stud lineman your junior year. The work has to be done in the offseason, or you’ll get exposed by kids who were working out when the season actually rolls around. Well, our lack of hard work is being exposed on a weekly basis.  

Last year would have been a slightly down year, but the injuries killed us. Nobody’s hurt this year, and smaller schools are spanking us. Literally pulling down our pants and painting the back porch red. 

I’m a supporter, but I’m not a blind supporter. I’m not saying we have the talent to go deep into the playoffs every year. But there are enough athletic kids that we shouldn’t be getting beat down by the Dibolls and Jaspers of the world. We can compete with schools like that if we wanted to. Getting thrashed like we have been is just embarrassing. 

To go from 10-3 to 1-7 to whatever happens this year is just not acceptable. Everybody we face didn’t get that much better. We fell off of a cliff.

Our district is weak in general, but it looks like we will very likely miss the playoffs. 

Well then maybe you should go and apply and see what you can do in the coaching biz!!  Why not show the coaches how it’s done?  It seems so simple for you that you can go undefeated every year!! You must know it all from the bleachers like everyone else!  Bottom line is , you’re just a hypocrite that knows it all!  Or better yet, go to the field house and tell it to the coaches instead of on a message board hiding behind your computer screen that you wack off in front of while you’re not on Setx !

49 minutes ago, shepherddad said:

Well then maybe you should go and apply and see what you can do in the coaching biz!!  Why not show the coaches how it’s done?  It seems so simple for you that you can go undefeated every year!! You must know it all from the bleachers like everyone else!  Bottom line is , you’re just a hypocrite that knows it all!  Or better yet, go to the field house and tell it to the coaches instead of on a message board hiding behind your computer screen that you wack off in front of while you’re not on Setx !

Get over yourself, bro. 

I whack off while I’m on Setx. 

42 minutes ago, catfever said:

I didn’t take anything about his comment being about coaching. Seemed like he was putting the ownership on the kids. Maybe too much Fortnite and not enough blood and sweat. I bet the weight room was open kids just didn’t go. 

There was allegedly a conversation on the first day of 2-a-days between a coach and  a certain returning starter at a skill position as to whether or not whether or not he belonged with the skills group or with the linemen. Too much Whataburger and not enough (or any) strength training or conditioning. This is a kid that should be a leader...

A few years ago the kids got in trouble for copying a key to the weight room so they could sneak in and train after hours. We went three rounds deep that year.  

It’s not like everybody else just got a whole lot better. We’re a whole lot worse. 

7 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

There was allegedly a conversation on the first day of 2-a-days between a coach and  a certain returning starter at a skill position as to whether or not whether or not he belonged with the skills group or with the linemen. Too much Whataburger and not enough (or any) strength training or conditioning. This is a kid that should be a leader...

A few years ago the kids got in trouble for copying a key to the weight room so they could sneak in and train after hours. We went three rounds deep that year.  

It’s not like everybody else just got a whole lot better. We’re a whole lot worse. 

I agree the kids have to want it. LCM is lacking this right now and other things

8 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

It’s way too early to get down on the new coach. It’s not like we’re installing a new offense. We just can’t run the old one anymore. I think the LCM game should be a competitive one this year. 

We are going to loose the next 2. I think we could be 1-4 coming into district. I hope it’s competitive watching blowouts isn’t fun unless it’s your team doing the butt whipping 

1 hour ago, JasperDAWG said:

Now, i am just a BullDawg for life who is not attacking anyone in anyway involved with BC's football program because I have no clue what is going on within it other than what people post (and that I don't always take on face value). I will however speak of what I  see with my own eyes because it's unfortunate for their community. The Cardinals are one of the team's here in southeast Texas that I have always bragged on and respected for the scrappiness and "bringing it" play on the field. Doesn't matter who they play or if win or lose(btw they have gave us some good whipping in the past) . The last few games Jasper has played them the aforementioned way of playing has barely if any been there imo. Lastly, BC is a 4ADI school and I counted an eye popping 32 players on their roster.  I hope whatever is going with the program begins to get better sooner than later.

We played Jasper to a 47-48 loss against a resurgent Bulldog team in 15. We didn’t play you guys in 16, then got mollywhopped the last two years. Losing I can take.... just getting destroyed is ridiculous.  It’s nice to see the HJ turning their ship around. That speaks volumes. 

25 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

We played Jasper to a 47-48 loss against a resurgent Bulldog team in 15. We didn’t play you guys in 16, then got mollywhopped the last two years. Losing I can take.... just getting destroyed is ridiculous.  It’s nice to see the HJ turning their ship around. That speaks volumes. 

9 hours ago, shepherddad said:

This guy gets his feelings hurt too easy. What a clown.