Huntsville 31 Port Neches-Groves 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

RJ needs to sit out and go on to UT.  This team is not playoff worthy even if he’s playing.  We’ll get a win maybe.  This district is for real and PNG are weak.  Crosby beat Manvel!  Get Some Code Red!

I still like this better than playing three cupcakes in a row for pre-season. It seems like our receivers aren't very fast, or reliable. And it sounds like the offensive line, which I had heard on this forum was supposed to be really good, is not protecting Roschon at all. Hopefully it all turns into good playoff and district prep for us to learn from, get tougher, and be prepared for more important games. 

Offensive line was poor at best tonight. Must work on blocking regardless of quarterback situation.  The blocking will improve.  Pass defense was so-so. Praying for Shug.  I agree he should sit out if he is injured seriously & get ready for University of Texas. They will block better for him in college.  

WILL BE 100% BEHIND MY INDIANS THE WHOLE SEASON NO MATTER WHAT!

9 minutes ago, indianforever said:

Huntsville defense was unreal...I can say I haven’t seen a more physical defense in a long time 

They had a good plan. 

Its easier to defend when you don't have the deep threat that Riggs was to keep defenders honest and your also missing your blocks. Anyway, we'll see how it goes.

7 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

They had a good plan. 

Its easier to defend when you don't have the deep threat that Riggs was to keep defenders honest and your also missing your blocks. Anyway, we'll see how it goes.

Here’s a potato.  Can you hold a potato?  I’ve got 10 fingers.  What’s that?  You only have zero fingers??? We’re doomed 

4 minutes ago, fretbro6 said:

WTF?? How do you get to this.  Huntsville DESTROYED THE PNG DEFENSE REPEATEDLY 

Caveat: I listen to the games, so my observations are based solely on the impression I get from how the game is announced. If I remember right, through three quarters the defense gave up two touchdowns and a field goal. One of the touchdowns was scored by Huntsville's defense, and the last touchdown was scored on a demoralized PNG defense in the last minutes of the game. It is true that we gave up some big pass plays, but we also forced a fair number of three-and-outs and were able to penetrate to the QB on more than one play. PNG was in this game for most of the game, and it certainly wasn't due to our fantastic offensive play. So it's not unreasonable to credit the defense for what it was able to accomplish. It also had to practically live on the field with very few breaks. From what I understand, two of our starters were out as well. All things considered, it sounds like the defense did pretty well. 

42 minutes ago, FrodoNDN said:

Guys, step away from the ledge. I pray RJ is good. This team was good on many levels. The defensive front and linebackers are the best I've seen in awhile. Hopefully RJ will be ok. BTW, we were pretty good before RJ, we'll be ok after has moved on. We have some talent coming up. 

And we beat Lee?  Vidor is going to be the test..

Nederland beats us by 20?  

I bet it’s 28

10 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Caveat: I listen to the games, so my observations are based solely on the impression I get from how the game is announced. If I remember right, through three quarters the defense gave up two touchdowns and a field goal. One of the touchdowns was scored by Huntsville's defense, and the last touchdown was scored on a demoralized PNG defense in the last minutes of the game. It is true that we gave up some big pass plays, but we also forced a fair number of three-and-outs and were able to penetrate to the QB on more than one play. PNG was in this game for most of the game, and it certainly wasn't due to our fantastic offensive play. So it's not unreasonable to credit the defense for what it was able to accomplish. It also had to practically live on the field with very few breaks. From what I understand, two of our starters were out as well. All things considered, it sounds like the defense did pretty well. 

I can get behind this.  Where’s the offense to make any difference?