Nederland 33 Beaumont United 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

7 hours ago, KF89 said:

Loss of lewis hurts, but u have 3 other legit DB returners leading the defense & all equally can be called best players on defense led by 3 year starting all state  DB Landon Hiltz, #2  Adam Roccaforte, #4 Brycen Grusecki arguably the best secondary in the area,  #9 Hunter Sonnier & #71 desean somersall have also stepped up huge leading D-line & #25 Jordan Huckabay & #33 Crowder Brown are making plays at LB. #11 Blaysin Fernandez play & leadership can’t be topped by anyone, this senior class is athletic & talented been winniing at every sport since 6 yrs old together.  Best statement made is Nederland is a team that plays together & for each other & wins games, no one on the team cares about being superstars 

I don’t know about the best secondary in the area cause Titan Tempo said otherwise in the game scrimmage... ijs

7 hours ago, KF89 said:

Loss of lewis hurts, but u have 3 other legit DB returners leading the defense & all equally can be called best players on defense led by 3 year starting all state  DB Landon Hiltz, #2  Adam Roccaforte, #4 Brycen Grusecki arguably the best secondary in the area,  #9 Hunter Sonnier & #71 desean somersall have also stepped up huge leading D-line & #25 Jordan Huckabay & #33 Crowder Brown are making plays at LB. #11 Blaysin Fernandez play & leadership can’t be topped by anyone, this senior class is athletic & talented been winniing at every sport since 6 yrs old together.  Best statement made is Nederland is a team that plays together & for each other & wins games, no one on the team cares about being superstars 

Yup! Love that we have so many guys stepping up and playing very well! Truly a TEAM concept this season! These Dogs are a lot of fun to watch!

9 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

We have an Assistant Superintendent and a Principal (who was the AD at the time of the hiring) that had some friends that they wanted to make sure had a job. 

It's funny how Central was able to beat a playoff Nederland team last year by themselves, yet you merge 2 schools and get embarrassed. 

Yup,I don’t think anyone thinks central was the issue to begin with. Yeah central struggled with its own coaching issues but how many times has central beat Nederland since let’s go.....2007 make it a decade timeline (07-17), three? Triple the times Ozen did? Friends and partners always seem to get what they want. Sucks cause the fans and players have to pay for the poor decision making 

What happened to #11? I heard he got hurt again and then #1 came in and closed it out. Was listening on the radio and it sounded like #1 came in and threw the hell out of the ball down the field. That was something different to here about the Nederland offense. They stayed balanced but #1 kept drives alive with his arm and being able to set up IN THE POCKET

11 minutes ago, PABorn said:

What happened to #11? I heard he got hurt again and then #1 came in and closed it out. Was listening on the radio and it sounded like #1 came in and threw the hell out of the ball down the field. That was something different to here about the Nederland offense. They stayed balanced but #1 kept drives alive with his arm and being able to set up IN THE POCKET

He was pulled down while trying to scramble.  He came up holding his shoulder I don’t know his status

1 hour ago, grayhair777 said:

OK alpha wolf the dogs one like I said I predicted 21-13 dogs win I was wrong the Timberwolves put up one more point being 14 the Bulldogs put up a lot more than I said so I think I would right what you got to say about it 

Y'all did what y'all were supposed to do.  Congratulations.  Good luck the rest of the year.

#11 is fine,could of came right back in but it was 19-0 middle of 3rd so coaches let his brother play for the experience.Bryce is a better pocket passer Blaysin has the experience and leadership,plus the ability to make things happen outside the pocket,if you notice everything he does is from rolling out and tucking it and running.Total differant styles..I’m the Dad and I know Blaysin isn’t a qb,he has the linebacker mentality..He does what the coaches ask of him!!They both do what they are asked to do and did a good job last night!!!

44 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

Yup,I don’t think anyone thinks central was the issue to begin with. Yeah central struggled with its own coaching issues but how many times has central beat Nederland since let’s go.....2007 make it a decade timeline (07-17), three? Triple the times Ozen did? Friends and partners always seem to get what they want. Sucks cause the fans and players have to pay for the poor decision making 

Good post.  I know Central didn't lead the series in the last 10 years but if my memory is correct, there was only one blow out loss.  Most games were competitive between the 2 schools.  I just expected a better game from us and it wasn't there...

Ok, it's been 12 hours, moving on to next week...

1 hour ago, chorizo said:

#11 is fine,could of came right back in but it was 19-0 middle of 3rd so coaches let his brother play for the experience.Bryce is a better pocket passer Blaysin has the experience and leadership,plus the ability to make things happen outside the pocket,if you notice everything he does is from rolling out and tucking it and running.Total differant styles..I’m the Dad and I know Blaysin isn’t a qb,he has the linebacker mentality..He does what the coaches ask of him!!They both do what they are asked to do and did a good job last night!!!

I understand,  my only ask is that if he’s surrounded when scrambling,  throw the ball away or go upfield.

10 minutes ago, chorizo said:

I agree,but we are sitting in the stands watching,they are kids on the field trying to win,easy to say from where we are,but I promise I tell him everything he does wrong.Most ppl that down the kids and coaches have never even played on a football field.

When I watch your boy he has a lot of traits of Brett farve, baker mayfield, and Johnny manziel Traits when he scrambles I just hold my breath and then squeezes and mustards our 10 yards on his feet or does a crazy throw for a first down or even a touchdown. It’s been fun to watch him. You are right about how he has linebacker mentality he wikl flat out run you over don’t underestimate him 

19 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

When I watch your boy he has a lot of traits of Brett farve, baker mayfield, and Johnny manziel Traits when he scrambles I just hold my breath and then squeezes and mustards our 10 yards on his feet or does a crazy throw for a first down or even a touchdown. It’s been fun to watch him. You are right about how he has linebacker mentality he wikl flat out run you over don’t underestimate him 

He was always our best linebacker  from 7th grade on,but once on varsity they wouldn’t let him go both ways anymore,the kid flat out loves defense but like I said he does what he is asked and you won’t find many kids that will give you more than him at any sport,that senior group has had heart since they were 7,I’ve been with em the whole ride,hate that it’s almost over!!!Never in 100 years would I ever had said he would be a qb on Friday nights,lb and fb would of gotten my money,it was hard to swallow at first for him and me but he gets out there every day and leads his troops to war,couldn’t be any more proud..

6 minutes ago, chorizo said:

He was always our best linebacker  from 7th grade on,but once on varsity they wouldn’t let him go both ways anymore,the kid flat out loves defense but like I said he does what he is asked and you won’t find many kids that will give you more than him at any sport,that senior group has had heart since they were 7,I’ve been with em the whole ride,hate that it’s almost over!!!Never in 100 years would I ever had said he would be a qb on Friday nights,lb and fb would of gotten my money,it was hard to swallow at first for him and me but he gets out there every day and leads his troops to war,couldn’t be any more proud..

Should be proud! 

4 hours ago, chorizo said:

I agree with the leadership. But without a quarterback that can throw down field the Nederland offense won't be one that can go deep into the playoffs. All they do is roll out or tuck it and run, nothing more than that. 

1 hour ago, chorizo said:

I agree,but we are sitting in the stands watching,they are kids on the field trying to win,easy to say from where we are,but I promise I tell him everything he does wrong.Most ppl that down the kids and coaches have never even played on a football field.

I got it,  I have played the game and I know he is always trying to make the play ala Farve or Manziel as stated above and that is a good trait most of the time.  But sometimes you have to just take what the defense gives and if it’s 2nd and 10 so be it.  Bad things sometimes happen if you try to force it such as injuries or turnovers. I want you to know that this is constructive criticism but I am not attacking him or you.

44 minutes ago, PABorn said:

I agree with the leadership. But without a quarterback that can throw down field the Nederland offense won't be one that can go deep into the playoffs. All they do is roll out or tuck it and run, nothing more than that. 

Again he is doing what he is asked to do from coaches,he didn’t ask to be a qb!!If he had his choice he would be on the other side of the ball!!!

The Bulldogs have a good chance of going very far in the playoffs. The key to getting to that magic 4th round('cause anything can happen in the 5th round) will be how well the starting QB can power the ball down field. The "O Line" is the key along with the QB's ability to be able to "time" the ball, AT THE RIGHT MOMENT, to the Bulldogs' deep threat receiver.  I've watched the Bulldogs this season and one thing that's missing is the long ball.  In the past, WR Conner Perkins was the long ball receiver. But the QB that year was confident with his ability to "time" the ball to Perkins. The Bulldogs have one in number eight.  He looks like a little AB of the Pittsburg Steelers.  Once the QB feels comfortable with his ability to "time" the ball to number eight, then look out!  The backup QB does have the ability to fire the ball with more zip.  And, his timing is more efficient than the starting QB.  Both QB's are well adapted in their own way. One thing for sure, the coaches have to recognize that the starting QB's lack of confidence to "time" the ball to its deep threat receiver and/or his choice to "hit" the comfortable 10 and 15 yard plays will eventually be sifted out by a good defensive coordinator.  There's a window open all the time and the starting QB and backup QB must be able to learn or recognize that window and release the ball. That comes with more practice and wanting to be able to improve more on their quarterbacking skills that lack success.  Bottom line, this Nederland team can be special.  And with a little luck, a state championship may evolve.  Oh, the possibilities.          

I don’t know where all this “can’t throw downfield crap” is coming from, but I remember a lot of deep throws last year to Latulas. Both of our QBs are doing a fine job when they are out there. I’m just happy that we have two very capable signal callers with different styles, three very capable underclassmem RBs with different styles, and a bevy of WRs. I agree with everyone though that a Latulas type WR is what we are missing most this season. The defense has been the most pleasant surprise to me so far! The starters have given up 7 to WO-S, and that was a 30 yard drive and 7 to BU. The other 7 that BU scored was on the 2nd strong D. Fun team to watch! Let’s quit trying to stir up a QB controversy! There’s been years where we’ve had NO QBs! Let’s embrace the fact that we have TWO guys that can get the job done.

#11 Fernandez for Nederland had 1864 passing yards & 24 passing td's in 2017 running the run 1st Nederland offensive scheme.  In 2016 #11 Fernandez was the QB hitting perkins on some of the deep balls. Also #11 is the same Nederland QB that used his passing ability to drive team down the field with several passess for the last passing td versus png & threw a perfect out route pass over png defender for the winning 2 pt conversion. Not sure why some think he's not a good passer,when stats & winning big games proves it.