Lumberton 42 Kirbyville 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

Good win for Lumberton.  Tough losing the QB early with the knee injury but they were able to overcome it running a lot of wildcat packages with that load of a RB #23.  Passing game needs a lot of work as they will need to try to stretch the field to keep defenses honest.  Kirbyville had their safety’s 8-9 yards off the ball all night.  Lumberton capitalized on some turnovers which was good to see.  Defense played very well also.

Kirbyville is on the right track.  Very young team with talent.  Only 8 seniors on a team of 26 and a new system.  Their QB has a good arm and showed some poise at times.  They played hard and didn’t give up as I expected.  Coach Jones will have them competitive in district.  Playing this tough non-district schedule will help them.

10 minutes ago, Lefty99 said:

Good win for Lumberton.  Tough losing the QB early with the knee injury but they were able to overcome it running a lot of wildcat packages with that load of a RB #23.  Passing game needs a lot of work as they will need to try to stretch the field to keep defenses honest.  Kirbyville had their safety’s 8-9 yards off the ball all night.  Lumberton capitalized on some turnovers which was good to see.  Defense played very well also.

Kirbyville is on the right track.  Very young team with talent.  Only 8 seniors on a team of 26 and a new system.  Their QB has a good arm and showed some poise at times.  They played hard and didn’t give up as I expected.  Coach Jones will have them competitive in district.  Playing this tough non-district schedule will help them.

#23 is really on defense but loves to go out and run it when they let him! 

59 minutes ago, Lefty99 said:

Passing game was non existent tonight, losing our qb did that.

My take after watching the first half:

This is probably the weakest Kirbyville team I have seen in years. No size, no depth. Going to be a long season for the Wildcats.

Lumberton has good offensive and defensive line play. Good running game. Secondary is probably the weak link on this team. Also, without starting QB, passing game was not good.

Hard to say how good Lumberton can be based off this game. Raiders probably got more out of the loss to Jasper than this win.