And the rich just keep getting richer

I hear what your saying but gone are the days of old none of that matters ,parents want what they want for their kid. I had this conversation last week, we were talking about playing behind other kids on a talented team which was PA Memorial fb. He said all these kids leaving and going to Nederland and Port Neches and they not getting scholarships why don’t they just stay at PA. I told him parents don’t care about any of that they want their kid to shine so they are gonna put him or her in a situation where they can get their name out there and it looks more attractive being the man and not a backup. Yes they would be a good back up but parents want their kid to play ALL the time not part time. They will sacarfice winning for headlines it happens whether you or whomever agrees with it that’s what’s happening these days. People crying about where kids playjng instead of focusing on the kids they have. It’s the coaches job to prepare his time not wonder who wants to play for him or not. Again let them go you may have a better TEAM in the end !!!!!

1 hour ago, AHUDDLESTON said:

The coach is not holding the kid hostage.  There are rules put down by the UIL that you must follow.  Transfer without moving, you have to sit out. If we don't like the rules try to change them.

We understand there are rules but a coach also doesn’t have to be an a-hole and check the box but he will to hold a kid against their will. And you really think a kid cares about sitting out a year if he is a college level player lol . Ask Elijah Parquet how that worked out ended up at Colorado and i guarantee there weren’t 60-75 coaching watching him in HS ball ....ask TxHoops he will second that .Like i was saying earlier the NCAA has a new rule on transferring. I’m sure down the line the governing bodies in HS states will tweak the transfer rules sooner or later .

14 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

We understand there are rules but a coach also doesn’t have to be an a-hole and check the box but he will to hold a kid against their will. And you really think a kid cares about sitting out a year if he is a college level player lol . Ask Elijah Parquet how that worked out ended up at Colorado and i guarantee there weren’t 60-75 coaching watching him in HS ball ....ask TxHoops he will second that .Like i was saying earlier the NCAA has a new rule on transferring. I’m sure down the line the governing bodies in HS states will tweak the transfer rules sooner or later .

If a coach knows for certainty that the athlete transferred for athletic reasons, the coach is obligated to check the box according to UIL policies and regulations. Otherwise that box would not exist.

I would not want to be the coach who doesn't check the box and the UIL rules the athlete transferred for athletic reasons knowing that fact. I would think that would make the coach look dishonest and a type coach who wants other athletes to transfer to his/her school for athletic reasons without any repercussions.

It's really simple. A coach is doing the job properly by checking the box if the fact is the athlete is moving for athletic reasons.

Now, what defines "athletic reasons" can be debated.

38 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

If a coach knows for certainty that the athlete transferred for athletic reasons, the coach is obligated to check the box according to UIL policies and regulations. Otherwise that box would not exist.

I would not want to be the coach who doesn't check the box and the UIL rules the athlete transferred for athletic reasons knowing that fact. I would think that would make the coach look dishonest and a type coach who wants other athletes to transfer to his/her school for athletic reasons without any repercussions.

It's really simple. A coach is doing the job properly by checking the box if the fact is the athlete is moving for athletic reasons.

Now, what defines "athletic reasons" can be debated.

Aggies we’ve been around the game for a long time you and I both know it doesn’t have to be checked for athletic reasons if the coach doesn’t want to. I could name kids who have left their previous schools without the coach checking the box but that’s neither here or there I get what your saying though 

Are there some who move for athletic reasons?  Sure, many.  But do not forget, there are many other reasons kids move.  Could be academics.  Could be bullying.  Could be a kid was treated unfairly for a myriad of reasons.  I’ll readily admit that most are for athletics, but just because a kid moves to another school, it’s not always sports.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Are there some who move for athletic reasons?  Sure, many.  But do not forget, there are many other reasons kids move.  Could be academics.  Could be bullying.  Could be a kid was treated unfairly for a myriad of reasons.  I’ll readily admit that most are for athletics, but just because a kid moves to another school, it’s not always sports.

That's correct. The key is did the family actually move?

In a lot of these cases the athlete "stays" with a friend or relative that lives in the zoned area where he/she transfers to. I have a little bit of a problem with that scenario.

6 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

That's correct. The key is did the family actually move?

In a lot of these cases the athlete "stays" with a friend or relative that lives in the zoned area where he/she transfers to. I have a little bit of a problem with that scenario.

Yea ppl only tend to have a problem with the ones who can play never with the ones who aren’t as good . 

6 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Yea ppl only tend to have a problem with the ones who can play never with the ones who aren’t as good . 

As someone so eloquently put it to me very recently, he’s never seen an objection over a 5’2” kid from Chester.  (No offense meant for anyone from Chester, you can insert Pineland, Fred, or any other small, but assuredly great small town community.)

What's funny is on a sports message board, on a basketball thread titled the rich just keep getting richer, you have people talking about other reasons for a basketball player to transfer. lol... If it was for any other reason why did he even enroll at United? He had all spring and summer to transfer. Smh... Like I said I would follow the rules and check for athletic reasons. And the small town teams coaches do this every time one of their players transfer to the city team. I'm not the coach though and really have no skin in this.

9 hours ago, TxHoops said:

As someone so eloquently put it to me very recently, he’s never seen an objection over a 5’2” kid from Chester.  (No offense meant for anyone from Chester, you can insert Pineland, Fred, or any other small, but assuredly great small town community.)

Yea TxHoops they don’t need get it lol, but I do believe most Hs governing bodies will change the rule sooner or later especially when their best players start bolting to prep schools ,oops I spoke to much already!!!!!!

32 minutes ago, 4visi0nary9 said:

I've trained/coached/mentored Kasen Harrison since 2013 . He's staying at Beaumont United. Pretty sad grown men take information posted on social media and make posts like this.

What's sad about it? This is high school sports message board. This is the forum for precisely this! What's sad is the fact that you made membership on a sports message board to complain about the information on that particular sports message board. smh...

6 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

What's sad about it? This is high school sports message board. This is the forum for precisely this! What's sad is the fact that you made membership on a sports message board to complain about the information on that particular sports message board. smh...

Unless you provide facts, people should stay away from commenting about a 16 year old kid. I didn't create a membership to complain about anything, I posted to make people aware of the misinformation. As someone thats worked with most of the great basketball players from that class since they were 12 years old, you're damn right I'm going to protect them.

51 minutes ago, 2020VISION said:

I've trained/coached/mentored Kasen Harrison since 2013 . He's staying at Beaumont United. Pretty sad grown men take information posted on social media and make posts like this.

I for one never though he would leave anyways i knew it was just the Silsbee kids inducting him into their click “The Wolfpack”. All these kids are closer than some think so sometimes you never know. But it’s just like anything you may hear you discuss it nothing negative was said about the kid so you can elax it ain’t that serious. PS : if he wasn’t good no one would discuss him lol!!!!!

11 minutes ago, 2020VISION said:

Unless you provide facts, people should stay away from commenting about a 16 year old kid. I didn't create a membership to complain about anything, I posted to make people aware of the misinformation. As someone thats worked with most of the great basketball players from that class since they were 12 years old, you're damn right I'm going to protect them.

Nobody is attacking that kid! Protecting them from what? This basically turned into a discussion about everyone's opinion, IE... message board, on high school basketball transfer rules. You're taking it way too serious!

4 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

I for one never though he would leave anyways i knew it was just the Silsbee inducting him into their click “The Wolfpack”. All these kids are closer than some think so sometimes you never know. But it’s just like anything you may hear you discuss it nothing negative was said about the kid so you can elax it ain’t that serious. 

It's not serious, but it's also not accurate. No big deal.