And the rich just keep getting richer

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

According to Twitter, Silsbee basketball just got deeper. Seems former Beaumont Central star PG Kaden Harrison is now a Silsbee Tiger.

United's loss, Silsbee's gain.

Just saw that and popped over to see if anyone had posted anything here.  Kid can definitely play.  If any school in the state, any classification, has a better group of guards, I would be shocked.  

I saw on twitter that Kasen Harrison is playing for Silsbee.  I asked one of the b ball assistant coaches about this in a dm and he said he had not seen Harrison at SHS.  School has now been in session almost two weeks.  But...if it is true, and he is on  the team I definitely have no problems with it.

56 minutes ago, ST413 said:

One question would he have been a starter at United? Ok I guess that leads to a second,  will he be a starter here?  

Not only would he have been a starter, he would’ve been there 1st or 2nd best player between him and Jakia Oliver. With Kevin Dotson out for the beginning of the seasons this is a big blow to United. 

I believe it all to be rumors until he actually puts on a Silsbee jersey. From my understanding they were just adding him to their click but I could be wrong. If he does leave i expect Glenn Bibbins to take over, he’s a very good defender ,decent shooter & solid all the way around. We all know the motto next up. Projected starters should be Glenn Bibbins,Jakia Oliver,Kendris Henry, Justin Pleasant,Jalyan Subject , that’s still a hell of a lineup imo. 

5 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

I believe it all to be rumors until he actually puts on a Silsbee jersey. From my understanding they were just adding him to their click but I could be wrong. If he does leave i expect Glenn Bibbins to take over, he’s a very good defender ,decent shooter & solid all the way around. We all know the motto next up. Projected starters should be Glenn Bibbins,Jakia Oliver,Kendris Henry, Justin Pleasant,Jalyan Subject , that’s still a hell of a lineup imo. 

Julius Ratller, Tyrese Baker, Anthony Green, Jacoby Veazie, maybe a call up for baby Arceneaux later in the season. When they get Dotson back it’ll be almost unfair for teams. Especially if they keep Kasen 

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I hope its a rumor about Kason.  A lot of what United would've been doing this year would've hinged on what Harrison would do.  

Kasen is a very good player and don’t get me wrong it would be great to have him with that group , but as I always say it opens the door for other kids who are just as capable of playing. Development is the key and they have kids at that school who can flat out play. 

16 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

According to Twitter, Silsbee basketball just got deeper. Seems former Beaumont Central star PG Kasen Harrison is now a Silsbee Tiger.

United's loss, Silsbee's gain.

Maybe that will free up Devon and Jordan to help out down low when needed. Just a thought 

On 9/7/2018 at 3:28 PM, Yeoj said:

If I were coach Green, he would be playing JV this year cause I would put on his transfer forms he's moving for athletic reasons. But, that's just me.

Why though if a kid doesn’t want to play for you  let him go , I got a lot of words for coaches  who pull that because they would leave a program for a better one in a minute ,more money and etc etc . These coaches always say it’s about the kids then if that’s the case let them go, you don’t own the kid. 

3 hours ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Why though if a kid doesn’t want to play for you  let him go , I got a lot of words for coaches  who pull that because they would leave a program for a better one in a minute ,more money and etc etc . These coaches always say it’s about the kids then if that’s the case let them go, you don’t own the kid. 

I agree but see where it would create major benefits once again in larger cities.  In this case as far as United is concerned it would be a big loss but it would be to a school in a different class so you wouldnt have to worry about that team when it counts.  As far as we are concerned,  guard is not a position we reallly need.  But of course more depth is almost always welcome.

That was my thinking exactly. I even talked with Coach Green about it. He said it would not happen. I don't like transfers unless the parents move. Over the years we have had too many transfers from Silsbee to Kountze and from Kountze to Silsbee. A large portion of the athletes at Evadale actually live in Silsbee. I would prefer that the kids play sports in the district where they reside. Of course we know that never happens (meaning no transfers without moving) at places like Yates.

Again no matter the feelings on the situation no coach should hold a kid hostage. They don't own the kid its too many of these coaches that think that way. its not up to a coach to decide what's best for the kid,that would be the parents job. These coaches don't get penalized for leaving a school so why should the kid. If you think about it college coaches cant stop a kid from leaving anymore. To each his own but if it were my kid i'd have some words for a coach if he did that!!!!!!

39 minutes ago, scoopno1 said:

That was my thinking exactly. I even talked with Coach Green about it. He said it would not happen. I don't like transfers unless the parents move. Over the years we have had too many transfers from Silsbee to Kountze and from Kountze to Silsbee. A large portion of the athletes at Evadale actually live in Silsbee. I would prefer that the kids play sports in the district where they reside. Of course we know that never happens (meaning no transfers without moving) at places like Yates.

FYI basketball is a global sport, kids move around everywhere. Kids will go play with their friends, summer teammates that's just how it is. Kid's are the biggest recruiters not coaches.

I don't disagree with the fact that kids are the biggest recruiters but before you jump into open enrollment why don't you just go to a single class like in the days of Hoosiers. It works..... My high school played the University of Arkansas for four years starting in 1896. The high school which also happens to be the same school Tom Halliburten graduated from beat Arkansas football  team two times which was either right before or right after Arkansas played the University of Texas. Chances are some of the high school players were 30 years old. 

In 1912 Bayard Nebraska, a town of about 4,000 played all the way to a mythical state football championship in football where they travelled on a train 500 miles to Omaha to play Omaha High School for the state championship. Bayard had 12 or 13 players and one of them was 12 years old. 

In the 1920's Joes Colorado decided to form a basketball team. They had seven players and a coach who had never played basketball. In 1926 they beat everyone in Northeastern Colorado and ventured to such places as Colorado Springs, Greeley and yes the best high schools in Denver to play. After beating everyone in Colorado they took a train to Chicago where they played in a national tournament. As I remember reading they beat some teams from Texas and others and eventually finished third in the tournament. They were pretty good. One of the players went on to play for a Phillips 66 AAU squad that was considered to be the best team in America. 

Let anyone play where they want to... don't have any classes. Folks that is two bad ideas.