Jasper vs. Bridge City

OldBallCoach

Jasper looks to build on a solid first game against Lumberton.  The offensive line continues to show improvement and the defense played solid against the pass and the run.  Offensively, they were able to get room for their speedy running backs to make plays and they controlled the box with a short, but efficient passing attack.  Look for Jasper to keep building and improving this week.  Jasper rolls  35-7

11 hours ago, jimmyw said:

This one could get ugly. Bridge City needs a balanced attack.They want run on Jasper either.

Heck, speaking on your terms of balanced attack, they did pass the darn ball on Friday and scored on a TD!!!  They did run the ball on Diboll's pretty salty defense.  It was turnovers that killed them. They didn't run the ball 100% of the time.  Although, in the slot-t, there isn't a "balanced attack" so to speak.  Ya'll keep talkin' about BC like they suck, but they're young and will put it together!  It's not how you start, but how you finish.  We'll get through this tough non-district schedule and be ready for district.  It's a marathon, not a sprint!  

6 minutes ago, GoBigRed2018 said:

Heck, speaking on your terms of balanced attack, they did pass the darn ball on Friday and scored on a TD!!!  They did run the ball on Diboll's pretty salty defense.  It was turnovers that killed them. They didn't run the ball 100% of the time.  Although, in the slot-t, there isn't a "balanced attack" so to speak.  Ya'll keep talkin' about BC like they suck, but they're young and will put it together!  It's not how you start, but how you finish.  We'll get through this tough non-district schedule and be ready for district.  It's a marathon, not a sprint!  

Nobody said that BC sucked, they just aren't good enough right now to compete with the first two teams on their schedule.

6 hours ago, GoBigRed2018 said:

Although, in the slot-t, there isn't a "balanced attack" so to speak.   

This, sir, is where I think you're wrong.  The slot t (like the other run based offenses) is very balanced indeed!

They're balanced in the aspect of being able to attack multiple gaps out of limited formations and repetitive backfield looks.

I hope BC's OC understands that more than fans in the stands.

5 hours ago, scat_trap said:

This, sir, is where I think you're wrong.  The slot t (like the other run based offenses) is very balanced indeed!

They're balanced in the aspect of being able to attack multiple gaps out of limited formations and repetitive backfield looks.

I hope BC's OC understands that more than fans in the stands.

I was at the game in Diboll... it wasn’t good. I can’t stress how badly our O-line got handled. All of the misdirection in the world won’t work with 3-5 defenders on your side of the line of scrimmage. I’m a big supporter, but I can also admit when things look bad.... and they do. 

I didn’t realize that Hamm was sitting out this year. Not that I blame him with a legit baseball future on the line, but we were counting on him on both sides of the ball. They really need to move one kid from RB to O-line. I really, REALLY didn’t see any breakaway speed from ANYBODY that was handling the ball. Turnovers were a killer. 

The QB is a bright spot. The bad news is that we still have to face tougher competition from here on out. 

All is not well in Cardinal Land. 

13 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I was at the game in Diboll... it wasn’t good. I can’t stress how badly our O-line got handled. All of the misdirection in the world won’t work with 3-5 defenders on your side of the line of scrimmage. I’m a big supporter, but I can also admit when things look bad.... and they do. 

I didn’t realize that Hamm was sitting out this year. Not that I blame him with a legit baseball future on the line, but we were counting on him on both sides of the ball. They really need to move one kid from RB to O-line. I really, REALLY didn’t see any breakaway speed from ANYBODY that was handling the ball. Turnovers were a killer. 

The QB is a bright spot. The bad news is that we still have to face tougher competition from here on out. 

All is not well in Cardinal Land.