Clemson @ Aggie

Tigers2010

53 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

That was the best college football game I’ve ever been to! The Aggies (unlike UT) are back, IMO. There is a different feel and vibe in Aggieland. Being mediocre is not normal anymore. Jimbo has changed the culture already. #JimboSZN 

Be careful, Texas Thouht the same thing against Notre Dame 

48 minutes ago, TXHORN_ET said:

Not so fast my friends. A team isn’t back until they’ve actually won something. That said, the Aggies played a very good game against Clemson Saturday night that has opened a lot of eyes, especially recruits. If this growth continues, ATM will definitely run this state.

They played way over their heads against a team (that if not for a #2 arbitrarily assigned to their name) was not that impressive. Plus, they lost.

PS.

Fix your crappy playing surface. It was trash.

Funny, apprears with as much as you have to say about the game, you chose to watch the Ags over your beloved team.

And do we really have to tell you that it was raining hard Saturday in CS? You realize what happens to the ground when it gets wet...

Continue to let your hatred flow through, we’ll keep getting better, your team will continue to roll around and play in it’s own crap in the bottom of a bucket with your Mensa coach. 

1 hour ago, horndawg said:

Funny, apprears with as much as you have to say about the game, you chose to watch the Ags over your beloved team.

And do we really have to tell you that it was raining hard Saturday in CS? You realize what happens to the ground when it gets wet...

Continue to let your hatred flow through, we’ll keep getting better, your team will continue to roll around and play in it’s own crap in the bottom of a bucket with your Mensa coach. 

Funny. It is possible to watch both games. Especially since one started at 6 and the other started at 7.

Ok. It was an ice rink. I saw the Pitt/PSU game and it was not that sloppy.

It flows, baby, it flows.

Is this the same "getting better" team that beats Bama in Alabama and then wins the Heisman? I mean it sounds really familiar, yet still in 4th place in the West. I guess "getting better" is a matter of opinion. (PS. I do not take every word that the SEC mouthpieces on ESECSPN tell me believe to heart. I was just a close loss at home to another "ranked" opponent. 

7 minutes ago, horndawg said:

Playing with the likes of a number 2 team vs losing to Maryland and struggling against Tulsa, yeah I like where we are.

Texas played Oklahoma a very similar game last year. Take your moral victory. I said nothing about Texas. I didn't realize Aggie football has been such trash that ALMOST WINNING takes you out of the crap bucket. Such low standards.

I’m not talking moral victory, we lost, and I hate it... The improvement I’m talking about and excited about is not folding after getting hit in the mouth, having resilience, which we had not shown under the previous regime. I saw our qb make plays he wasn’t capable of last year. I saw our defense play aggressive, which was a breath of fresh air. Still plenty to work on, but they showed improvement. 

What I’m getting at is As much as I hated that we lost (we gave plenty of chances to win away), I like what I saw in the growth of this team from what I got accustomed to seeing the last 4 years. I will eat crow if we fold but I think we witnessed the start of something great on Saturday. I know you and other horn fans won’t agree, but that’s fine, we’ll just have to wait and see.

32 minutes ago, horndawg said:

I’m not talking moral victory, we lost, and I hate it... The improvement I’m talking about and excited about is not folding after getting hit in the mouth, having resilience, which we had not shown under the previous regime. I saw our qb make plays he wasn’t capable of last year. I saw our defense play aggressive, which was a breath of fresh air. Still plenty to work on, but they showed improvement. 

What I’m getting at is As much as I hated that we lost (we gave plenty of chances to win away), I like what I saw in the growth of this team from what I got accustomed to seeing the last 4 years. I will eat crow if we fold but I think we witnessed the start of something great on Saturday. I know you and other horn fans won’t agree, but that’s fine, we’ll just have to wait and see.

Incorrect. Check a little further up in this thread....

33 minutes ago, horndawg said:

On 9/9/2018 at 9:43 PM, Tigers2010 said:

Not an Aggie fan, as shown on my previous posts, but I give credit where it's due. The Aggies looked great. I wouldn't be surprised if they are in it late in the season.

That being said, Texas had a game like this against Oklahoma last year. They weren't given a "moral victory" pass. Anyways, good job Aggie. Very solid effort tonight.

56 minutes ago, TXHORN_ET said:

Aggie missed a golden opportunity to make great strides within the college fb ranks in their first season in the sec which was very successful. How has it played out since that time. 

Huge difference between building a program and living on one really good player.

Rememeber, Sumlin coached this same group last year, you saw how they crumbled in the UCLA game; and this past Saturday kept scratching and clawing their way back. 

7 minutes ago, horndawg said:

Huge difference between building a program and living on one really good player.

Rememeber, Sumlin coached this same group last year, you saw how they crumbled in the UCLA game; and this past Saturday kept scratching and clawing their way back. 

Are you saying that team only had Johnny Manziel?

Saying Sumlin relied on Johnny to bail him out. We had many great players but let’s get real, sith Johnny, Sumlin didn’t have to  coach his kids up.

Look no further than after Johnny left how the qb situations were handled. Kids were thrown out there to the wolves and not developed, which is what I was getting at with Mond, he looks to have taken a big step forward. Could be wrong but what we saw Saturday was nice.

It’s on Aggie for giving sumlin the BIG contract after Johnny. Huge expectations..National Championships here we come. That didn’t work out so well. Now the powers that be have done it again. Yes I know Jimbo isn’t sumlin. His rpm’s are revved to the max. His team played above expectations and that’s a positive. Now they have to learn how to win against quality opponents and not the likes of Northwestern State. Time will tell.

It’s all a crap shoot anyway...a roll of the dice. How many professions put their jobs on the line when the outcome depends on the performance of a group of kids (high school) or young men (college).

A&M will become a national contender under Jimbo. Sumlin is an awful head coach. And I truly believe that. He stepped into UofH, and had a QB named Keenum and a offensive coordinator named Dana Holgersen. Then after Holgersen’s departure a guy named Kilff Kingsbury steps in. Two of the top offensive minds in all of college football. Fast forward to his time in College Station. He steps in and inherits a gold mind. Johnny Manziel, Mike Evans, Ryan Swope, Christine Michael, Malcome Kennedy, and a strong offensive line. And Kingsbury at OC. It’s been a landslide from there. Trevor Knight pieced together a season and saved Sumlin’s job for another year. Jimbo is a REAL coach and has brought a change in environment. Aggie’s want to win and win now, and have a different fight. Hearing the 12th Man chant “Bullsh##” after the fumble call on Saturday, and the energy Jimbo showed. There is a culture change coming to Aggie football! 

On 9/8/2018 at 5:26 PM, TxHoops said:

I have no idea.  The weather is apparently abysmal there.  

I do predict a full house next Saturday and a larger viewing audience on Fox than the prime time game on ESPN tonight.   But that’s what you expect when you match the premiere programs of 2 of the top football states in the county.