Nike’s new face

PhatMack19

3 hours ago, Englebert said:

I can't answer for the rest, but I don't like the kneeling during the national anthem because using this moment to protest is a provocative act designed to be distasteful to a large amount of people, just to get attention. Kaepernick had/has plenty of other opportunities to voice/express his protest message, but chose the most inflammatory method he could think of. He could have voiced his concerns during the media interviews following games. He could have walked out on the field and taken a knee before kickoff. He could have taken a knee anytime, but he chose to incite division and anger by purposely choosing the anthem. Liberals are the king of this. PETA employs this strategy on a regular basis...a strategy I'm not fond of at all. And I do recall you getting perturbed at me for using this strategy on you.

That's not your call to make. He should not be vilified for exercising his constitutional right. Turn your head away from the tv, if you don't want to see players kneeling. You cant force patrotism

51 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

I'm sure you look at Cassius Clay as an icon in the black community.  Didn't he dodge the draft?  Or, was that an honest oversight on your part?

Why would he fight for a country that didn't grant him equal rights? A country that treated blacks like animals. Would you have felt compelled to go to war?

4 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Why would he fight for a country that didn't grant him equal rights? A country that treated blacks like animals. Would you have felt compelled to go to war?

Why fight for a country that allowed you make millions?  Go back to praising another great icon in your community.  I'm sure you are so proud.  The draft was the draft, it didn't take into account the color of ones skin.

10 minutes ago, Big girl said:

That's not your call to make. He should not be vilified for exercising his constitutional right. Turn your head away from the tv, if you don't want to see players kneeling. You cant force patrotism

No, people are changing channels. Hit em where it hurts. Tired of being told to turn my head. This is my country too. You don't have the balls to say you are not Big Girl.

9 minutes ago, Big girl said:

It is my call to make. In case you forgot, I also have 1st amendments rights. Why are you trying to stifle MY right of free speech? Do you think I don't have the right to protest something I feel is done to incite hatred?

4 minutes ago, Big girl said:

I like what Kaep stands for (sorry kneels). Go Kaep. I love it.

Do you even understand why he is kneeling? If you do (and I would be shocked), check the stats of what he considers overt actions deeming the need to inflame a large number of people. You might be left speechless to learn that you are being led be the nose of a biased media...which probably should be classified as a hate group by now.

17 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

Why fight for a country that allowed you make millions?  Go back to praising another great icon in your community.  I'm sure you are so proud.  The draft was the draft, it didn't take into account the color of ones skin.

Did he make millions at that time? It was more than about him.Would you fight for a country where blacks couldn't go into the same bathroom as whites? (If you were black)A country where whites continuously oppressed black people? "A Vietcong never called me the n word." He couldnt go to some restaraunts, his kids couldnt go to certain schools. Yet, he was supposed to fight under the premise that America was the land of the free, and the home of the brave. Yeah, right. Anyone who thinks he should have is insane. What about my dad, he wasn't rich. Should he have fought? Trump didn't have a legitimate reason to dodge the draft, but Ali did.

5 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Did he make millions at that time? It was more than about him.Would you fight for a country where blacks couldn't go to the same bathroom as whites? A country where whites contiously oppressed black people? "A Vietcong never called me the n word." He couldnt go to some restaraunts, his kids couldnt go to certain schools. Yet he was supposed to fight under the premise that America was the land of the free and the home of the brave. Yeah, right. Anyone who thinks he should have is insane. What about my dad, he wasn't rich. Should he have fought. Trump didn't have a legitimate reason to dodge the draft, but he did.

I get it.  Ok for black to dodge draft, but not white.  Your racism is glowing!

15 minutes ago, Englebert said:

It is my call to make. In case you forgot, I also have 1st amendments rights. Why are you trying to stifle MY right of free speech? Do you think I don't have the right to protest something I feel is done to incite hatred?

You dont have the right to force him to do anything. You are free to give your opinion.

13 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Did he make millions at that time? It was more than about him.Would you fight for a country where blacks couldn't go into the same bathroom as whites? (If you were black)A country where whites continuously oppressed black people? "A Vietcong never called me the n word." He couldnt go to some restaraunts, his kids couldnt go to certain schools. Yet, he was supposed to fight under the premise that America was the land of the free, and the home of the brave. Yeah, right. Anyone who thinks he should have is insane. What about my dad, he wasn't rich. Should he have fought? Trump didn't have a legitimate reason to dodge the draft, but Ali did.

You are making fighting a war all about you. How selfish. There are other people in the world besides you and you affliction.

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

You dont have the right to force him to do anything. You are free to give your opinion.

That's exactly what I did...I gave my opinion, but you somehow accuse me of trying to force him to do something. Why do you make stuff up? Most people consider that "lying". And you say I'm free to give my opinion, but then accuse me of stifling rights when I do. What is wrong with you?!

And the NFL does have every right to force him to do what they say. They can't throw him in jail for not following their procedures, but they have every right to fire him. Kaepernick's first amendment rights guarantee that the government cannot throw him in jail for his statements. The first amendment does not guarantee him the right not to get fired for his statements. It is a very simple concept that somehow is foreign to many people.

You claim to be a nurse. Do your bosses have the right to fire you if you curse at your patients? Do your bosses have a right to fire you if you don't show up for work, even if your excuse for failing to show was due to participating in a protest? Do your bosses have a right to fire you for what they deem as inappropriate behavior? If you are assisting a doctor and he asks for a scalpel, and you take a knee instead, do your bosses have the right to fire you? Does the government have the right to throw you in jail for such actions? Can you see the difference? Now tell me again, does the NFL have the right to tell Kaepernick not to take or knee or risk being fired?

4 hours ago, Englebert said:

Do you even understand why he is kneeling? If you do (and I would be shocked), check the stats of what he considers overt actions deeming the need to inflame a large number of people. You might be left speechless to learn that you are being led be the nose of a biased media...which probably should be classified as a hate group by now.

We make up 13 percent of the population, but are shot 26 percent of the time. Do you see a problem with that?

14 minutes ago, Big girl said:
14 minutes ago, Big girl said:

We make up 13 percent of the population, but are shot 26 percent of the time. Do you see a problem with that?

Shot by whom?

31 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Exhibit A! Do you think the biased wing-nut Liberal media should be considered a hate group by the SPLC? You are the epitome of the damage the biased media can do to a human brain.

Now answer WOSgrad's question...which deserves repeating: "Shot by whom?"