Nike’s new face

PhatMack19

35 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

This is the hidden content, please

White Americans are nearly eight times more likely to die from illicit-drug overdoses than murder, the CDC statistics show, a proportion that undoubtedly reflects the heroin and opiate epidemic. But according to FBI data for 2015, when whites are murdered anywhere in the country, the murderer is five times more likely to be white than nonwhite. (This ratio counts only murder cases in which information about the offender is known by law enforcement.)

Overall, white Americans who live in predominantly white and Trump-voting counties are 50% more likely to die from murder, gun violence and drug overdoses than whites who live in the most diverse and Democratic-voting counties. The more white and Republican a county is, the greater the risk for white Americans.

Are you actually this gullible?

Insurance companies used to charge more money for insurance on red cars than non-red cars. There rationale was that more red cards are involved in more accidents than any other color car, therefore, red cars are more dangerous. This line of thinking continued until someone told them that there are more red cars on the road than any other color, and therefore will be involved in more wrecks...not because of the color of the car...but because of the sheer number of red cars. It's something we can all laugh about now...until we read that some people are still employing that flawed logic.

People just love to hate. He should be focused on this or that, I don’t like the way he’s protesting. Stop following your idiotic president with trying to change the narrative of another man protest. Not to disrespect the flag the troops but to call awareness to social injustice. Talk about being a snowflake. Y’all really out here burning Nike’s.

5 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Are you actually this gullible?

Insurance companies used to charge more money for insurance on red cars than non-red cars. There rationale was that more red cards are involved in more accidents than any other color car, therefore, red cars are more dangerous. This line of thinking continued until someone told them that there are more red cars on the road than any other color, and therefore will be involved in more wrecks...not because of the color of the car...but because of the sheer number of red cars. It's something we can all laugh about now...until we read that some people are still employing that flawed logic.

Like people of African decent mostly live in same neighborhood so more likely to get killed shot hugged and kissed by another person of Africans decent but black on black crime just got a certain ring to it. 

Explain this.

1 hour ago, PAMFAM10 said:

People just love to hate. He should be focused on this or that, I don’t like the way he’s protesting. Stop following your idiotic president with trying to change the narrative of another man protest. Not to disrespect the flag the troops but to call awareness to social injustice. Talk about being a snowflake. Y’all really out here burning Nike’s.

I have no Nike stuff to burn, but I've been accused of owning some. Where did you think Bluedove acquired that line of thinking?

And speaking of idiotic president, we've asked this question so many times on here to the point of absurdity, only to see it go unanswered. Why do you think Trump is an idiot?

14 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

12% of a population is accountable for 54% of murders/burglaries.. Is that a problem?

"Police Brutality"....please

29 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Like people of African decent mostly live in same neighborhood so more likely to get killed shot hugged and kissed by another person of Africans decent but black on black crime just got a certain ring to it. 

Explain this.

Gladly, as I have read many of these types of "studies" before.

Many studies like this have been shot down...repeatedly...when analyzing the supporting data. Many of these studies compare what the author(s) claim as "exact same crime" only to find out they were not the same exact crimes. Some also fail to take into account criminal history. This one claims to include that factor, but without the raw data to analyze we have to take the author's word for it. There can be many factors involved, so without an independent analyzes of said data, we just have to buy the author's claims. Considering that most of these studies have been shot down in the past, I'll wait for independent verification.

Studies have also found that poor Whites get longer sentences than rich Whites, and poor Blacks get longer sentences than rich Blacks...although these studies are also subject to flaws in methodology and mitigating factors.

I'm guessing you are trying to suggest overt racism is the cause for these longer sentences...and you might be right. I'm curious as to why these studies never look at particular judges. If certain judges are handing out longer sentences to Blacks, therefore accounting for the disparities, why aren't these judges being called out? Could it be that these people have looked at particular judges, and found that Black judges also give longer sentences to Black men, in congruence with White judges? After all, studies have shown that Black police officers stop Black drivers at the same rate as White officers. Could this be a similar case? I've also seen a study (don't remember any follow-up or corroborating studies) that show Black jurors convict Black men on par with White jurors. 

21 hours ago, Big girl said:

That's not your call to make. He should not be vilified for exercising his constitutional right. Turn your head away from the tv, if you don't want to see players kneeling. You cant force patrotism

"You can't force patriotism."   Your words.  That implies that you are in agreement with most of us that his actions are unpatriotic.  Good for you.  

Btw, although I disdain what Kapertwit has done, the NFL problem falls on the shoulders of Roger Goodell, who should have stopped it immediately.  It is his main responsibility to protect the image of the NFL, and he didn't. 

30 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

I am still waiting on Dove, or anybody for that matter, to show what Democrats have done for the poor folks in Chicago.

I (and others) have brought that up many times in the last few years and never get an answer so don't hold you breath.

The good folks of Chicago could definitely use  deserve some Republican leadership.

53 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Hmmmm.

21 hours ago, baddog said:

No joke. 99% of murders are committed by family members or people who know you. Think they would be white? Duh......

This is not true on the south side of Chicago where even stray bullets kill babies and small children.

Chicago has a long history of killing people with stray bullets. Its all wrong.

See what you don't want to look at is this: When street disturbances started in the Baltimore Harbor District a couple of years ago, the incidents were squashed in a matter of weeks.Because they didn't want to lose the tourist factor.

10 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

In the end, you Trump supporters picked a doozy. His own people turning against him. So, you support the guy and that says a lot about his supporters. Hard to reason with people like this I must admit, I love messing with yall.

If messing with us means making yourself look stupid, then I agree. Oh, and calling us racist. Don't forget that "doozy". And yes, it is hard, if not impossible, to reason with people that can't back up their own accusations and simply throw the race card out as some type of cover. Yes, it is very difficult to reason with that kind of people. Do you hear the bell inside your head?

19 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Chicago has a long history of killing people with stray bullets. Its all wrong.

See what you don't want to look at is this: When street disturbances started in the Baltimore Harbor District a couple of years ago, the incidents were squashed in a matter of weeks.Because they didn't want to lose the tourist factor.

So what keeps Chicago from squashing the crime?

On 9/6/2018 at 11:00 AM, Tigers2010 said:

The whole "police brutality" is a farce. The fact is police killings that are totally unjustified are very, very minimal. What should be much more alarming, especially for the black community, is their crime rate for murder and burglary are through the roof. There is zero accountability for that. Colin needs to be in those communities educating, promoting values, helping people get off the streets and out of criminal behavior. Instead, he is blaming police officers. 12% of the population commits over 50% of murders and burglaries. Where is the accountability for actions?

This is the ignorance that part of the problem. Research how much cities have paid in settlements for police misconduct and then come back with the farce BS. Why don't you say anything about the alarming white on white crime rate that's just as "through the roof"? Where is the accountability for that? Oh and if we're just going by the numbers which are ridiculously loaded. You do realize that black people are seven times more likely to get wrongfully convicted of murder, right. Smdh... 

9 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

This is the ignorance that part of the problem. Research how much cities have paid in settlements for police misconduct and then come back with the farce BS. Why don't you say anything about the alarming white on white crime rate that's just as "through the roof"? Where is the accountability for that? Oh and if we're just going by the numbers which are ridiculously loaded. You do realize that black people are seven times more likely to get wrongfully convicted of murder, right. Smdh... 

Who are the ones that wrongly convict Black people of murder? Are you trying to accuse White people of wrongly convicting Black people? Do your research then tell me whose ignorance is part of the problem.

4 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Who are the ones who wrongly convict Black people of murder? Are you trying to accuse White people of wrongly convicting Black people? Do your research then tell me whose ignorance is part of the problem.

Did I say that? You do some research and stop posting dumbass talking points that have already been proven to be at best, partially true. And I already stated that YOUR ignorance is part of the problem. Stop trying to act like the smartest person in the room. Clearly you're not. Only on this forum, behind your computer screen does this BS even passes for rational. Smdh...