Nike’s new face

PhatMack19

19 hours ago, Yeoj said:

Question for all these "patriots"? How is kneeling during the national anthem unpatriotic but flying the confederate flag and supporting those confederate monuments not? I mean that flag and those men fought against the American flag. So by your standards, shouldn't all confederate flags be burned and those monuments destroyed? 

HYPOCRITES !!

19 hours ago, Englebert said:

I can't answer for the rest, but I don't like the kneeling during the national anthem because using this moment to protest is a provocative act designed to be distasteful to a large amount of people, just to get attention. Kaepernick had/has plenty of other opportunities to voice/express his protest message, but chose the most inflammatory method he could think of. He could have voiced his concerns during the media interviews following games. He could have walked out on the field and taken a knee before kickoff. He could have taken a knee anytime, but he chose to incite division and anger by purposely choosing the anthem. Liberals are the king of this. PETA employs this strategy on a regular basis...a strategy I'm not fond of at all. And I do recall you getting perturbed at me for using this strategy on you.

So, I guess you noticed the young white male kneeling  before the American flag at McCain's funeral?

19 hours ago, Englebert said:

I can't answer for the rest, but I don't like the kneeling during the national anthem because using this moment to protest is a provocative act designed to be distasteful to a large amount of people, just to get attention. Kaepernick had/has plenty of other opportunities to voice/express his protest message, but chose the most inflammatory method he could think of. He could have voiced his concerns during the media interviews following games. He could have walked out on the field and taken a knee before kickoff. He could have taken a knee anytime, but he chose to incite division and anger by purposely choosing the anthem. Liberals are the king of this. PETA employs this strategy on a regular basis...a strategy I'm not fond of at all. And I do recall you getting perturbed at me for using this strategy on you.

The impact and the timing to get across a very serious message was the point. You saw and now you're aware of his protest.  And most of yall are descendants from people who protested against the British flag and thus, the American Revolution. But I get it, its to suit your agenda that makes it right.

43 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

The impact and the timing to get across a very serious message was the point. You saw and now you're aware of his protest.  And most of yall are descendants from people who protested against the British flag and thus, the American Revolution. But I get it, its to suit your agenda that makes it right.

Then protesting all of the needless killing of police would be a noble action as well?

34 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

So, I guess you noticed the young white male kneeling  before the American flag at McCain's funeral?

Is a more childish and short-sided statement possible compared to this one?

31 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Apparently you are this short-sighted? And apparently you feel that no protest has limits of decorum when it comes to timing or behavior. So according to you, if I want to protest the breakroom policies at my place of work, it is highly appropriate to drop my pants and moon the guests at your wedding. That would be my form of protest that would get attention, and you have no right to get mad that I chose that time, place, and method for staging a protest. Is this really your logic? 

And what agenda do you think I have? Are you attempting to call me racist again? Does the word pedophile ring a bell in your head?

The whole "police brutality" is a farce. The fact is police killings that are totally unjustified are very, very minimal. What should be much more alarming, especially for the black community, is their crime rate for murder and burglary are through the roof. There is zero accountability for that. Colin needs to be in those communities educating, promoting values, helping people get off the streets and out of criminal behavior. Instead, he is blaming police officers. 12% of the population commits over 50% of murders and burglaries. Where is the accountability for actions?

9 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

The whole "police brutality" is a farce. The fact is police killings that are totally unjustified are very, very minimal. What should be much more alarming, especially for the black community, is their crime rate for murder and burglary are through the roof. There is zero accountability for that. Colin needs to be in those communities educating, promoting values, helping people get off the streets and out of criminal behavior. Instead, he is blaming police officers. 12% of the population commits over 50% of murders and burglaries. Where is the accountability for actions?

Big Girl aint gonna like this

3 hours ago, stevenash said:

Then protesting all of the needless killing of police would be a noble action as well?

19 hours ago, Big girl said:

That's not your call to make. He should not be vilified for exercising his constitutional right. Turn your head away from the tv, if you don't want to see players kneeling. You cant force patrotism

Yep, but especially among Black youths and others of color.

3 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Colin doesn't need to be in those communities. He can't "police" every community. There are people there already working in those high crime areas. Farce? Do you think this started just within the past few years? It's been going on for years. Everybody has video capability now. So, its being caught on video now.

This is the hidden content, please

White Americans are nearly eight times more likely to die from illicit-drug overdoses than murder, the CDC statistics show, a proportion that undoubtedly reflects the heroin and opiate epidemic. But according to FBI data for 2015, when whites are murdered anywhere in the country, the murderer is five times more likely to be white than nonwhite. (This ratio counts only murder cases in which information about the offender is known by law enforcement.)

Overall, white Americans who live in predominantly white and Trump-voting counties are 50% more likely to die from murder, gun violence and drug overdoses than whites who live in the most diverse and Democratic-voting counties. The more white and Republican a county is, the greater the risk for white Americans.

35 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Colin doesn't need to be in those communities. He can't "police" every community. There are people there already working in those high crime areas. Farce? Do you think this started just within the past few years? It's been going on for years. Everybody has video capability now. So, its being caught on video now.

I don't think anything has started recently. In almost every single case (not all, of course), police shootings begin with someone not following orders, resisting, being aggresive, or down right attacking officers. There are less than .01% of police shootings made in cold blood. To make it sound like police officers are actively shooting innocent African American is false. There is a much bigger problem with 12% of the population committing 50% of murders and burglaries. Colin is "calling attention" to a fake problem. At the very least he is calling attention to a much smaller issue than 12% of our people committing 50% of our major crimes.

17 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

White Americans are nearly eight times more likely to die from illicit-drug overdoses than murder, the CDC statistics show, a proportion that undoubtedly reflects the heroin and opiate epidemic. But according to FBI data for 2015, when whites are murdered anywhere in the country, the murderer is five times more likely to be white than nonwhite. (This ratio counts only murder cases in which information about the offender is known by law enforcement.)

Overall, white Americans who live in predominantly white and Trump-voting counties are 50% more likely to die from murder, gun violence and drug overdoses than whites who live in the most diverse and Democratic-voting counties. The more white and Republican a county is, the greater the risk for white Americans.

12% commits 50%. That is a major problem that nobody cares to acknowledge because it is much easier to blame Trump for something or blame 0.01% of bad cops. 

26 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

No joke. 99% of murders are committed by family members or people who know you. Think they would be white? Duh......

This is not true on the south side of Chicago where even stray bullets kill babies and small children.

51 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Who? Democrats have controlled cities like Chicago for decades. Who has helped that city, and the others like it? How have the Democrats helped Chicago. Please, please explain that to me.