Pay increase for federal employees

Big girl

2 hours ago, baddog said:

This goes for anyone.... If you have no I.D. on you and are asked your name, if you remain silent you may be arrested, but once you are placed under arrest, you have the right to remain silent.

That is not correct. 

No one is required to carry an ID. 

A person that is driving must present a driver’s license however that is for the privilege of driving, not because anyone is required to carry an ID. 

A person is not required to identify himself unless he is under arrest  

If an officer arrests you for remaining silent, hire a good attorney and start deciding how much you might settle for in an out of court settlement.

The right to remain silent is not only after an arrest. 

6 hours ago, tvc184 said:

That is not correct. 

No one is required to carry an ID. 

A person that is driving must present a driver’s license however that is for the privilege of driving, not because anyone is required to carry an ID. 

A person is not required to identify himself unless he is under arrest  

If an officer arrests you for remaining silent, hire a good attorney and start deciding how much you might settle for in an out of court settlement.

The right to remain silent is not only after an arrest. 

It was a joke, but ok.

Most people drive from here to there.  If they can't drive, they wish they could drive. The vast majority of encounters with the police will involve someone in a vehicle.  I used to catch the bus.  I need to do so again.  It is good exercise. The police never stopped me and asked questions.  We have three cars in this household and only two drivers.  So I drive.  If I get pulled over I got to show a license, or I will get ticketed.  I could get my license suspended, maybe even accrue surcharges.  

I've heard a story of guys standing around outside a convenience store, in the inner city.  The HPD came by, lined them up, and everyone who did not have ID was taken downtown.  I wasn't there when that happened, but the person who told me this is trustworthy.

I have met some radical types who say they purposely don't have ID or even a social security card.  How they function in society I don't know.  

6 hours ago, Kountzer said:

Most people drive from here to there.  If they can't drive, they wish they could drive. The vast majority of encounters with the police will involve someone in a vehicle.  I used to catch the bus.  I need to do so again.  It is good exercise. The police never stopped me and asked questions.  We have three cars in this household and only two drivers.  So I drive.  If I get pulled over I got to show a license, or I will get ticketed.  I could get my license suspended, maybe even accrue surcharges.  

I've heard a story of guys standing around outside a convenience store, in the inner city.  The HPD came by, lined them up, and everyone who did not have ID was taken downtown.  I wasn't there when that happened, but the person who told me this is trustworthy.

I have met some radical types who say they purposely don't have ID or even a social security card.  How they function in society I don't know.  

Driver’s license needed to drive lawfully? Yes. 

ID of any kind when not driving or some other activity that requires a license like fishing or hunting? No. 

People lined up and jailed for no ID? Not credible. Like I often read, if that was true, there is more to the story. Like maybe an officer(s) was charging someone with a minor offense but since no ID to confirm who to give a citation to, the person(s) was arrested in lieu of a citation. 

Neither Texas law nor federal law requires the carrying of an ID however it is lawful in Texas to arrest for anything without a warrant except for speeding, open container or texting... if the person agrees to sign a citation. 

If someone was arrested it was likely for some criminal charge and not failure to possess an ID. 

On 9/2/2018 at 10:52 AM, baddog said:

Who really cares. He should can half of them. All they do is take up space. Government employees are leaches and worthless as employees. Walk into any number of government offices and notice how many are painting their nails or are on facebook. I know there are some good ones, but the majority are not needed. 

Really fake news.

In terms of the legality of having an ID, that which is legal, is de facto not advisable.  Most working, law abiding citizens have Identification.  They can't function in society without one.  Law enforcement knows this.  Anyone who doesn't want to be detained should know it.  It is really hard to have gainful employment without ID.  If you willfully don't have id, then what kind of underground economy are you participating in?  Manna stopped falling from heaven a long time ago.

3 hours ago, stevenash said:

If you know it is false, prove your case instead of asking me to.

You made the statement. I am a  United States Federal employee and I stated the fact. Your statement is false pure and simple. Have you ever worked for the Federal Government? If you have you would know that under the Obama administration  we had a federal pay and locality freeze . President Trump has said he will have another pay and locality freeze. Your statement has no substance.

Have a blessed day. 

Have you ever worked in the private sector?  I know of many industries where there have been few, if any, raises over the  past 20 years.  In my own industry, the compensation rates have declined for many years consecutively.  The federal pay freeze in 2011 was the first time since 1986 that there were no federal pay raises.

6 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Have you ever worked in the private sector?  I know of many industries where there have been few, if any, raises over the  past 20 years.  In my own industry, the compensation rates have declined for many years consecutively.

22 yrs. Federal law enforcement, 3 1/2 years Sheriff Department and the United States Army.  

3 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Capitalism is a wonderous thing!

3 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Capitalism is a wonderous thing!

True ,but it comes at a cost. When you way the cost somtimes it is not worth the risk when lives are in harms way.

Working more with less, understaffed and undertrained. 

On 9/10/2018 at 3:18 AM, Kountzer said:

In terms of the legality of having an ID, that which is legal, is de facto not advisable.  Most working, law abiding citizens have Identification.  They can't function in society without one.  Law enforcement knows this.  Anyone who doesn't want to be detained should know it.  It is really hard to have gainful employment without ID.  If you willfully don't have id, then what kind of underground economy are you participating in?  Manna stopped falling from heaven a long time ago.

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:30 PM, Law Man said:

True ,but it comes at a cost. When you way the cost somtimes it is not worth the risk when lives are in harms way.

Working more with less, understaffed and undertrained. 

How many of those workers were coerced or forced into that profession?  Does the same not apply to teachers?

As long as we are still running massive debts, then no raises.  As a matter of fact, the work force should be cut in half.  This is why federal workers do not like government shutdowns.  They say "non-essential" stay home.  And you know what -- the running of the government does not  miss a beat!  It shows they are not needed!