Pay increase for federal employees

Big girl

18 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Why aren't they getting a raise? I don't think you answered the question.

I can't answer that.  Maybe any extra monies are getting used to get us out of a hole left by your hero, obama.  Now, you show such great concern over this issue, how about obama lying about the unaffordable healthcare act.  You have no problem with that?

Who really cares. He should can half of them. All they do is take up space. Government employees are leaches and worthless as employees. Walk into any number of government offices and notice how many are painting their nails or are on facebook. I know there are some good ones, but the majority are not needed. 

22 minutes ago, baddog said:

Who really cares. He should can half of them. All they do is take up space. Government employees are leaches and worthless as employees. Walk into any number of government offices and notice how many are painting their nails or are on facebook. I know there are some good ones, but the majority are not needed. 

Just made up leftard concern.

I work for the state of Texas.  I earn every dime I make.  I've been cursed out, sneezed on.  Lied on.  I've dealt with a whole lot of mentally impaired customers.  I do so with no protective shield in front of me.  Every morning here lately, the line is wrapped around the building. I put away my cell phone.  Facebook and other stuff is blocked. 

Tuesday I worked 10.50 hours from 745 am until 715pm.  I put in an hour of overtime almost every day.  I don't get paid a lot.  I am thankful for my job just the same.  One or two nights a week I supplement my income by delivering pizzas, at papa johns at that.

The beauty of it is I don't have to ask anyone for anything.  I earned it.  Anyone who says differently is a liar.

Also I've helped a lot of physically impaired people.  These people need identification to survive.  If you don't believe me try opening a bank account or getting basic human service without an ID.  If you do not have an ID the police can ticket you or take you to jail.  

I could go on and on.  I am well versed on this topic.  I see  and do it everyday.

7 hours ago, Kountzer said:

I work for the state of Texas.  I earn every dime I make.  I've been cursed out, sneezed on.  Lied on.  I've dealt with a whole lot of mentally impaired customers.  I do so with no protective shield in front of me.  Every morning here lately, the line is wrapped around the building. I put away my cell phone.  Facebook and other stuff is blocked. 

Tuesday I worked 10.50 hours from 745 am until 715pm.  I put in an hour of overtime almost every day.  I don't get paid a lot.  I am thankful for my job just the same.  One or two nights a week I supplement my income by delivering pizzas, at papa johns at that.

The beauty of it is I don't have to ask anyone for anything.  I earned it.  Anyone who says differently is a liar.

Also I've helped a lot of physically impaired people.  These people need identification to survive.  If you don't believe me try opening a bank account or getting basic human service without an ID.  If you do not have an ID the police can ticket you or take you to jail.  

I could go on and on.  I am well versed on this topic.  I see  and do it everyday.

And your point is?

On 9/6/2018 at 2:00 AM, Kountzer said:

........... If you do not have an ID the police can ticket you or take you to jail.  

I am not sure how well versed you are but except for driving, the ID part simply isn’t true. The police cannot (legally) arrest someone because they don’t possess, own, carry, etc., an ID. In fact unless you are actually under arrest, you don’t even have to tell an officer your name even if he has lawfully detained you. 

I'm not trying to play any type of card, but for me, or someone else that is black like me, if you get pulled over you had better have an ID.  If you don't have an ID and they ask what is your name your dang sure better tell therm.  Not doing so is a good way to get beat down and or shot.

2 hours ago, Kountzer said:

I'm not trying to play any type of card, but for me, or someone else that is black like me, if you get pulled over you had better have an ID.  If you don't have an ID and they ask what is your name your dang sure better tell therm.  Not doing so is a good way to get beat down and or shot.

This goes for anyone.... If you have no I.D. on you and are asked your name, if you remain silent you may be arrested, but once you are placed under arrest, you have the right to remain silent.