MANVEL vs CROSBY

Cougar14.2

6 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I assume you’re a smart guy. It’s a real simple exercise. Go back a decade 07-17 in the Houston area and find a team that has 95 regular season wins plus 12 playoff wins. Crosby averaged 10.7 wins per season during that period. There’s nothing to stretch, I’ve just been gone so there’s an information void. 

Lol, you do realize that average 10.7 wins a year equates to .7 playoff wins a year. Look nobody denies Crosby had good regular seasons. Heck, I gave ya'll props on being the dominant district team, but Crosby isn't a dynasty Houston area team. 2017 is a year during your called dynasty years and y'all took that L to PNG 1st round. Let me repeat, lost 1st round. In the last 5 years Crosby got past 2nd round ONE time. Sorry Coug, but that's not in the top 2 5a dynasty in the Houston area. This has nothing to do with BH. This has to do with facts. District Dynasty in a weak district is Crosby. Throw something else out, I'll wait....

2 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Lol, you do realize that average 10.7 wins a year equates to .7 playoff wins a year. Look nobody denies Crosby had good regular seasons. Heck, I gave ya'll props on being the dominant district team, but Crosby isn't a dynasty Houston area team. 2017 is a year during your called dynasty years and y'all took that L to PNG 1st round. Let me repeat, lost 1st round. In the last 5 years Crosby got past 2nd round ONE time. Sorry Coug, but that's not in the top 2 5a dynasty in the Houston area. This has nothing to do with BH. This has to do with facts. District Dynasty in a weak district is Crosby. Throw something else out, I'll wait....

Correction, that should be 08-17 and we averaged 9 wins per season. Who said anything about a dynasty other than the people doing those rankings? People on this board are so quick to jump on something, yet you can do no research to prove your point? I asked you a simple question, find another team in Houston that’s won more games over that period? Who has even had the opportunity in this area to play 23 playoff games in that span? According to you this information should be extremely simple to find. It’s not Crosby’s fault the district was weak because we had teams like Barbers Hill and Lee in it. You want to throw out a first round playoff loss last year, yet you don’t point out that’s was only Crosby’s 2nd first round loss in the last decade. Again, find me a Houston team that’s 8-2 in the bi-district round over that period besides Manvel? Don’t be the guy that gets caught up in the myopia. 

I know you don’t pay near the attention I do to this stuff but I’lI let you in a on little secret. Other than Manvel, Houston hasn’t had a consistent 5A heavyweight since La Marque dropped classes. Crosby, Dayton, La Marque, Manvel, Dawson and George Ranch are the only 5A teams to even win a regional 3 title in the last decade. Foster has won the last two titles cleaning out region 4. Houston has mediocre 5A football compared to Central Texas and the DFW/East Texas area so Crosby gets the nod by just being above average for a long time. Unlike you, I have numbers to back up my facts. I don’t just factualize my opinion like you did in your previous post. Throw something else out, I’ll wait . . . 

3 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

I thought Crosby was the MECCA of Texas High School Football??  .7 Playoff wins!!!!  LMAO!!! That’s good stuff!!

32 minutes ago, Realville said:

I thought Crosby was the MECCA of Texas High School Football??  .7 Playoff wins!!!!  LMAO!!! That’s good stuff!!

Listen, I wasn’t the valedictorian of my class and if you had more than two people in yours I’m sure you weren’t either. Crosby has 12 playoff wins in the last 10 years. Simple math tells you that equates to 1.2 playoff wins per season. That’s over quintuple what Vidor averages but that’s neither here nor there.  

First, I posted the wrong totals in my original post. My bad on that one, I used an 11 year period instead of 10. Secondly, for him to say we only averaged .7 playoff wins a season over a ten year period means he had to make the assumption that we went 10-0 every season which is idiotic. I realize that’s like quantum physics deep, but it’s a prime example of how things get blown out of proportion on this board when you can just take a couple minutes before you post and see that it isn’t correct. 

26 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Listen, I wasn’t the valedictorian of my class and if you had more than two people in yours I’m sure you weren’t either. Crosby has 12 playoff wins in the last 10 years. Simple math tells you that equates to 1.2 playoff wins per season. That’s over quintuple what Vidor averages but that’s neither here nor there.  

First, I posted the wrong totals in my original post. My bad on that one, I used an 11 year period instead of 10. Secondly, for him to say we only averaged .7 playoff wins a season over a ten year period means he had to make the assumption that we went 10-0 every season which is idiotic. I realize that’s like quantum physics deep, but it’s a prime example of how things get blown out of proportion on this board when you can just take a couple minutes before you post and see that it isn’t correct. 

Why so serious Mecca? Just curious how many times has The Mecca of Football won a State Championship? 

I really like Crosby’s chances in the actual game. I think it’s pretty straight forward for the Cougars. Manvel is anchored by an SEC commit on the o-line and a Big XII commit on the d-line. Can Crosby minimize Johnson and Owens gashing them in the run game, and can Crosby keep the chains moving enough in the run game to maximize the big play opportunities that will be few and far between? 

Crosby has to play clean on both sides of the ball but I think the defense will surprise some people in this one. The Manvel team we played a couple of years ago had more talent than this current one and I’m almost certain this version of Crosby is better than the ‘16 squad, Mavericks won that one by 14 at home. This year’s game is in Crosby with the Cougars having an opportunity to silence a lot of doubters. Hopefully this is the first of two matchups. 

Unless Crosby has found a defense, I feel you have to go with Manvel. No doubt they can score, but you have to make stops too. I think manvel makes more stops. 

Dont know what score to see but i do see both teams putting up a good amount of points.

Edited by ROSCHONSBIGBRO

Ohhhhhhh, Cougar14.2, I have the response for you. I don't know you're ready for it or not, but I'll go ahead and give it to you. My info comes straight from the Texas UIL website. I took all Houston area schools in 5A playoffs during your so called "Dynasty" years as being one of a few greatest 5A Houston area teams. The problem is that the UIL shows different and shows Crosby to be a one hit wonder during that 10 year span. The teams were listed as either Regional Finalist or Quarter Finalist in 5A during that span, a couple years we were considered 4A. Like I said historically, Crosby could win 1,000 regular season games, but come playoff time, ya'll for one playoff win and done. Don't @ me...LOL   I'll wait for your response...……………..Oh, I dropped the mic too.....

2017 Manvel D1

FB Marshall D2        Crosby lost 1st rd

2016 Manvel D1

Foster D2    Crosby lost 2nd rd

2015 George Ranch D1

Ridge Point D2

Angleton D2      Crosby lost 2nd rd

2014 George Ranch D1

Crosby D2      Crosby lost 5th rd

2013 Dawson D1

Stratford D1

George Ranch D2    Crosby out 2nd rd

2012  Ft. Bend Marshall D2   Crosby out 2nd rd

2011  Angleton D

Dawson D1

Manvel D2

LaMarque D2         Crosby lost 1st rd

2010  Montgomery D1

Friendswood D1

LaMarque D2

Manvel D2            Crosby lost 2nd rd

30 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Ohhhhhhh, Cougar14.2, I have the response for you. I don't know you're ready for it or not, but I'll go ahead and give it to you. My info comes straight from the Texas UIL website. I took all Houston area schools in 5A playoffs during your so called "Dynasty" years as being one of a few greatest 5A Houston area teams. The problem is that the UIL shows different and shows Crosby to be a one hit wonder during that 10 year span. The teams were listed as either Regional Finalist or Quarter Finalist in 5A during that span, a couple years we were considered 4A. Like I said historically, Crosby could win 1,000 regular season games, but come playoff time, ya'll for one playoff win and done. Don't @ me...LOL   I'll wait for your response...……………..Oh, I dropped the mic too.....

2017 Manvel D1

FB Marshall D2        Crosby lost 1st rd

2016 Manvel D1

Foster D2    Crosby lost 2nd rd

2015 George Ranch D1

Ridge Point D2

Angleton D2      Crosby lost 2nd rd

2014 George Ranch D1

Crosby D2      Crosby lost 5th rd

2013 Dawson D1

Stratford D1

George Ranch D2    Crosby out 2nd rd

2012  Ft. Bend Marshall D2   Crosby out 2nd rd

2011  Angleton D

Dawson D1

Manvel D2

LaMarque D2         Crosby lost 1st rd

2010  Montgomery D1

Friendswood D1

LaMarque D2

Manvel D2            Crosby lost 2nd rd

Looks like a lot of premature evacuations from the playoffs! Lol!!!

28 minutes ago, Realville said:

Looks like a lot of premature evacuations from the playoffs! Lol!!!

51 minutes ago, WHO DAT???? said:

Not sure why it's showing this way, but the excuses use to because all of the teams had alot more enrollment then Crosby. We've heard it all over the years. The next thing will be how bad Barbers Hill is right now and how they dominate us in football. We do have 3 times as many state titles! Lol

Tradenup

Sorry Whodat, not sure why it's showing under your name.

I may be wrong, but 14 posted a link that some ranking website did.  I do think there is an argument to be made that Crosby is one of the more consistent playoff teams in the last ten years.  Somebody else put that information out there, though.  It wasn't a Crosby fan or anyone that had anything to do with the program. 

CCRed, I'm not trying to dog on Crosby, go back to the original post where Cougar14.2 put Manvel and Crosby have been two of the top 5A teams in Houston for the last decade. I simply said that's not true and he responded that someone else said that on another site. He never put anything in quotations, so trying to play it off now . He mad because I gave him facts and he went to his typical downing other programs. He's been doing it for years on here. I don't mind debating, but he still hasn't shown evidence of his original post except some website that had several dozen teams on there. Nowhere have I seen where someone mentioned Crosby and Manvel in the same sentence as being the top teams in the last decade. Manvel yes, Crosby no.

18 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I’m reporting information someone else has compiled since the research I used to take my time and do on here for people was deemed useless: 

This is the hidden content, please

No matter how you feel about Crosby, the numbers are what they are. Y’all just keep paying that $350k a year to the Westeberg family to miss the playoffs. Don’t be surprised if BH receives a generational arse whipping from Crosby this year. 

6 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

CCRed, I'm not trying to dog on Crosby, go back to the original post where Cougar14.2 put Manvel and Crosby have been two of the top 5A teams in Houston for the last decade. I simply said that's not true and he responded that someone else said that on another site. He never put anything in quotations, so trying to play it off now . He mad because I gave him facts and he went to his typical downing other programs. He's been doing it for years on here. I don't mind debating, but he still hasn't shown evidence of his original post except some website that had several dozen teams on there. Nowhere have I seen where someone mentioned Crosby and Manvel in the same sentence as being the top teams in the last decade. Manvel yes, Crosby no.

Here is the post where he attached the link.