MANVEL vs CROSBY

Cougar14.2

Howard is actually a qb that prefers passing over running. That should be a good thing for these wide outs but the only one who attempts to get open when he has to scramble is 13. The rest just don’t have the juice to get open in man coverage. 10 will eat u alive if they play zone tho he’s always open. The offense has to be balanced to beat hoka hey. 

P n g love awesome !  I really enjoyed last year s playoff game, at Sterling where in 98 my defense held p n g to less than 170, but we still lost. That year was my best defense ever and we were 1-9. We were 1-4 and still in top 5 in Houston in total d. Amazing group of young men who got screwed by male ego on coaching staff.  

Crosby by 7-10. If I am wrong I am human

On 9/5/2018 at 1:21 PM, coach bear said:

RBs got better as game wore on,but Crosby going back to the 4-2-5 with a guy that can call it is a big difference. 

We didn't play a 4-2-5 against New Caney we played a 4-3 defense. 

High centerfield safety with a strong side safety droping closer to the LOS. 

Now what this coach has up is sleeves going forward I have no clue but a really solid first game out for that defense. 

The single thing that's going to tell if Crosby can play/beat Manvel is if that O-line can create creases. 

If we can give Jaiden time to throw and give the Runningbacks some space to work with we can beat Manvel. 

However, given what Manvel has on that defensive line that's gonna be a tough task. 

Kids believe they can win and if they do so do I 28-17 Crosby. 

5 minutes ago, coach bear said:

If there was a 3rd Lber it was a stacked force player playing willie responsibility if you wanna call that 4-3 tomato vs tomatoe    Offensive line comment true, early trouble with new Caney but new Caney may be REALLY good.

So The first drive they were in a true 4-3 

The adjustment was to take an outside-backer and placed him on the inside most receiver. 

We had  2 CB's and a stacked down safety and a split outside linebacker. 

I guess it doesn't really matter from a topic point of view but personnel wise we were 4-3. 

Many coaches get caught up in words, the most important word is SCOREBOARD! Again love the talk, football is great in Texas and I get to cover Aggie tailgate pregame game and postgame. If only coach what’s his name quarterback guru bill o brien leaves deshaun alone and the defense plays like Romeo Cornell wants, could have an upset in chowder land.

On 9/5/2018 at 6:09 PM, songone said:

LOL! Thats a whole bunch of typing. I'm very glad you are being rational. With your years of experience I'm pretty sure you have been wrong once or twice. LOL!

TBH Crosby doesn't look any better than Clear Lake on film. Angleton (scrimmage)punished them physically and NC just didn't have the players to compete. Manvel by 14+. 

Hmmm....

4 minutes ago, Mytwocents3788 said:

Oh come on 14.2. A win like that deserves some gloating. Go ahead y’all have earned it lol.

Just glad we have a bye week before WOS. I think we would be ripe for the picking next Friday after that emotional win. Going to take a couple weeks to get the kids refocused after that one.