MANVEL vs CROSBY

Cougar14.2

On 9/1/2018 at 10:23 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

Manvel is coming off a woodshed beating of Clear Lake and Crosby is coming off a solid win against long time district foe New Caney. Can Crosby get a win in their home opener or is Manvel tired of hearing about how they should be falling off with Shadow Creek opening? 

DCTF has Manvel ranked preseason #2 in 5A-D2 and Crosby ranked #7 in the same poll. Manvel will definitely have the advantage in the trenches but can Crosby make up for it in other areas like qb play? 

Manvel and Crosby have been two of the top 5A teams in the Houston area for the last decade, Manvel is up 1-0 in the all-time series. The scene in Cougar Stadium Friday night should be unreal. 

Here is the original post. Last paragraph. The link just has teams on it. 

3 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Ohhhhhhh, Cougar14.2, I have the response for you. I don't know you're ready for it or not, but I'll go ahead and give it to you. My info comes straight from the Texas UIL website. I took all Houston area schools in 5A playoffs during your so called "Dynasty" years as being one of a few greatest 5A Houston area teams. The problem is that the UIL shows different and shows Crosby to be a one hit wonder during that 10 year span. The teams were listed as either Regional Finalist or Quarter Finalist in 5A during that span, a couple years we were considered 4A. Like I said historically, Crosby could win 1,000 regular season games, but come playoff time, ya'll for one playoff win and done. Don't @ me...LOL   I'll wait for your response...……………..Oh, I dropped the mic too.....

2017 Manvel D1

FB Marshall D2        Crosby lost 1st rd

2016 Manvel D1

Foster D2    Crosby lost 2nd rd

2015 George Ranch D1

Ridge Point D2

Angleton D2      Crosby lost 2nd rd

2014 George Ranch D1

Crosby D2      Crosby lost 5th rd

2013 Dawson D1

Stratford D1

George Ranch D2    Crosby out 2nd rd

2012  Ft. Bend Marshall D2   Crosby out 2nd rd

2011  Angleton D

Dawson D1

Manvel D2

LaMarque D2         Crosby lost 1st rd

2010  Montgomery D1

Friendswood D1

LaMarque D2

Manvel D2            Crosby lost 2nd rd

Forgot two years

2009 Dawson D1     Crosby lost 3rd Rd

Friendswood D1

Dayton D2

2008 Friendswood D1.   Crosby lost 2nd Rd

Dayton D2

5 hours ago, CCbigfan said:

The hate on the Crosby is real lol, way to ruin a good legit thread tradenup. Your teams consistently loose to Crosby and u still want to run your mouth lol. See u in a few weeks. 

Lol, run my mouth with facts. I could careless my man. No hating here, just knowledge. What good thread, by the way y'all consistanly beat us in football only, don't get it twisted when you say "teams". Good luck this week, I'll be rooting for y'all 

1 hour ago, ScubaSteve said:

I don’t know but half of me wants a rain out...

I hope we can stay healthy and just improve on something. We got a good coach, he has some talented players but the test is real Friday night.  

Just kidding about rain out!!!

Harvey stopped last years game. This year I think it is game on. It should be a great game with a nice HS Football environment to match. 

On 9/2/2018 at 1:07 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

I really like Crosby’s chances in the actual game. I think it’s pretty straight forward for the Cougars. Manvel is anchored by an SEC commit on the o-line and a Big XII commit on the d-line. Can Crosby minimize Johnson and Owens gashing them in the run game, and can Crosby keep the chains moving enough in the run game to maximize the big play opportunities that will be few and far between? 

Crosby has to play clean on both sides of the ball but I think the defense will surprise some people in this one. The Manvel team we played a couple of years ago had more talent than this current one and I’m almost certain this version of Crosby is better than the ‘16 squad, Mavericks won that one by 14 at home. This year’s game is in Crosby with the Cougars having an opportunity to silence a lot of doubters. Hopefully this is the first of two matchups. 

That’s why you play the game Crosby should always have a chance as long as Coach R is there he is a good coach and a even better man

Look I have been a fan oh Texas Highschool football for many years and just do not observe my beloved Indians. Crosby has been a great program for the last decade. Who know a they may be for the next decade they certainly have the talent to be. I believe they could have a chance this week especially if Manvel is rusty. I picked Manvel but would love the see the Red guys beat them especially now that we are district mates.

Wow, I am off social media for a few days and hoped to find banter, instead an all out war. Last year I went to Manvel opening practice for 2 a days and to visit Coach Robinson ( former coach with me at RSS, and the best assistant HS coach in the nation-check how many d-1 receivers manvel has had, quality man. ) what I saw was the most athletic self motivated group since the Yates state finalist of the early 90s. They would have destroyed Crosby last year. Jerry jones brought in a voodoo lady to secure the state championship on their home field. 

BUT they lost over 18 starters, I believe clear lake is extremely overrated. I saw manvel workout several times while putting together ads for their football program (my new job along with covering Crosby among others for the Baytown sun ) manvel is going to be awesome in 2 years (Marshall will win their district this year). The difference will be the surgeon Crosby has at quarterback. New Caney has one of the best secondary I have seen in 33 years of coaching all juniors ( look out for new Caney next year, hear me port Arthur this year) and Howard was super intelligent with passes but especially non passes. RBs got better as game wore on,but Crosby going back to the 4-2-5 with a guy that can call it is a big difference. 

Crosby by 9, I know Hosa hey and maverick traditions but I am being as rational as possible. I want a great game for a great Sun report. Then I am off to Aggie land for 24 hours straight to videography and write on this topic, “Texas A & M, college or CULT.” I’ll be interviewing at espn game day, former Aggie players, fans, corps, Clemson fans, during game , after game and my hope is to get this carried by a couple of major sources. Who knows, not as fun as coaching but less intense. 

KAZIEN

Coach Bear

1 hour ago, coach bear said:

Wow, I am off social media for a few days and hoped to find banter, instead an all out war. Last year I went to Manvel opening practice for 2 a days and to visit Coach Robinson ( former coach with me at RSS, and the best assistant HS coach in the nation-check how many d-1 receivers manvel has had, quality man. ) what I saw was the most athletic self motivated group since the Yates state finalist of the early 90s. They would have destroyed Crosby last year. Jerry jones brought in a voodoo lady to secure the state championship on their home field. 

BUT they lost over 18 starters, I believe clear lake is extremely overrated. I saw manvel workout several times while putting together ads for their football program (my new job along with covering Crosby among others for the Baytown sun ) manvel is going to be awesome in 2 years (Marshall will win their district this year). The difference will be the surgeon Crosby has at quarterback. New Caney has one of the best secondary I have seen in 33 years of coaching all juniors ( look out for new Caney next year, hear me port Arthur this year) and Howard was super intelligent with passes but especially non passes. RBs got better as game wore on,but Crosby going back to the 4-2-5 with a guy that can call it is a big difference. 

Crosby by 9, I know Hosa hey and maverick traditions but I am being as rational as possible. I want a great game for a great Sun report. Then I am off to Aggie land for 24 hours straight to videography and write on this topic, “Texas A & M, college or CULT.” I’ll be interviewing at espn game day, former Aggie players, fans, corps, Clemson fans, during game , after game and my hope is to get this carried by a couple of major sources. Who knows, not as fun as coaching but less intense. 

KAZIEN

Coach Bear

Good luck 

3 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Good luck 

4 hours ago, coach bear said:

KAZIEN

Coach Bear

LOL! Thats a whole bunch of typing. I'm very glad you are being rational. With your years of experience I'm pretty sure you have been wrong once or twice. LOL!

TBH Crosby doesn't look any better than Clear Lake on film. Angleton (scrimmage)punished them physically and NC just didn't have the players to compete. Manvel by 14+. 

With my experience,33 years, I am also sure I have been wrong, LOTS, like the time me and 5 others (Erik Dickerson included) shimmied down 2 stories from our dorm room at TCU during practice for the 1979 THSCA all star game just to meet a couple of horn frog co-Ed’s who never showed up. I fell halfway down on my coccyx, bruised, ego hurt but didn’t miss a single practice. Tough Ukrainian! I am wrong about every day, I am married. I could be wrong about Crosby, I could be wrong about manvel. I am a writer, been that way my whole life, so I let it flow. You don’t know how much I wanted to reply since mid 90s to all these football forums, but didn’t cause I was head coach hunting. I read social media at early morning after prayer and late at night got 1/2 hour. Too busy.   

I may be wrong but I think there is something going on in this Crosby stew and it could be the best since 96? When I was DC here and we almost Beat  defending champion la marque 13-6 in the dome (need a dvd of that if anyone has it). 

Crosby 17. Manvel 14 final answer.

1 hour ago, coach bear said:

With my experience,33 years, I am also sure I have been wrong, LOTS, like the time me and 5 others (Erik Dickerson included) shimmied down 2 stories from our dorm room at TCU during practice for the 1979 THSCA all star game just to meet a couple of horn frog co-Ed’s who never showed up. I fell halfway down on my coccyx, bruised, ego hurt but didn’t miss a single practice. Tough Ukrainian! I am wrong about every day, I am married. I could be wrong about Crosby, I could be wrong about manvel. I am a writer, been that way my whole life, so I let it flow. You don’t know how much I wanted to reply since mid 90s to all these football forums, but didn’t cause I was head coach hunting. I read social media at early morning after prayer and late at night got 1/2 hour. Too busy.   

I may be wrong but I think there is something going on in this Crosby stew and it could be the best since 96? When I was DC here and we almost Beat  defending champion la marque 13-6 in the dome (need a dvd of that if anyone has it). 

Crosby 17. Manvel 14 final answer.

I'm not sure what's going on in Crosby/stewing but they are concealing it from their opponents... at least on film.

14+ Manvel.