MANVEL vs CROSBY

Cougar14.2

Manvel is coming off a woodshed beating of Clear Lake and Crosby is coming off a solid win against long time district foe New Caney. Can Crosby get a win in their home opener or is Manvel tired of hearing about how they should be falling off with Shadow Creek opening? 

DCTF has Manvel ranked preseason #2 in 5A-D2 and Crosby ranked #7 in the same poll. Manvel will definitely have the advantage in the trenches but can Crosby make up for it in other areas like qb play? 

Manvel and Crosby have been two of the top 5A teams in the Houston area for the last decade, Manvel is up 1-0 in the all-time series. The scene in Cougar Stadium Friday night should be unreal. 

18 minutes ago, United We Stand said:

Saw them play on tv Thur. On Kube in houston cable channel and they look great on both side of the ball. They have a complete team and know it, Crosby you guys are good and will have to play well but big edge to Manvel I saw very little errors, should be game of the week and a must see.

If you don’t mind who did Manvel play

2 hours ago, NDNation said:

Crosby will be running for their lives all night.

You say that like we haven't played them before.  Two years ago Crosby played them and I believe the final score was 35-21 (?).  Crosby fumbled a punt snap they recovered in the end zone for a touchdown and another bad punt snap was recovered inside the five by them. It was actually a pretty good game other than those events. 

3 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Crosby hasn't been one of Houston area best teams for a decade. They were the best team in 21-5a though for a while. Come on Cougar. Lol

Don't get upset Traden.  You are always welcome to come watch Crosby's games when regular season is over.  I already saw plenty of BH folks in Crosby at the Splendora scrimmage. 

7 minutes ago, CCRed said:

You say that like we haven't played them before.  Two years ago Crosby played them and I believe the final score was 35-21 (?).  Crosby fumbled a punt snap they recovered in the end zone for a touchdown and another bad punt snap was recovered inside the five by them. It was actually a pretty good game other than those events. 

Unless Crosby's defense has dramatically improved from last year, and Manvels team has had a dramtic backslide from last year.....Hoka Hey.

I would love to see y'all slay the beast. I root for everybody in our district until it's time to play them.

2 hours ago, CCRed said:

Don't get upset Traden.  You are always welcome to come watch Crosby's games when regular season is over.  I already saw plenty of BH folks in Crosby at the Splendora scrimmage. 

4 hours ago, CCbigfan said:

60 wins in 5 years is pretty good tho, and the last time we played manvel it wasn’t a blowout two snaps  over the punters head was the difference, don’t be shocked if we pull out the win 

I'm not upset, I do go support y'all in the playoffs. I was at Crosby when y'all played Vidor and in Baytown when y'all played PNG. I just stated that Coug was stretching it when he said y'all were one of two teams that have been the top program in 5a in Houston area for 10 years.

7 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Crosby hasn't been one of Houston area best teams for a decade. They were the best team in 21-5a though for a while. Come on Cougar. Lol

I’m reporting information someone else has compiled since the research I used to take my time and do on here for people was deemed useless: 

This is the hidden content, please

No matter how you feel about Crosby, the numbers are what they are. Y’all just keep paying that $350k a year to the Westeberg family to miss the playoffs. Don’t be surprised if BH receives a generational arse whipping from Crosby this year. 

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

I'm not upset, I do go support y'all in the playoffs. I was at Crosby when y'all played Vidor and in Baytown when y'all played PNG. I just stated that Coug was stretching it when he said y'all were one of two teams that have been the top program in 5a in Houston area for 10 years.

I assume you’re a smart guy. It’s a real simple exercise. Go back a decade 07-17 in the Houston area and find a team that has 95 regular season wins plus 12 playoff wins. Crosby averaged 10.7 wins per season during that period. There’s nothing to stretch, I’ve just been gone so there’s an information void.