********Silsbee @ Newton********

GATA!

Newton definitely is the favorite in this one. We did a pretty good job friday night containing RJs running but still gave up over 200 yds rushing from the stats i saw.  Not sure how good Newtons passing game is but i know they can run the ball.  Our offense is too one dimensional.  Newton will have plenty of speed to offset ours,  so those big play scores like the 2 we had friday night will be even tougher to get.  One thing to our benefit is that at least by numbers the depth issue shouldnt be a big factor like it was this past friday.  Hopefully we can make some adjustments and make a better showing this friday.

Newton threw for 2000 yds last year and when you consider we averaged over 50 pts a game, passing wasn't really needed after the first half in most games.  I would say say Foster is one of the best 2 or 3 passing qb's Newton has ever had.  We lost a good wr in Williams but we've got a couple new guys that really looked good after catching the ball jast week and we are real strong at tight end.  All this is without mentioning T Brown.  I believe this will be the best passing team we've ever had.  But I've been wrong many times.

Newton is the real deal I seen first hand Friday night. The most complete team I have ever seen them have. Silsbee is no slouch and it is great they agreed to play Newton. Newton will see much more resistance this game against a tough silsbee team but now enough to be knocked off. I’m picking....

Newton-35

Silsbee-14