********Silsbee @ Newton********

GATA!

1 hour ago, dj said:

I  agree. But it reaches that total late .Ik Newton is gud.but I truly believe they can be slowed down by bigger classification teams.looking at most of there game on huddle from lastnite.kirbyville is horrible !!

Newton will make alot look horrible this year.  This week Silsbee will look horrible.  No way Silsbee puts up 20 on Newton.

Silsbee had one big play on the first drive that was a td, and another huge run for a touchdown against png. Those were their only scores. I don’t see those big plays happening against newton defense which means Silsbee will have to figure out a way to sustain drives and move the ball.

I don’t know how much newton will pass the ball, but they will have a lot of success if they do.

11 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Silsbee had one big play on the first drive that was a td, and another huge run for a touchdown against png. Those were their only scores. I don’t see those big plays happening against newton defense which means Silsbee will have to figure out a way to sustain drives and move the ball.

I don’t know how much newton will pass the ball, but they will have a lot of success if they do.

Seems like the norm for Newton to to start the season running heavy with limited passing.  I don't expect them to pass much, especially if Silsbee can't prove they can consistently stop the run.  On a side note, I don't think anyone will consistently stop their running game, for whatever that's worth...

14 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

And Silsbee did have a sustained drive last drive of the first half and was poised to punch it in, until the football gremlins appeared.  Lol

4 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Seems like the norm for Newton to to start the season running heavy with limited passing.  I don't expect them to pass much, especially if Silsbee can't prove they can consistently stop the run.  On a side note, I don't think anyone will consistently stop their running game, for whatever that's worth...

Nobody will. And I’ve been lookin forward to the Newton vs wos game for months, now I don’t even think that game is gonna be close. Newton is on another level. Reminds me of the wos team from two years ago.

4 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

And Silsbee did have a sustained drive last drive of the first half and was poised to punch it in, until the football gremlins appeared.  Lol

Lol so one sustained drive.

What surprised me the most is when they were clearly going to lose the game in the second half but they still didn’t pass the ball... that was the perfect time to get some reps in in the passing game.

7 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Nobody will. And I’ve been lookin forward to the Newton vs wos game for months, now I don’t even think that game is gonna be close. Newton is on another level. Reminds me of the wos team from two years ago.

Exactly.  And I hold firm on what I've said before.  Even last year's Newton team would've beat last year's WO-S team..

7 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Lol so one sustained drive.

What surprised me the most is when they were clearly going to lose the game in the second half but they still didn’t pass the ball... that was the perfect time to get some reps in in the passing game.

My exact thoughts.  Me and guys were echoing this the whole second half...  I mean, the starting qb just made one mistake in the game, but you have to expect that from inexperienced qb's.  Give him reps early and he'll continue to get better....

10 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

My exact thoughts.  Me and guys were echoing this the whole second half...  I mean, the starting qb just made one mistake in the game, but you have to expect that from inexperienced qb's.  Give him reps early and he'll continue to get better....

What mistake did the starting QB make?