Beaumont United Timberwolves @ Nederland Bulldogs

Alpha Wolf

4 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

Nederland by a couple scores 

Don't read too much into St. Pius putting 55 on us.  I wasn't a believer prior to last night's game about a small pampered private school beating us but they proved me wrong.  They would beat anyone this side of Houston and some in the Houston area.  

22 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Don't read too much into St. Pius putting 55 on us.  I wasn't a believer prior to last night's game about a small pampered private school beating us but they proved me wrong.  They would beat anyone this side of Houston and some in the Houston area.  

Lol you were singing a different tune before that game. 

I might as well get my frustration out right and what I saw last nite was a 'Hot Mess' I don't care if it's a new school thing and and they will learn thru the season it's still football and you played the game since pee wee ball. I saw no leadership from know one, they didn't know play count, they looked lost, nobody knew how to tackle and I can go on, I won't even get to what was being said in the crowd which showed lots finger pointing. I'll stop here and just it will be a very rough year ,  Big Ned by 2• tds

1 hour ago, United We Stand said:

I might as well get my frustration out right and what I saw last nite was a 'Hot Mess' I don't care if it's a new school thing and and they will learn thru the season it's still football and you played the game since pee wee ball. I saw no leadership from know one, they didn't know play count, they looked lost, nobody knew how to tackle and I can go on, I won't even get to what was being said in the crowd which showed lots finger pointing. I'll stop here and just it will be a very rough year ,  Big Ned by 2• tds

Here we go with the complaining already.  Lose one game and fingers are getting pointed.  But anyway I'm going with United by 2 TDs and a field goal.

Even though the weather predicted for next weekend will favor the Bulldogs offense compared to what the Wolves want to do, I have to of course ride with United in this one.  I have to have confidence that Louis and staff will look at game film, be honest with themselves about some of the kids and the positions that they are trying to play them in and the depth chart and make adjustments accordingly.  I've stated from day 1 that this team can be successful IF they play the BEST kid at each position and not base it off of where a particular kid went to school last year...

5 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Even though the weather predicted for next weekend will favor the Bulldogs offense compared to what the Wolves want to do, I have to of course ride with United in this one.  I have to have confidence that Louis and staff will look at game film, be honest with themselves about some of the kids and the positions that they are trying to play them in and the depth chart and make adjustments accordingly.  I've stated from day 1 that this team can be successful IF they play the BEST kid at each position and not base it off of where a particular kid went to school last year...

This is the worse news that I ever wanted to hear...  That there is already favoritism and that kids are being slighted because of the colors they wore last year.  Just play the best kids for the position and be done with it.  Get you're personal feeling and pride out of it...

10 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Do you really believe that?

56 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

This is the worse news that I ever wanted to hear...  That there is already favoritism and that kids are being slighted because of the colors they wore last year.  Just play the best kids for the position and be done with it.  Get you're personal feeling and pride out of it...

That's how it was when pa memorial was put together then they figured it out. It's a difference between athletes and football players United has to realize that,  the sooner the better 

3 hours ago, outanup said:

Do you really believe that?

At this point, I have to that they will get it right.  St. Pius was not scheduled by Louis and they are a tough opponent for most teams.  If nothing else, this game exposed some things in week one that need to be fixed instead of playing a cupcake and having a false confidence going into week 2 and 3.

18 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

At this point, I have to that they will get it right.  St. Pius was not scheduled by Louis and they are a tough opponent for most teams.  If nothing else, this game exposed some things in week one that need to be fixed instead of playing a cupcake and having a false confidence going into week 2 and 3.

I believe you should play the best. no matter how bad you truly are. 

7 hours ago, workbootz said:

Here we go with the complaining already.  Lose one game and fingers are getting pointed.  But anyway I'm going with United by 2 TDs and a field goal.

He was only stating what he saw. They missed lots of tackles. No one stood out as the leader. All the kids seemed complacent with it. The coaches seemed complacent with it.

regardless the other team, the kids weren't playing with urgency. I'll say it again, this looked like Ozen minus the blue. I'm used to our kids gain tackling, running QBs down and finishing them off, it was bad last night. I hope we get it together before district starts.