Kirbyville @ Lumberton

RaiderGirl2010

I look forward to seeing what Lumberton has this year(missed last week) but like what I am hearing  regarding that game.  I am ready to see what Coach Jones is doing to rebuild the program at Kville.  Having played for the man in the early-mid 90's during his first coaching job there I know just the coach they got and they will be competitive and will not quit.  It's not in his DNA to allow it.  I'm going with Lumberton in this one but won't put out a score prediction.  Lumberton can't take them lightly being a smaller school and must take care of the ball.  Kville will have to play a near perfect game to win though.  I am hoping on a rooting aspect that it's a good game for both as they both have something to prove after week 1 losses.

I saw some progress tonight but not enough to be optimistic about district. Our defense looked pretty good, they just got wore down. As far as moving the ball, both of our scores were on big plays (and one of them was by the defense). We've got to work on being able to grind out some scores or else district games won't be much different. Keep working on it Cats. I still believe in you. Congratulations Lumberton on the win. 

On 9/1/2018 at 0:59 PM, tvc184 said:

I absolutely don’t care who wins and don’t have any idea how this one turns out. 

With these wildly different predictions, I will pay special attention to this game. 

Is Newton really that good? 

Is Kirbyville really that bad?

Is Lumberton not as good as thought?

and so on......

This week may answer some questions. 

And the answer was......

7 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

And the answer was......

I think the answer was...

newton is really that good

kirbyville is that bad (no offense)

and I think we’ll be alright. We were down a starting safety, starting running back, starting receiver, and our qb left the game on the first drive after a long run. I was pleased with what i saw despite all of that. And all of those things I mentioned is why I answered the second question the way I did. Kirbyville had a chance to make it a game since we were so littered with injuries, but they couldn’t.

On 9/1/2018 at 8:15 AM, WildcatBacker said:

Kirbyville just played (and lost to) probably one of the best teams Newton has ever assembled....and that's saying a lot. Lumberton just played (and lost to) an avg Jasper team. Anybody in Lumberton thinking this will be an easy game just because Newton throttled us is in for a rude awakening. I pick Kirbyville by one score.

Nice, you were wrong on two things in this post: your prediction, and your assessment of Jasper. They aren’t average, they are actually a good team this year.