Kirbyville @ Lumberton

RaiderGirl2010

Kirbyville just played (and lost to) probably one of the best teams Newton has ever assembled....and that's saying a lot. Lumberton just played (and lost to) an avg Jasper team. Anybody in Lumberton thinking this will be an easy game just because Newton throttled us is in for a rude awakening. I pick Kirbyville by one score.

2 hours ago, WildcatBacker said:

Kirbyville just played (and lost to) probably one of the best teams Newton has ever assembled....and that's saying a lot. Lumberton just played (and lost to) an avg Jasper team. Anybody in Lumberton thinking this will be an easy game just because Newton throttled us is in for a rude awakening. I pick Kirbyville by one score.

I’d say Jasper is above average. Strange thing is only people from Kirbyville think that the team is gonna won this game

31 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

I’d say Jasper is above average. Strange thing is only people from Kirbyville think that the team is gonna won this game

Go back and read the comments^^ again hoss. A Newton fan picked us too. Yall may very well take the win. Who knows? But if you're thinking that you've got us based off of our loss to Newton, then I can assure you you're in for a long night. Newton would take Lumberton to the cleaners just as easily. 

15 minutes ago, WildcatBacker said:

Go back and read the comments^^ again hoss. A Newton fan picked us too. Yall may very well take the win. Who knows? But if you're thinking that you've got us based off of our loss to Newton, then I can assure you you're in for a long night. Newton would take Lumberton to the cleaners just as easily. 

I definitely agree with your last statement 

Lumberton may win but will not be a blow out.  I thought the same as most and Kirbyville would gain nothing by playing Newton but I think I was wrong.  They were blown out and stomped last night but still had spurts of confidence.  I was not totally disappointed in what I saw last night.  I think you'll see a different team this week and get better each week. 

28 minutes ago, rykerx144 said:

Lumberton may win but will not be a blow out.  I thought the same as most and Kirbyville would gain nothing by playing Newton but I think I was wrong.  They were blown out and stomped last night but still had spurts of confidence.  I was not totally disappointed in what I saw last night.  I think you'll see a different team this week and get better each week. 

I'm in agreement.  There is size talent and speed at Kirbyville.  One mistake and they can score..  If Lumberton goes in this game thinking pushover they in trouble.  

I absolutely don’t care who wins and don’t have any idea how this one turns out. 

With these wildly different predictions, I will pay special attention to this game. 

Is Newton really that good? 

Is Kirbyville really that bad?

Is Lumberton not as good as thought?

and so on......

This week may answer some questions. 

1 hour ago, rykerx144 said:

Yes Newton is that good,  

I think Kirbyville will end up better than some predicted but still no better than 3rd or 4th in district.  

Lumberton may be better than Kirbyville but if they look past them and don't show up because of the score this week.  Then they be get surprised. 

No way Kirbyville takes 4th its Buna all the way. Lumberton 42-KVille 14

Let’s face it Wildcat fans we are in a down year and hopefully are on the track of a rebuilding process 3 head coaches and 3 different systems in the last 3 years. Kirbyville will have a rough season but I do think we will get to the light at the end of the tunnel. However will all that being said I’m going with Lumberton in this one and I won’t throw a prediction out there because I’m to big of a Wildcat fan.