Crosby 28 New Caney 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

Kind of what I expected in this one. NC’s qb struggled to be consistently accurate, otherwise this is a completely different game. Crosby busted several coverages early in the game and Childress couldn’t put it on them, that was compounded by some untimely drops by his receivers. 

NC has about a legit a secondary as you’re going to find in the Houston area, where Crosby had an advantage was at the line of scrimmage and qb play. Shout out to the Code Red defense. NC had four drives in the first half that started at the 50 yardline or in Crosby territory and the Cougars held on three, including one that started inside our own 10 yard line. There are some thing to clean up on the back end but I’ll go ahead and say this is at no worse the second best defense Coach Riordan has had during his tenure at Crosby. 

As long as everybody can stay healthy the offense will probably average somewhere between 37ppg and 43ppg, Crosby missed a couple tonight but NC’s defense is also pretty good. All in all a pretty impressive win for Crosby considering the level of athlete NC put on the field. 

Getting ready to write summary for the Sun about the game and a few things I came away with

1) Crosby quarterback is legit and playing in tonight s game it tested his composure because NC has a solid defense, but a superb secondary. I saw left throw two bad balls. That leadership at qb is priceless.

2) Crosby o line is impressive , period. Jaiden had years to throw cause of them hogs up front. The no names rbs ( I say that cause Squirrel stole the show with skill and naming rights. The no names, 23 & 24 are good, but will get MUCH better with team success over the Manvel, West orange and PNGs.

3) new Caney is very young and very good    Could be very very good by playoff time or better yet in 2019.

4) Crosby will be he reason why Crosby goes one round or sniffs at—- Jerry world. Good night 

38 minutes ago, CCRed said:

Not sure those passing stats are right.  Coach Bear had him for around 128 in the first half alone.  

They usually make an adjustment by now but it’s the Chronicle, meaning the stats are probably just off. Crosby’s Maxpreps site will have the correct numbers posted sometime this weekend.