Magnolia 43 Barbers Hill 13/FINAL

WOSgrad

7 hours ago, BH4EVER said:

Really BH Fan. You do know this is the first game.  Two defense starters out. Starting running back out. New QB not on point. How about you give number 4 and 1 some credit. How about giving our backup running backs some love. Brian Davis did well first his first running out here. Just saying.  I have faith in this system, team and coaching staff. 

Ya know this was Magnolia’s first game too? They are picked to place 5th in their district (which is a very tough district). Every game there will be starters out for both teams playing, so please don’t use that as a reason. Magnolia only returned 5 on O and 3 on D, from a 5-5 season last year. They also had to replace a QB and find a RB this year! Point being we did’nt get blown out by a Manvel No reason , no excuses as a team we flat got out played, coached & was just going through the motions on our home field. This district is so tough this year that we have to play better. I do expect there will be lots of adjustments by the coaching staff this week, but we need some leaders to emerge on that field to get the passion going. Let’s Go BH!

6 hours ago, Billontherig said:

Wait a minute the coach from Barbers Hill has state rings. Must not know what hes doing.

I think you hit the nail on the head here. Not just rings. Multiple rings. 

He knows what he is doing. 

Is what he wants to do going to work at BH?

If what he wants to do doesn’t = wins, how long will BH let him continue?  

8 hours ago, BH4EVER said:

Really BH Fan. You do know this is the first game.  Two defense starters out. Starting running back out. New QB not on point. How about you give number 4 and 1 some credit. How about giving our backup running backs some love. Brian Davis did well first his first running out here. Just saying.  I have faith in this system, team and coaching staff. 

9 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

43-13 Magnolia up, BH still playing hard.

Lets go thru these!! 1st game - OK good point.- 2 Defensive starters out- could of had 13 out there on the field with that effort and the results would of been the same.  Starting RB out - Whats new.  New QB not on point - Thats a understatement and he slid to avoid contact in a game that they were losing, enough said.  #4 caught the only TD always full effort.  #1 I need a little help hear as to why we are mentioning him? I must of been watching the cheerleaders thinking that maybe Mathew would be a better LB than what is out there when this happened. Faith in the coaching staff or HC -  HC 1st year - took a talented team to a 1st round loss  2nd year - took a defense that kept him in every game to a no playoff season  3rd year - I have lived here for 15 years and this AFTER 1 game is the worst looking team I have seen. NOW lets go to Tradenup BH - BH still playing hard - Maybe I was at the wrong game because the game I attended this never happened. Just come on here and tell it like it is no sugar coating. THAT SUCKED 

10 minutes ago, Gorilla Bob said:

Lets go thru these!! 1st game - OK good point.- 2 Defensive starters out- could of had 13 out there on the field with that effort and the results would of been the same.  Starting RB out - Whats new.  New QB not on point - Thats a understatement and he slid to avoid contact in a game that they were losing, enough said.  #4 caught the only TD always full effort.  #1 I need a little help hear as to why we are mentioning him? I must of been watching the cheerleaders thinking that maybe Mathew would be a better LB than what is out there when this happened. Faith in the coaching staff or HC -  HC 1st year - took a talented team to a 1st round loss  2nd year - took a defense that kept him in every game to a no playoff season  3rd year - I have lived here for 15 years and this AFTER 1 game is the worst looking team I have seen. NOW lets go to Tradenup BH - BH still playing hard - Maybe I was at the wrong game because the game I attended this never happened. Just come on here and tell it like it is no sugar coating. THAT SUCKED 

Since you calling me out, what I meant was back up QB came in and marched them down the field and scored. Grant it, it was against #2 D at that point. Do you want me to rephrase it as our back ups continued to fight. #9 RB ran hard all night. Our Lines lost the battle in the trenches and LB's we're destroyed every play. We need better QB play and players not giving up on plays. Also, we need to find another kicker because our starter has a knee injury now. Does that work for yo

5 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Since you calling me out, what I meant was back up QB came in and marched them down the field and scored. Grant it, it was against #2 D at that point. Do you want me to rephrase it as our back ups continued to fight. #9 RB ran hard all night. Our Lines lost the battle in the trenches and LB's we're destroyed every play. We need better QB play and players not giving up on plays. Also, we need to find another kicker because our starter has a knee injury now. Does that work for yo

YES

10 hours ago, BH4EVER said:

Lol 

One or two years ago, when Crosby played at BH, BH had no running back.  I think one was hurt and the others were benched for team rules or academics.  I'm not sure.  But basically no RB.  

They had "0" handoffs that game.  Just QB runs and short passes.  Then burn Crosby defense over the top once in a while.  That was a Coach making the best of the talent he had available.  

I have only seen some clips from last nights game, so I am not sure.  Did you see coaches putting kids in the best position possible to be successful?  

My kids have been playing against BH for years.  A great group of kids and parents.  They deserve better.  

Ultimate answer to your question is they probably are not being utilized properly.  Westerburg has his work cut out trying to coach our group of kids compared to his previous employer with 1 million kids to pick from.  We have LOTS of issues to work our over the next few weeks.  Hopefully the QB is a little more accurate then he was Friday night.  We probably could of have 3 or 4 go both ways and not have any issues.  Especially Dalton Holland and Ethan Hagler.  They could be instant impact defensive players.  Time will tell I guess but for now GO BIG BLUE!

On 9/1/2018 at 9:51 PM, BHFAN said:

Left the game couldn’t stand to watch anymore. This could be the worst team I have seen at BH in a long time. The new QB did not do well, he was ok on the quick routes but any go route was over thrown 5 yards. I saw no passion or leaders on the field tonight. I know i’m Probably being  over critical , but we got a long way to go if we are going to compete in this district!

Some real fans in BH...walking away from your kids when they needed your support the most.  Really...you left the stadium?  Wow.

15 hours ago, Curelover32 said:

Some real fans in BH...walking away from your kids when they needed your support the most.  Really...you left the stadium?  Wow.

Yup, I can support a team, but cannot watch when they don’t play like one. What I saw Friday was more than a coaching issue. I saw players running scared, receivers giving up on routes, QB sliding & hand tackling. I agree with 4 ever we have to play both ways and Holland will have to return to QB. Holland has lead this team for a long time and the kids trust and respect him. It’s tough to bring a new QB in and expect him to lead. Montgomery is the final game to get the kinks out then the real games start! I expect the coaches and players will respond and we get on track. 

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

Yup, I can support a team, but cannot watch when they don’t play like one. What I saw Friday was more than a coaching issue. I saw players running scared, receivers giving up on routes, QB sliding & hand tackling. I agree with 4 ever we have to play both ways and Holland will have to return to QB. Holland has lead this team for a long time and the kids trust and respect him. It’s tough to bring a new QB in and expect him to lead. Montgomery is the final game to get the kinks out then the real games start! I expect the coaches and players will respond and we get on track. 

Kingwood Park is last pre-district game. We're in a new district with 3 non district games. We'll bounce back. I actually think Magnolia is pretty good and may make some noise this year.

7 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

Kingwood Park is last pre-district game. We're in a new district with 3 non district games. We'll bounce back. I actually think Magnolia is pretty good and may make some noise this year.

Great! Glad we have 2 more. Magnolia is not a bad team, but it will be tough for them in their  district.

The Hill started the game flat and from that point, it was a snowball effect. I’ve reviewed the game now four times and the one thing that stands out more than anything, Magnolia's front was in charge of the entire game. When they ran the ball up the middle, it looked like Moses parting the red sea! Magnolia's QB I think I seen him eating a sandwich before he throw the ball down the field. The Hill could not move Magnolia's D and Magnolias rush was felt throughout the game. Magnolia controlled the trenches! 

1 hour ago, BUDMAN said:

The Hill started the game flat and from that point, it was a snowball effect. I’ve reviewed the game now four times and the one thing that stands out more than anything, Magnolia's front was in charge of the entire game. When they ran the ball up the middle, it looked like Moses parting the red sea! Magnolia's QB I think I seen him eating a sandwich before he throw the ball down the field. The Hill could not move Magnolia's D and Magnolias rush was felt throughout the game. Magnolia controlled the trenches! 

Agree 100%, curious to know the size of those kids. They were huge. It all starts in the trenches.  The O line was driven our D line into the LB's, so they just attacked the middle. Offense, they gave us pressure, but either we didn't run good routes or QB was inaccurate. Either way, that's why I don't like Spring ball. This group needed two scrimmages. The one scrimmage we had, our 1st Offense only had two series. Two more weeks and they should be fine though.

On 9/1/2018 at 8:45 AM, TradenupBH said:

Our Lines lost the battle in the trenches and LB's we're destroyed every play.

This is going to be the thing BH must fix immediately. 

Nederland, Crosby, PNG, Vidor are going to hit your front 7 in the mouth if they don't figure out how to play tough hard-nosed football your gonna be in for a long season.

1 hour ago, Cougtalk said:

This is going to be the thing BH must fix immediately. 

Nederland, Crosby, PNG, Vidor are going to hit your front 7 in the mouth if they don't figure out how to play tough hard-nosed football your gonna be in for a long season.

Oh I agree and that has me worried. Our D coordinator is really good, so hopefully he can get it worked out.

Question is, who is BH going to target next after Westerberg walks away during the offseason? BH has positioned themselves to be a place where coaches go to get their TRS up and then ride off into the sunset. They'd be better served hiring some young, up and coming guys who are hungry, rather than pay what they pay for guys who are at the end of their time.

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

Question is, who is BH going to target next after Westerberg walks away during the offseason? BH has positioned themselves to be a place where coaches go to get their TRS up and then ride off into the sunset. They'd be better served hiring some young, up and coming guys who are hungry, rather than pay what they pay for guys who are at the end of their time.

Rome wasn't built in a day - What you see on the surface is the tip of the iceberg behind the scenes he is busy instilling his program and philosophy from grade 1 through 12- with the ongoing influx of increasing enrollment the future is going to be bright. ( money is never an  issue on the Hill )

Isn't this the year BH should win district...and start making a legitimate run?  I wish I could find some old conversations after they hired TW.  Like I said all along..can't win a horse race with a donkey.  Don't care how good the trainer is.  Also..maybe it's not the coach.

I know it's only first game but just throwing that out in advance.

57 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Isn't this the year BH should win district...and start making a legitimate run?  I wish I could find some old conversations after they hired TW.  Like I said all along..can't win a horse race with a donkey.  Don't care how good the trainer is.  Also..maybe it's not the coach.

I know it's only first game but just throwing that out in advance.

Exactly, maybe it’s the talent. Or the culture of the town. Kinda hard to blame the coach whenever he’s one of the best in the state, but God forbid we actually blame the kids!

Youve got to be good to win State.  That said, it’s easier to be “good” at a school as big as Allen.  Being successful at (the U. Of) Allen, doesn’t equate to being as good at a 5A-2 school.  Also, unless you’re getting quality transfers, sometimes your going to have off years, even in 5A.  I’d give him another year or two before having the shop class build a guillotine.  And that’s just my opinion.