Diboll 42 Bridge City 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

Boy.... that was brutal.  Diboll has some good kids, but we played some really, REALLY bad football. 

Diboll’s lines absolutely destroyed us in the trenches. The only times we moved the ball were when we threw the it. That’s not a good look for a team that relies almost totally on the run game. Our only score was set up by a long pass play that put us deep in the red zone. 

Our qb Skinner was a bright spot.  Maybe the only bright spot. Well, unless you consider “opportunities to improve” all over the field a bright spot. We honestly looked like a team trying to implement a new offensive system. It was bad. 

Diboll has size. No offense, but I think we made them look a lot better than they are. Not trying to knock them, just being honest. They beat the crap out of us. 

An interesting note... Splendora edged out Sterling. Otherwise every team in our district got smashed by a smaller school this week. This is possibly the worst district in 4A D1. Lumberton (Jasper), LCM (Woodville), Huffman (Liberty), Livingston (Shepherd), and BC took big losses in games that should have been locks based on size alone. Sad times. 

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Boy.... that was brutal.  Diboll has some good kids, but we played some really, REALLY bad football. 

Diboll’s lines absolutely destroyed us in the trenches. The only times we moved the ball were when we threw the it. That’s not a good look for a team that relies almost totally on the run game. Our only score was set up by a long pass play that put us deep in the red zone. 

Our qb Skinner was a bright spot.  Maybe the only bright spot. Well, unless you consider “opportunities to improve” all over the field a bright spot. We honestly looked like a team trying to implement a new offensive system. It was bad. 

Diboll has size. No offense, but I think we made them look a lot better than they are. Not trying to knock them, just being honest. They beat the crap out of us. 

An interesting note... Splendora edged out Sterling. Otherwise every team in our district got smashed by a smaller school this week. This is possibly the worst district in 4A D1. Lumberton (Jasper), LCM (Woodville), Huffman (Liberty), Livingston (Shepherd), and BC took big losses in games that should have been locks based on size alone. Sad times. 

Gotta watch out for the small towns you can’t find on google earth 

I agree that Diboll had their way in the trenches. The physicality from last season remain with room for improvement still though.  What might’ve been missed by some of the Cardinal fans was that Dibolls best player went out with an injury very early in the game, maybe Dibolls 2nd possession.  He is such an impact player and hated to see him go out.  Hope it’s nothing serious.  I saw him go back in for one more play where he ran the ball to convert on 3rd down, but you could tell he was in pain.  Thinking he should sit out next game to get as healthy as possible.  

Back to the game, BC offense couldn’t get much going, and I think it had lot to do with Dibolls D line controlling the line of scrimmage.  I get that BC learning with new coach but Diboll really affected that part of the game.

5 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

CB... Everything is going to be okay. LCM is going through growing pains. Woodville would beat a lot of teams and their team is state ranked. I think Liberty and Dibol is a quality team. Now Splendora barely beat a weak Houston Sterling team is not impressive to me. Livingston well its Livingston.