Hughes Springs 16, Hamshire-Fannett 13/FINAL

WOSgrad

16 minutes ago, HORNSFAN86 said:

I heard that Hughes Springs was big & fast, that is all I heard or know about this team from East Texas. 

Did any HF fans on SETX Sports make the game that can comment on it?

Hamshire is gonna surprise some folks in district!!  They're physical and run both spread and slot-t.  Their QB is a water bug and once he breaks containment on a pass, he's gone!  Fast and they have size.  I was really impressed when we went to our scrimmage vs. us.  They gave us fits even though our offense was able to score and move the ball on them.  Good luck to the Longhorns and God Speed!

4 hours ago, HORNSFAN86 said:

I heard that Hughes Springs was big & fast, that is all I heard or know about this team from East Texas. 

Did any HF fans on SETX Sports make the game that can comment on it?

They had some speed in the backfield. But comparing them to HF size wise, they didn't over power HF.

My take on the team right now is. Our offensive line is going to have step it up and block. We have a few kids when they get the ball want to go East to West trying to outrun. North and South full steam ahead. Defense did great up to the half, then you could tell they were getting wore out. Some from playing both sides of the ball. Didn't help that the defense was on the field more than the offense at that point. Passing game in the spread looked well. Cant wait to see how they improve in the weeks to come.