Port Arthur Memorial 48 Deer Park 20/FINAL

My takeaways....

Long season for the Deer

#2 for DP is nice but not enough

PA was so dominant despite the penalties, this was playing like a scrimmage in the 2nd half

Mr.  McMillian........ tsk tsk

Defense has depth

Once Morgan and Co.  figure out Labia's better from the pocket, the passing game will be alright

Sloppy and dominant

Special teams needs shoring up by the playoffs

This is the game I had PA loosing.  With Madison and United next, will go into district undefeated......

DaJuan McMillian may be the best defensive player in the State of Texas.  That is not an overstatement.  Explosive at the snap and strong enough to shred two and three OL blocks.  Barring injuries, PAM should have a deep run into December.  You can watch a lot of HS football and you will not find a better defensive player than McMillian.

This one was further apart then the score shows. All in all I think Coach Morgan and his Titans did a good job to tonight just have to cut out the stupid penalties and fix the kickoff coverage. By the time district roll around I think the offense will have it rolling. BTW for anyone that's wondering Summer Creek got rolled tonight 43-7

4 minutes ago, MhsTitans said:

This one was further apart then the score shows. All in all I think Coach Morgan and his Titans did a good job to tonight just have to cut out the stupid penalties and fix the kickoff coverage. By the time district roll around I think the offense will have it rolling. BTW for anyone that's wondering Summer Creek got rolled tonight 43-7

By a first year varsity football team 

Game should/could have been 60+to 3. Toooooo many penalties.  Defense was dominant but had tooo many penalties.  Almost embarrassing with that talent.  Offense comes a little slower than defense, so if this is considered slow, I cant wait to see how they look when they get it together.  Ladia had some awesome throws, I mean awesome throws and some dropped balls, and a few missed passes. Overall really good for a first time starter along with the young running back that runs that hard. (WOW)  He will have an awesome career.  He'll be the next great PA runner.  Looks to be a complete team, just make those adjustments and theyll go far.

Key players:

Def. McMillan - Literally dominated the 1st half (3 sacks) and was benched the 2nd half.  Bonehead penalties.

Off. Ladia - Made some big time throws.  Very impressive for first time starter.  D1 arm talent for sure. 3 TDs to 3 dif wrs/No Ints ( can't argue with that)

Def. May - Played very well.  Their's a reason he has the offers.

Off. Chaney - Hard nosed running, and a tough young back.

Def. Hopkins - Hands down the most talented player on the field.

Off Line - No sacks allowed are always a good thing.

Def. J Washington - Showed why he has a D1 offer. Ball hawk.

WR core - Missed a few point blank passes, but made some difficult catches.  3 different wrs with TD passes.  

Linebackers are tough, they made some big time hits.  Crook and Thomas.

The Titans look like the real deal!!!

9 hours ago, PortArthur33 said:

Key players:

Def. McMillan - Literally dominated the 1st half (3 sacks) and was benched the 2nd half.  Bonehead penalties.

Off. Ladia - Made some big time throws.  Very impressive for first time starter.  D1 arm talent for sure. 3 TDs to 3 dif wrs/No Ints ( can't argue with that)

Def. May - Played very well.  Their's a reason he has the offers.

Off. Chaney - Hard nosed running, and a tough young back.

Def. Hopkins - Hands down the most talented player on the field.

Off Line - No sacks allowed are always a good thing.

Def. J Washington - Showed why he has a D1 offer. Ball hawk.

WR core - Missed a few point blank passes, but made some difficult catches.  3 different wrs with TD passes.  

Linebackers are tough, they made some big time hits.  Crook and Thomas.

The Titans look like the real deal!!!

Yes, you're  exactly right! That  pass that Ladia  completed  between  those two defenders  was  crazy  AMAZING.