Port Arthur Memorial 48 Deer Park 20/FINAL

There's something about this Morgan cat, I've been watching him closely. So far his approval rating is high. He's checking all the boxes. I've personally seen him at little league football games and practices. He encourage the kids to go to church, has the kids doing testing already, etc. So far, so good. I hope his efforts on the field match or surpass his off field contributions. 

i like the fact he is bring something that we haven't seen in awhile, a multiple offense and a true hurry up. he's playing kids that's best at the position, not saying it won't happen, but looks like they have gotten away from that throwing to the side line crap...and most of all.....NO "XBOX" CONTROLLER IN HIS HANDS!!! well so far anyways.

off field, it seems he's carrying on the traditions of the last..."coach", which was one of his strong points, i'll give him that, MINUS CALLING PEOPLE'S ADMIN AND TRYING TO GET THEM FIRED CAUSE OF A BAMBI REFERENCE... oh sorry about that out burst...

9 minutes ago, pakronos said:

i like the fact he is bring something that we haven't seen in awhile, a multiple offense and a true hurry up. he's playing kids that's best at the position, not saying it won't happen, but looks like they have gotten away from that throwing to the side line crap...and most of all.....NO "XBOX" CONTROLLER IN HIS HANDS!!! well so far anyways.

off field, it seems he's carrying on the traditions of the last..."coach", which was one of his strong points, i'll give him that, MINUS CALLING PEOPLE'S ADMIN AND TRYING TO GET THEM FIRED CAUSE OF A BAMBI REFERENCE... oh sorry about that out burst...

Lol...  

1 hour ago, 503Raised said:

Adjustments.  That's what I took from the scrimmage.  Something that wasn't done before.  They're going to be fun to watch.

Morgan has several years of experience at the high school and collegiate levels as both a player and coach.  The Port Arthur, Texas native was an All-American and Academic All-American placekicker in addition to a three-time team captain at Grambling State University from 2001 to 2004.  He helped the Tigers earn two SWAC Championships in 2001 and 2002 and was a three-time All-SWAC selection and a two-time All-American.

Morgan’s name is etched in the SWAC and national recordbooks as he’s the all-time leading scorer amongst SWAC kickers and the career record holder with 50 field goals and single-season field goal leader with 18.  He also led Division I-AA following the 2001 campaign with 18 field goals and finished as the I-AA all-time leader with 197 extra points.  Once his career came to a close following the 2004 season, Morgan served as a student assistant on the Grambling State coaching staff.  With Morgan’s assistance, the Tigers finished the 2005 season with an 11-1 overall record which culminated with a SWAC and Black College National Championships.

This was from the Prairie View Website. As an HBCU grad and someone that works at one, I love that he graduated from and coached at HBCUs. Titans will make big moves going forward.