Port Neches-Groves 48 Silsbee 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, prepballfan said:

Huntsville Hornets Shut out Lufkins starters in a scrimmage last week. They will be a really tough matchup next week.

And I have no doubt Huntsville will field a very fine team that will be a good pre-district test for the Indians.

But Silsbee’s no slouch. They’ve got D1 talent of their own up there. And after taking a quarter to work out a few kinks, PN-G all but obliterated them tonight, on both sides of the ball. If we can do that to Silsbee, the potential’s there for us to beat every team in our classification. I count Manvel in that assessment.

I would've been posting from the game but there was crappy reception for my crew and I at the Rez.

First of all, congrats, Indians.  Great game plan and an even better game from Boy Wonder.  He had a 'perfect' game, meaning he threw accurate completed passes.  The first tackler never brought him down.  He ran around tiger defenders, he jumped over them, he stiff armed some, and he even spent off some.  Even when he was bottled up, he was still able to throw the ball away.  Seems like no lost yardage for him.  Such and awesome talent and a beauty to see him so polished after seeing him 2 years ago week 1.  Late in the game, PN-G just started leaning on Silsbee.  O-ljne decent size, but there is one monster up there and they ran behind him all night long.  Indians will do well in the new district and in the playoffs 

Silsbee actually played good and was competitive early.  The two long TD runs...  The fored fumble.  We didn't score after that, which I felt needed to happen.  Young qb play killed us that drive taking two huuuge mistakes putting us in third and a mile.  Momentum change was after the huge catch by #22.  After that, seconds in the half, we were looking to go into halftime 28-21.  Instead, 35-14 hole.  It all went downhill from there....BTW, the power run game was working, why go into the 'wild tiger'?  Didn't look comfortable and probably shouldn't have been tested against a team like PN-G when we needed to score on damn near EVERY possession.  

We move on, and the schedule won't get any easier.  Newton on the road.  Good thing is they won't be as big as PN-G and the Foster kid is no Boy Wonder, but he can still make plays and Newton has 3 gamers.  Have to be ready and unleash our gamers the WHOLE game, not just for a half.  

PS.....Biaplayer , enjoyed the halftime phone convo.  Couldn't make it over to meet up with you, lots of family members on deck to entertain.  Catch you on a Silsbee bye week or playoff game.

I’m not buying into our defense being the real deal. Early in the game when Silsbee tried passing they had some success with wide open guys. Once they tried that trick play and we took it to the house, Silsbee was done. I’m not real sure why they got away from the pass. When they put #4 at QB we knew he was running the ball. So I’m not real confident that we will stop a good passing team. Once we got use to their speed the defense played well. But it was like Silsbee was just trying to run the ball until it was 3rd and long. We have a lot of improving to do but we should be ok. I’m not real sure if these people who had Silsbee winning was just out of hate for PNG or if they really thought Silsbee was that good. I didn’t think Silsbee had a chance so I’m gonna think that those homers that picked Silsbee was just out of hate for PNG.

44 minutes ago, Eagle91 said:

I’m not buying into our defense being the real deal. Early in the game when Silsbee tried passing they had some success with wide open guys. Once they tried that trick play and we took it to the house, Silsbee was done. I’m not real sure why they got away from the pass. When they put #4 at QB we knew he was running the ball. So I’m not real confident that we will stop a good passing team. Once we got use to their speed the defense played well. But it was like Silsbee was just trying to run the ball until it was 3rd and long. We have a lot of improving to do but we should be ok. I’m not real sure if these people who had Silsbee winning was just out of hate for PNG or if they really thought Silsbee was that good. I didn’t think Silsbee had a chance so I’m gonna think that those homers that picked Silsbee was just out of hate for PNG.

Really no hate for PN-G as you guys would think.  Can't speak for anyone else, I thought they could win and I gave my reasons why already.  

On 9/1/2018 at 8:18 AM, BMTSoulja1 said:

I would've been posting from the game but there was crappy reception for my crew and I at the Rez.

First of all, congrats, Indians.  Great game plan and an even better game from Boy Wonder.  He had a 'perfect' game, meaning he threw accurate completed passes.  The first tackler never brought him down.  He ran around tiger defenders, he jumped over them, he stiff armed some, and he even spent off some.  Even when he was bottled up, he was still able to throw the ball away.  Seems like no lost yardage for him.  Such and awesome talent and a beauty to see him so polished after seeing him 2 years ago week 1.  Late in the game, PN-G just started leaning on Silsbee.  O-ljne decent size, but there is one monster up there and they ran behind him all night long.  Indians will do well in the new district and in the playoffs 

Silsbee actually played good and was competitive early.  The two long TD runs...  The fored fumble.  We didn't score after that, which I felt needed to happen.  Young qb play killed us that drive taking two huuuge mistakes putting us in third and a mile.  Momentum change was after the huge catch by #22.  After that, seconds in the half, we were looking to go into halftime 28-21.  Instead, 35-14 hole.  It all went downhill from there....BTW, the power run game was working, why go into the 'wild tiger'?  Didn't look comfortable and probably shouldn't have been tested against a team like PN-G when we needed to score on damn near EVERY possession.  

We move on, and the schedule won't get any easier.  Newton on the road.  Good thing is they won't be as big as PN-G and the Foster kid is no Boy Wonder, but he can still make plays and Newton has 3 gamers.  Have to be ready and unleash our gamers the WHOLE game, not just for a half.  

PS.....Biaplayer , enjoyed the halftime phone convo.  Couldn't make it over to meet up with you, lots of family members on deck to entertain.  Catch you on a Silsbee bye week or playoff game.

The game was what i thought it would be, was suprised that our coach pulled starters and let Second teamers get some playing time. Thought we PNGs defense got off to a shakey start but settled down and played decent. SILSBEE was just deflated going out into second half for sure. Like i told you earlier Soulja1 Silsbee dodged a bullet last year. WILL be a tough preseason for the Tigers, Newton up this week then Nederland , might start out 0-3 but will be salty come time for District.