Newton 71 Kirbyville 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

On 9/1/2018 at 2:41 PM, Old school eagle said:

Believe me. Coach Johnston took no joy in beating those boys like that. He did everything he could to keep the score down. I don't believe he threw a pass in the second half. The reserves have worked just as hard as the starters and you can't expect them to give less than their best. I hope the Cats can look back on this some day and say this is where the turnaround started. They have some talent. They just need to keep working hard and better days will be ahead. I wish them luck

I understand not trying to humiliate anyone or any team but the players play the game! Me personally I don't think football should be politically correct. Just my opinion!

On 9/1/2018 at 7:43 AM, dBerrySports said:

Unless you know the details of Newton substituting kids in and passing the ball late, it’s probably best not to say this. Very possible backups on the team took a running play and scored late. I’m not gonna tell a kid not to score when he just gets in.

I couldn’t agree more; the scout team running back who works his butt off in practice all week is certainly going to play hard when he gets his chance, and lots of times that results in touchdowns being scored

None of this discussion makes ANY sense to me.  THE LARGER SCHOOL got smoked. Newton is the SMALL school. If you’re the BIGGER school and get SMASHED...get BETTER.  If you’re the SMALLER school and have the opportunity to RUN IT UP....do it.  NEWTON - the SMALLER SCHOOL is not supposed to win vs the larger school, but wait...it’s NEWTON and they have 5-10 D1 players so now they are the BULLY?  Some of you  are what’s making this country pissy. No excuses...GET BETTER OR GO play another Sport. 

1 hour ago, hornetsdad said:

None of this discussion makes ANY sense to me.  THE LARGER SCHOOL got smoked. Newton is the SMALL school. If you’re the BIGGER school and get SMASHED...get BETTER.  If you’re the SMALLER school and have the opportunity to RUN IT UP....do it.  NEWTON - the SMALLER SCHOOL is not supposed to win vs the larger school, but wait...it’s NEWTON and they have 5-10 D1 players so now they are the BULLY?  Some of you  are what’s making this country pissy. No excuses...GET BETTER OR GO play another Sport. 

Nobody has called Newton a bully that I have seen.

We've been beating larger schools in predistrict for over 35 years.  I've had men from those larger schools tell me how much they admired and respected Curtis Barbay because he would have them down 40-0 at half and the final score would be 47-0.  They would tell me he could have put 100 on the board if he wanted to.  They would tell me how lucky I was to have played for a coach like that.  Coach Johnston feels the same way.  These are kids that he's trying to teach life lessons to.  And personally , I think we could use a whole lot more respect for each other instead of trying to embarass an inferior opponent.  Just because there are more kids in the school has nothing to do with how administration and coaches run the football program.  And I believe Kirbyville is a perfect example of that.  I believe they are on the right track now but the last few years haven't been a very good example of how a program should be run.

2 hours ago, Old school eagle said:

We've been beating larger schools in predistrict for over 35 years.  I've had men from those larger schools tell me how much they admired and respected Curtis Barbay because he would have them down 40-0 at half and the final score would be 47-0.  They would tell me he could have put 100 on the board if he wanted to.  They would tell me how lucky I was to have played for a coach like that.  Coach Johnston feels the same way.  These are kids that he's trying to teach life lessons to.  And personally , I think we could use a whole lot more respect for each other instead of trying to embarass an inferior opponent.  Just because there are more kids in the school has nothing to do with how administration and coaches run the football program.  And I believe Kirbyville is a perfect example of that.  I believe they are on the right track now but the last few years haven't been a very good example of how a program should be run.

Newton is the only small school in the state that “can” do that and has done that for 35-40 years.  You are the exception to the rule. And no, they are NOT on the right track. My sister is a teacher there and it’s turmoil still today with how most feel about admin & coaching staff.

2 hours ago, hornetsdad said:

Newton is the only small school in the state that “can” do that and has done that for 35-40 years.  You are the exception to the rule. And no, they are NOT on the right track. My sister is a teacher there and it’s turmoil still today with how most feel about admin & coaching staff.

I don't know who your sister is but she has no clue what's going on obviously.  The only turmoil I hear of are kids, parents and some teachers that have had it their way the past few years.  There is accountability and a hard work ethic being driven now.  The spoilt and lazy kids and parent of these are upset and I'm glad.  These kids need to be driven out.  I was wondering what your intrest and reason was for continuing to bash our program.  You know nothing about what has or is going on here.  Enjoy your preseason wins in Hardin.  

20 minutes ago, rykerx144 said:

I don't know who your sister is but she has no clue what's going on obviously.  The only turmoil I hear of are kids, parents and some teachers that have had it their way the past few years.  There is accountability and a hard work ethic being driven now.  The spoilt and lazy kids and parent of these are upset and I'm glad.  These kids need to be driven out.  I was wondering what your intrest and reason was for continuing to bash our program.  You know nothing about what has or is going on here.  Enjoy your preseason wins in Hardin.  

Cheers to your 2-8 season 

Sounds like someone's sister should worry more about teaching and less about stirring the pot! If I was said sister I'd be worried about my sibling running their mouth about things like children do and potentially shining a bad light on my career. Potentially causing it to come to an end if the wrong person  or right person depending on perspective doing some digging and letting the cat out of the bag. I agree town has been run rampant with politics of the good ol boy system and it looks like those days are coming to an end with current administration and coaching staff. 

7 hours ago, Kville99 said:

Sounds like someone's sister should worry more about teaching and less about stirring the pot! If I was said sister I'd be worried about my sibling running their mouth about things like children do and potentially shining a bad light on my career. Potentially causing it to come to an end if the wrong person  or right person depending on perspective doing some digging and letting the cat out of the bag. I agree town has been run rampant with politics of the good ol boy system and it looks like those days are coming to an end with current administration and coaching staff. 

You done crying yet? Start digging. Hell, I'll give you hints if you want/need them. I know what the consensus is in "Wallis-ville " ....as I said, enjoy your 2-8 season fellers.

Bless your heart, I'm going to break the down for you.

1) I didn't shed a tear when making that statement. Didn't complain once! Offered you advice on being an adult and not a junior high female. Oh well.

2) If you're so ballsy about it, just name names. You can take it up with her later.

3) Glad to know you are officially taking polls up here in "Wallisville", I'm disappointed I didn't get a chance to participate. 

4) Maybe you should worry about those Hornets and get the sour taste of Kirbyvilles jock out of your mouth! 

Good luck to those Hornets!

Sincerely, 

Kville99

Boy, this thread escalated quickly... 

When did Newton become a bully?  I guess my comprehension skills are lacking as well.  

WT is nothing but class.  The state of Texas got to find that out last year during his post game interview from the bench when they wont the title.  He's cut out of the same mold as Curtis was.

With coach Jones now at Kville he spoke of "stability" from the get go and has always been about accountability.  Several of us on this thread know this personally from playing for him in the past.  As I'e said many times he will have this team competitive and winning but will have to go through growing pains this year.  

1 hour ago, purpleeagle said:

This year and next year before things start getting better. Kirbyville's JV was just as bad as their varsity. Hopefully the kids will buy into his program and the people will have patience . No coach is going to change this program over night. Best of luck to you coach Jones.

very true.  And there's zero chance they can hang with hardin's JV - who has won the district as 7th and 8th graders the last two years. 

Lot of interest in kville football this year because a baseball coach was hired as AD head football coach... no doubt kville has good baseball program but Jones runs  Bennett off soon as he’s hired takes over baseball program so football was put on back burner until baseball was over...I’m just saying it will be an interesting football season in kville this year