Nederland 19 West Orange-Stark 18/FINAL

WOSgrad

I watched the game and it appeared to me  WOS lacked on offense. They only 6 points of offense all game.  On the defense side of the ball  Nederland started running the GT  to get to the outside and  I thought that caused problems for WOS defense. WOS defense was the reason why this game was so close by scoring two touch downs hopefully they can work on things this week.

3 hours ago, MustangNation#1 said:

Y'all won by luck West Orange could've won if the field goal kicker didn't mess it and the refs was cheating to we got facemask all night and the refs look right at it and didn't call the score should've been 21 to 19 just saying

Stop crying kid. Games over quit make excuses and move on... no one likes a sore loser. Don’t be the village idiot. 

7 hours ago, MustangNation#1 said:

Y'all won by luck West Orange could've won if the field goal kicker didn't mess it and the refs was cheating to we got facemask all night and the refs look right at it and didn't call the score should've been 21 to 19 just saying

Sure am glad Neds miscues didn't contribute to the score. Just saying.

5 minutes ago, baddog said:

Sure am glad Neds miscues didn't contribute to the score. Just saying.

Yep  

The “what ifs” will get you every time. 

What if WOS hits all PATS?

But what if Nederland’s fill in qb doesn’t throw a pick 6 when it looked like Nederland was about to score on WOS? 

What if a heavy downpour doesn’t contribute almost immediately to a fumble returned for a touchdown within a few seconds of the pick 6? 

What if WOS doesn’t turn the ball over 4 times? 

What if key WOS players were injured?

What if key Nederland players weren’t injured? 

With Nederland mishandling several snaps, what if the Nederland staff doesn’t go for it on 4th down in their own territory when WOS shows no real ability to sustain a drive? 

What if........

9 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

WOS has several issues O-Line, both QB throwing interceptions, un-disciplined, kicking game, lack of concentration throughout the game. Coach has a hard job this year. We will get better I trust and believe. On a positive note I’m still searching…

The INT #9 threw is not on him. It went right through the receivers hands. Our receivers have got to catch the ball!

1 hour ago, tvc184 said:

Yep  

The “what ifs” will get you every time. 

What if WOS hits all PATS?

But what if Nederland’s fill in qb doesn’t throw a pick 6 when it looked like Nederland was about to score on WOS? 

What if a heavy downpour doesn’t contribute almost immediately to a fumble returned for a touchdown within a few seconds of the pick 6? 

What if WOS doesn’t turn the ball over 4 times? 

What if key WOS players were injured?

What if key Nederland players weren’t injured? 

With Nederland mishandling several snaps, what if the Nederland staff doesn’t go for it on 4th down in their own territory when WOS shows no real ability to sustain a drive? 

What if........

57 minutes ago, Gasilla said:

If was a if 5th, then we would all be drunk. Ned won wos lost bottom line you learn alot when you lose that's all ways been true like all the fare weather fans who think they can coach. You would be out if u could but u can't so stick to your job and let the coaching staff do theirs in just speaking on general. 2 watch film and check out all the mistakes and find away yo Correct them a pray it doesn't smash against the wall before they get to finish watching it. Make adjustments and get ready for week two, that's all u can do.

9 hours ago, MustangNation#1 said:

Aww I though wos fans would react better than this. This is disappointing.

Yall are always on the top of the mountain, and so what you got knocked off. Get back up! It isn't like people didn't see this coming, all week people have said this isn't the same wos team.

Because of that adjustments have to be made to tailor to the talent you have, and yall literally have the best coach on the area and maybe state to do that.

No reason to be whining. One L in like 5 years. Just come back with a better plan.

9 hours ago, LC-M said:

I watched the game and it appeared to me  WOS lacked on offense. They only 6 points of offense all game.  On the defense side of the ball  Nederland started running the GT  to get to the outside and  I thought that caused problems for WOS defense. WOS defense was the reason why this game was so close by scoring two touch downs hopefully they can work on things this week.

I totally agree. W.o has to find an offense some how.ik Cooper is a huge factor.but they haven't consist throwing the ball for the last 2yrs.really concerning.defense will get better. But offensively I'm concerned the QB play is so bad.

Blows me away when fans refer to the refs as cheating. These refs are coming from Houston. So I doubt they care who wins or loses. Cracks me up when people go the Reservation and say their gonna also be playing against the refs. I guess when PNG and Nederland play they have some high dollar boosters paying these refs off? Lol. 

7 minutes ago, dj said:

I totally agree. W.o has to find an offense some how.ik Cooper is a huge factor.but they haven't consist throwing the ball for the last 2yrs.really concerning.defense will get better. But offensively I'm concerned the QB play is so bad.

When cooper comes in the game it’s gonna move the chains. Honestly I like to see him insome wildcat formations. There was also some questionable play calls. At one time Nederland had man to man with no safety over the top. They brought the safety down to the line of scrimmage and Wos ran the ball and it got stuffed Nederland Dc watched filmed and did a great job

18 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Aww I though wos fans would react better than this. This is disappointing.

Yall are always on the top of the mountain, and so what you got knocked off. Get back up! It isn't like people didn't see this coming, all week people have said this isn't the same wos team.

Because of that adjustments have to be made to tailor to the talent you have, and yall literally have the best coach on the area and maybe state to do that.

No reason to be whining. One L in like 5 years. Just come back with a better plan.

Don't lump all WO-S fans into that thinking. Nederland has always been a good match up for us. I stated earlier this game would be decided by a small point margin. You can't get smaller than one point. Too many WO-S fans have been spoiled. Some of our followers can't appreciate the process of developing a young team into a district winner and serious playoff contender. No matter how good your program and regardless of past success, any team can find themselves in the position where WO-S is right now. Our development stages are behind the normal timelines because most of these guys are playing varsity for the first time. WO-S's roster is loaded with sophomores and juniors. They need more time to get to where they want to be. I believe this includes that the coaches are still deciding on players and their positions. We're also missing our best player. Fans need to be patient. All in all, WO-S showed progress since the Vidor scrimmage. Nederland won the game and there is no shame in that. Congratulations Bulldogs. See you again next year.   

I agree with a lot of that. Our kids will figure it out.im not concerned with the loss.nederland is well coached.our defense and running game will get better.if u do the research when w.o doesn't have gud QB play.they makes things harder.ik to all y'all it looks as if it's a step down.its not!! We struggled to score last year too.cw wasn't a passer.he gave us what he had.even if y'all watched the game last nite.up 12-0.and got the ball.cant make a play right now throwing.i truly believe if we go with the sophomore by season end we will make a run for it.hopefully getting cooper back soon will help. 

12 hours ago, Eagle91 said:

Blows me away when fans refer to the refs as cheating. These refs are coming from Houston. So I doubt they care who wins or loses. Cracks me up when people go the Reservation and say their gonna also be playing against the refs. I guess when PNG and Nederland play they have some high dollar boosters paying these refs off? Lol. 

It was actually a Beaumont Referee Crew that called the game, not the Houston Chapter that does the local 5A's. I know two of the guys very well including the white hat, talked to them before the game in the dressing room, there was absolutely nothing but honest officiating last night.  

I thought the D played well at times and the O had sparks at times.Kicking game ...well no kicking game.Penelties kIlled almost every drive.As coach T stated they are still looking for players on both sides of the ball.Bottom line is a young team in the building process.Going to have some growing pains but it well get better.

On 9/1/2018 at 0:05 AM, MustangNation#1 said:

So, did Nederland win because they had more 'physical speed' than the 'Stangs?