Jasper at Lumberton

fishcat

Theirs a lot of talk about Silsbee & wos on here but not about Jasper but Silsbee & wos got to go through Jasper if they go very far in the playoffs. Jasper is very young this year made up of mostly juniors & sophomores but talent is there . Think they take their lumps early but going to be a lot better team in playoffs. What yaw think about Jasper & Lumberton.

28 minutes ago, fishcat said:

Theirs a lot of talk about Silsbee & wos on here but not about Jasper but Silsbee & wos got to go through Jasper if they go very far in the playoffs. Jasper is very young this year made up of mostly juniors & sophomores but talent is there . Think they take their lumps early but going to be a lot better team in playoffs. What yaw think about Jasper & Lumberton.

I'm actually hoping Jasper beats WO-S later in the year but as for this game, Lumberton will win this one...

56 minutes ago, fishcat said:

I’m glad we are playing y’all early this year. We have a more experienced group so that should give us an advantage. But I think playing Jasper and Silsbee will get us pretty prepared for district. I’m hoping for a injury free game, and wish the best of luck to Jasper the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, fishcat said:

Evidently, the talk about Silsbee and Jasper won't happen anytime soon because someone who makes the schedule for Jasper is a little 'in their feelings' or scared to put silsbee on the schedule.  *roll eyes* .

If Jasper's O Line can get a push like they did in the Nacogdoches scrimmage and make holes for those running backs,Jasper will pile up some points.  If Jasper will throw the ball downfield some, it will make that job much easier.  They have the QB and receivers to do it.    It's very difficult to block 9 guys in the box every play.  Jasper's defense must stop the big plays downfield. Lumberton will throw the ball around and Jasper must not give up deep passes down the field and tackle well.  And I agree.... Jasper will improve vastly as the season goes on.  They are very talented, but young group of  players.

Jasper 33 - Lumberton 24

9 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I’m fine with that assumption from an outsider. I don’t expect anybody outside of Raider Nation to have high hopes for us until we come out and prove ourselves. It’s their job to go out there and earn some respect, which I’m believing they will do. 

Im not putting Lumberton down by saying there are going to lose. Its just that my Bears have struggled many years against them. We only beat them twice and tied once. They always have talented kids and speed. Yall might have chance against them playing at home and early in the season. I don't think we will beat them a their house this year. 

8 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Did you say Lumberton beats Jasper?

I'm definitely not disagreeing with you, just wondering what you base this opinion on?

I think a lot of people on here think of us as the laughing stock of 22-5A. With the exception of Nederland and PNG, we were actually pretty competitive in most games..... that may be what he is basing his opinion off of. But I’m sure he will give you a more clear answer.

8 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Did you say Lumberton beats Jasper?

I'm definitely not disagreeing with you, just wondering what you base this opinion on?

In my opinion they should.  After playing in 5A the last couple of years against Nederland, Vidor, PN-G, Memorial and Central, the Raiders should go 8-2 or 9-1 in my opinion.  They will have to manage without their top receiver for a few games though.  I will admit that I don't know much about Jasper but figure they are a playoff team too. 

5 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I think a lot of people on here think of us as the laughing stock of 22-5A. With the exception of Nederland and PNG, we were actually pretty competitive in most games..... that may be what he is basing his opinion off of. But I’m sure he will give you a more clear answer.

Yes, the last couple of years you all played Central tough.  Earned my respect.  I hope the new district that you all are going to doesn't look at how you all fared in 5A, they will be sadly mistaken. 

5 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

In my opinion they should.  After playing in 5A the last couple of years against Nederland, Vidor, PN-G, Memorial and Central, the Raiders should go 8-2 or 9-1 in my opinion.  They will have to manage without their top receiver for a few games though.  I will admit that I don't know much about Jasper but figure they are a playoff team too. 

They are going to atleast lose two games and one those teams are going  to be Green and GOLD lol

5 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Actually I think there is a Beard..... too bad his first name isn’t Anthony lol

Well that was last time yall beat us back in 07-08 range. We went to the playoffs year before dropping down to 4a. I really thought we would do better but actually I think we play about the same or little worse. Ill say this though we do have the most kids we have ever had on roster in a long time. We usually play with about 30 now we have 40 on the sidelines

1 hour ago, L-Train11 said:

I’m fine with that assumption from an outsider. I don’t expect anybody outside of Raider Nation to have high hopes for us until we come out and prove ourselves. It’s their job to go out there and earn some respect, which I’m believing they will do. 

Go for it! It would be great for the kids in L-Town if y'all beat Jasper. Just based off what I know each team to possess, I choose Jasper. If y'all win, I'll be the first to congratulate you.