JasperDAWG

Newton Eagles aka purple beast

29 posts in this topic

does anyone know if #8 has returned for Newton or will he return ?  it dont appear anyone will slow the purple train down any time soon.   looking like a gunter rematch in arlington again ?

58 minutes ago, GoFundMe said:

does anyone know if #8 has returned for Newton or will he return ?  it dont appear anyone will slow the purple train down any time soon.   looking like a gunter rematch in arlington again ?

He'll be back in action in the 3 round but he's already back on the practice field

CardinalBacker likes this

2 hours ago, GoFundMe said:

Who is number 8???

50 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Who is number 8???

Tamazia (spelling may be wrong) Brown a 4 star recruit committed to TCU. He plays cornerback and wide receiver.

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

Who is number 8???

He's very possibly the best athlete on the team (and TCU commit, I believe) but wasn't available to play for a while now.  Glad to here he's expected to retake the field.

I can't think of anything I love to do more than give Newton Fan grief, but I'd hate to see any kid with that much talent and potential get off track.  

4 hours ago, GoFundMe said:

Ok that’s who I thought.  Just thought he was done.  Hope it all works out.

6 hours ago, GoFundMe said:

He looks good back in purple on the sideline

ST413 likes this

He (no.8) has always been eligible. He is back and could have played this week but was held out. He will be suiting up next week. Can't wait to see him back in action. He runs like a thoroughbred.

Newton plays Grand Saline next Friday at 3 pm in Henderson.

3 hours ago, Amphibious Rodent said:

Hooefully when he gets back he can help that Newton passing game out. It's been practically non existent wothout him

with him. newton wins state by a lot and easy. without him, newton wins state by a little over Gunter in a rematch.  dont yall think ?

7 hours ago, GoFundMe said:

with him. newton wins state by a lot and easy. without him, newton wins state by a little over Gunter in a rematch.  dont yall think ?

He’ll be back but I’m not sure Gunter will make it to the dance.  I think Clifton knocks them out in semis 

13 hours ago, Amphibious Rodent said:

Hooefully when he gets back he can help that Newton passing game out. It's been practically non existent wothout him

It’s not that the passing game has been none existent without him it’s that they haven’t really had to throw the ball the last 5 to 6 weeks. Without him Newton was still averaging over 150 yards a game passing according to the stats on max preps. They have multiple receivers who have been playing while he was out. Another of the receivers who was feeling in got hurt couple weeks ago and he should be back this week as well. The passing game will be fine they just haven’t had to pass they have been putting teams away before the half and starters have been sitting and there has been a lot of handoffs to run the clock out. But I see Coach Neece this week opening the playbook back up with all the players back and healthy. Looking forward to it. Also Newton could win the title with or without brown. They have plenty of fire power on this team. They don’t need just one guy to get them over the top. Although having Brown is just a really good bonus for the Eagles. I personally am looking forward to seeing him run around and making plays again though. 

RedJollyRoger likes this

Gunter may have their hands full this weekend when they play Lexington. I don't think Lexington is as good as they were last year but I don't think Gunter is as good as last year either.

I was told Friday night by an x Waskom coach that the talk from Waskom was that they were healthy this year and ready to kick Newton's rear end.  I hear some of the C Camden fans, just before the start of the game with Newton, saying they would be district champs after they beat Newton. I think they left at half time.

On 11/17/2018 at 9:21 AM, Amphibious Rodent said:

I wouldn’t say that Newton has 1276 passing in 2018 , Brown has 389 receiving in 2018. Brown is a shutdown corner though, he had 12 ints last season. Plus he is a threat in the return game . Josh Foster to me is the best athlete , 900 passing 450 rushing , 300 receiving, he also is a shutdown corner 

15 hours ago, Eagles97 said:

He’ll be back but I’m not sure Gunter will make it to the dance.  I think Clifton knocks them out in semis 

Clifton , lol . That will not happen . Canadian or Gunter . Clifton is not on the level of either 

Amphibious Rodent likes this

2 hours ago, Back2swag said:

I wouldn’t say that Newton has 1276 passing in 2018 , Brown has 389 receiving in 2018. Brown is a shutdown corner though, he had 12 ints last season. Plus he is a threat in the return game . Josh Foster to me is the best athlete , 900 passing 450 rushing , 300 receiving, he also is a shutdown corner 

Lmao! And I hear there is yet another Foster coming up! Talk about bloodlines.

3 hours ago, Back2swag said:

Clifton , lol . That will not happen . Canadian or Gunter . Clifton is not on the level of either 

You better do your research