Silsbee@PNG

Indianforever

1 hour ago, STiger85 said:

Questions to answer? Questions to answer? Who is going to take the heat off of Johnson? Last time we played there was Hughes, Riggs, McZeal they factored in big in helping Johnson. Is there anyone on this PNG team that talented? It will be interesting to see if PNG inexperience WR try to get open. Will the PNG offensive line constantly open holes for the RB and Johnson to run, also how much time is needed for Johnson to be able to throw? This defense of PNG if it is better than last years defense, how much better is it? One touchdown, two touchdown better? Will it be enough? Since Taylor and Martin have started together in the back field for Silsbee only one team slowed them down, Carthage! Now that brings me to Silsbee. Just how well has this offense reloaded at skilled positions? Will thunder and lighten keep on storming along? How has the QB and WRs synched up with each other? How is the defense going to contain Johnson? On the ground or in the air! These are the questions that will be addressed and answered Friday night. You don't know the answers, it will be played out on the field. Lots of tradition will be on the field come Friday. These teams of been playing football sense the 1920's, that's darn near one hundred years. Good luck Friday night and here's to a safe game. TigerNation!!!

+2

I am a PNG fan, but I grew up with a bunch of Silsbee kids so I have been following and cheering for Sislbee for years. I say that to underscore that while I am biased in favor of PNG, Silsbee has a place in my heart and always will. That being said, my prediction is that PNG wins this one by at least three scores. 

PNG has Silsbee's number. Call it a matchup problem, call it "atmosphere," call it what you want -- Even when PNG is not that good, Sislbee tends to be a win for us. Silsbee will be good this year, but so will PNG. We don't have the same team we had when we last played Sislbee, but Silsbee doesn't have Calvin Tyler or Kalon Barnes anymore either. PNG will score early and get stops early. Silsbee will get its ground game going in the second half and put up some points, but just like in 2016 (where Calvin Tyler had something like four or five touchdowns against us), it won't be enough. 

Sidenote: The idea that pops into my head when I read "physical speed" is that Calvin Tyler had physical speed, while Kalon Barnes has "speed". One will run over you, the other will leave you in the dust. Both are fast, but I imagine it hurts a lot more to tackle Calvin Tyler. 

10 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I am a PNG fan, but I grew up with a bunch of Silsbee kids so I have been following and cheering for Sislbee for years. I say that to underscore that while I am biased in favor of PNG, Silsbee has a place in my heart and always will. That being said, my prediction is that PNG wins this one by at least three scores. 

PNG has Silsbee's number. Call it a matchup problem, call it "atmosphere," call it what you want -- Even when PNG is not that good, Sislbee tends to be a win for us. Silsbee will be good this year, but so will PNG. We don't have the same team we had when we last played Sislbee, but Silsbee doesn't have Calvin Tyler or Kalon Barnes anymore either. PNG will score early and get stops early. Silsbee will get its ground game going in the second half and put up some points, but just like in 2016 (where Calvin Tyler had something like four or five touchdowns against us), it won't be enough. 

Sidenote: The idea that pops into my head when I read "physical speed" is that Calvin Tyler had physical speed, while Kalon Barnes has "speed". One will run over you, the other will leave you in the dust. Both are fast, but I imagine it hurts a lot more to tackle Calvin Tyler. 

Lol.  Calvin Tyler didn't run over anyone.  He runs by you with a move and outruns you...lol

20 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Haha -- ok, you have better seats than me. I have to watch highlights and listen to radio broadcasts. My memory from video is that he runs like a bruiser. 

True, He did bulk up from his junior year (at Ozen) to his senior year (at Silsbee) put in about 15 lbs of muscle, but he was far from a bruiser.  When they played PN-G 2 years ago, Tyler's  if plays were made making players miss and running past them.  Now he did stiffarm some small players... Here's his senior highlights, including vs. PN-G

This is the hidden content, please

9 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

True, He did bulk up from his junior year (at Ozen) to his senior year (at Silsbee) put in about 15 lbs of muscle, but he was far from a bruiser.  When they played PN-G 2 years ago, Tyler's  if plays were made making players miss and running past them.  Now he did stiffarm some small players... Here's his senior highlights, including vs. PN-G

Great video. I didn't realize how elusive he was. 

"Johnson has won his district’s MVP award in consecutive seasons and goes into his senior year with over 5,200 passing yards, nearly 3,300 rushing yards, and 120 total touchdowns for his career. After a delayed start to the 2017 season due to Hurricane Harvey, Johnson led the Port Neches-Groves Indians to a 10-2 overall record and into the third round of the 5A Division II playoffs, where they fell 66-40 to eventual state champion College Station.

In the newly split-division Class 5A, PN-G is in 5A Division II and begins the 2018 campaign as that classification’s fifth-ranked team, according to 

. The Indians will begin their season by hosting Silsbee (alma mater of Longhorns offensive lineman 
), a team that went 7-5 and reached the third round of the 4A Division I playoffs a year ago before losing 64-36 to eventual state champion Carthage. In the UIL’s February realignment, Silsbee was dropped to 4A Division II, and they will be at a pretty significant numbers disadvantage, as PN-G has about 700 more students. Silsbee’s defense includes senior defensive back Aaron Sells, who reportedly holds an offer from Louisiana Tech."

-via Burnt Orange Nation

19 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

"Johnson has won his district’s MVP award in consecutive seasons and goes into his senior year with over 5,200 passing yards, nearly 3,300 rushing yards, and 120 total touchdowns for his career. After a delayed start to the 2017 season due to Hurricane Harvey, Johnson led the Port Neches-Groves Indians to a 10-2 overall record and into the third round of the 5A Division II playoffs, where they fell 66-40 to eventual state champion College Station.

In the newly split-division Class 5A, PN-G is in 5A Division II and begins the 2018 campaign as that classification’s fifth-ranked team, according to 

. The Indians will begin their season by hosting Silsbee (alma mater of Longhorns offensive lineman 
), a team that went 7-5 and reached the third round of the 4A Division I playoffs a year ago before losing 64-36 to eventual state champion Carthage. In the UIL’s February realignment, Silsbee was dropped to 4A Division II, and they will be at a pretty significant numbers disadvantage, as PN-G has about 700 more students. Silsbee’s defense includes senior defensive back Aaron Sells, who reportedly holds an offer from Louisiana Tech."

-via Burnt Orange Nation

*puts shades on with a smirk*

25 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Thanks to you, I'm super ready for Friday to get here.  I may actually get there extra early so I can park in the actual parking lot.

Speaking of which, when the district shifts administration over to the credit union building, somebody needs to make sure we take all that vacant space over there and turn it into overflow parking. We have the old district administration building and the lot where the old city hall was. That's easily a few hundred parking spots.

On 8/24/2018 at 1:59 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

Silsbee's defense is more physical and faster than PN-G's.  Silsbee should be equipped to slow that Indian offense down.  PN-G will have heck stoping silsbee's 3 headed monster.  Speed kills.  Won great run blocking, I look for silsbee to own time of possession and will Probably just put the speed in space... 

idk about more physical.... IMO Silsbee hasnt been a good tackling team in the past either. PNG by 14-21 points.

Man oh man.. And I come back to 9 pages of garbage. PakPakPakPakPak.... Here's the straight scoop. So for all of you that seen a highlight on your neighbors, cousins, boyfriends, dogs flip phone of a SCRIMMAGE?..  Shut up and listen. 

Our defense will stop the run  much better. Our secondary will still run around in circles. Our O line will be fine, RJ will have to put up big numbers. The RB will need to step up, he has shown the ability a few times. But his inability to stay on the field has hurt. Hell yes we are going to miss Riggs. For all the crying about RJ this or that. Look for his numbers to increase from the past 2 years. We will start out slow, and hopefully our defense can figure it out. Will we go undefeated? No.. DC? Doubtful. Playoffs? Yes. SC? No... so.... The truth has been spoken. No more cupcakes like Chumperton. Grab your lunch kit, tighten your belt. And get ready to work... Thanks for the 9 pages of propaganda... Can I get a hell yeah!!!

All of you know who I'm taking!!

1 hour ago, Stattrax said:

Man oh man.. And I come back to 9 pages of garbage. PakPakPakPakPak.... Here's the straight scoop. So for all of you that seen a highlight on your neighbors, cousins, boyfriends, dogs flip phone of a SCRIMMAGE?..  Shut up and listen. 

Our defense will stop the run  much better. Our secondary will still run around in circles. Our O line will be fine, RJ will have to put up big numbers. The RB will need to step up, he has shown the ability a few times. But his inability to stay on the field has hurt. Hell yes we are going to miss Riggs. For all the crying about RJ this or that. Look for his numbers to increase from the past 2 years. We will start out slow, and hopefully our defense can figure it out. Will we go undefeated? No.. DC? Doubtful. Playoffs? Yes. SC? No... so.... The truth has been spoken. No more cupcakes like Chumperton. Grab your lunch kit, tighten your belt. And get ready to work... Thanks for the 9 pages of propaganda... Can I get a hell yeah!!!

All of you know who I'm taking!!

Stat came in the thread like

im back jack bauer GIF