Lumberton at Orangefield Scrimmage/Post comments here!

WOSgrad

Controlled part of scrimmage for 2nd teams OF outscored Lumberton 2-1.

Played a half 14-7 OF, OF had a defensive touchdown called back after the officials said the receiver was down, didn't look down to me but oh well.

Lumberton is huge as always, they played well in spots but turnovers killed them. I'm interested to see how their year goes.

I was really impressed with my Bobcats tonight, had some struggles on offense but we did throw a touchdown pass, that probably hasn't happened in like 10 years. Defense played well, should be an exciting year.

9 hours ago, LC-M said:

I know scrimmages don’t count but who looks better LCM or Lumberton ?

Both teams are very similar in that they run the spread, but LCM has a better QB. Our guys played a lot better last night against the spread, LCM coming out last week running no huddle gave us fits, something I didn't see coming and I don't believe our kids and coaches did either and we never adjusted to it. Last night our secondary played really well, had a pick six and just seemed to be better prepared to face that type of offense.

LCM will go as their QB goes, he's hard to tackle in space and he'll give teams fits all year. But not sure he has enough weapons around him to out score teams each week cause that's what they'll have to do to win games. Lumberton has some big boys, QB was up and down. He did score their only touchdown on a zone read keeper that faked everyone out, but he struggled passing the ball. It'll be interesting when these two teams meet, but right not I would have to give LCM the slight edge.

1 hour ago, Bobkat said:

Both teams are very similar in that they run the spread, but LCM has a better QB. Our guys played a lot better last night against the spread, LCM coming out last week running no huddle gave us fits, something I didn't see coming and I don't believe our kids and coaches did either and we never adjusted to it. Last night our secondary played really well, had a pick six and just seemed to be better prepared to face that type of offense.

LCM will go as their QB goes, he's hard to tackle in space and he'll give teams fits all year. But not sure he has enough weapons around him to out score teams each week cause that's what they'll have to do to win games. Lumberton has some big boys, QB was up and down. He did score their only touchdown on a zone read keeper that faked everyone out, but he struggled passing the ball. It'll be interesting when these two teams meet, but right not I would have to give LCM the slight edge.

We have to keep our Qb healthy. That team has a lot of  10th graders and our Qb is a junior. I would bet there is prob 5 seniors on that team. Hopefully we can grow up by time district starts. Good luck to OF rest of the way