Bridge City at Hamshire-Fannett Scrimmage/Post comments here!

WOSgrad

BC's Defense looked a lot better last night, flying to the football!!  BC won the scrimmage 4-1 but it was really 5-1.  The QB sneak at the 1 was a TD as the QB was laying over the Goaline but the ref didn't call it a TD.  It was hard to see probably since oh btw, the lights weren't working on the Home side.  HF is pretty damn good imo as they have a QB that can go!  Once he broke contain on the D, he was a wiggle worm.  But the D held it's own.  HF's defense couldn't stop our bruising FB and whatever reverses the offense was doing.  They had 8 to 9 men in the box and were bringing the house every down.  Alll in all, the offense still needs some work but will get there.  Go Big Red!! 

5-1?  Incorrect my friend

You must counting the 2nd team 12 play session at end of scrimmage FROM the 20 Going IN.  H-F scored twice in that controlled section.  BC scored 3 times in that controlled section. 

In live half with 1s on 1s BC scored after an H-F fumble.  1-0 in live half.  H-F drove the ball all half very well with a few fumbles to kill drives.  That can be cleaned up.  The big back ran hard but was stopped twice on an outstanding goaline stand.     

11 minutes ago, BelichikYoSelf said:

5-1?  Incorrect my friend

You must counting the 2nd team 12 play session at end of scrimmage FROM the 20 Going IN.  H-F scored twice in that controlled section.  BC scored 3 times in that controlled section. 

In live half with 1s on 1s BC scored after an H-F fumble.  1-0 in live half.  H-F drove the ball all half very well with a few fumbles to kill drives.  That can be cleaned up.  The big back ran hard but was stopped twice on an outstanding goaline stand.     

Hah, ya'll acted like ya'll had won the super bowl on that gif pass play.  But we all know that was NOT a so called goaline stand...that qb was in by all means.  BC scored at will on ya'lls defense!! Most the time, ya'lls backers didn't even know where the ball was on those end around , reverses BC runs.  I don't know what those plays are called but I didn't even know who had the ball until the back was in the end zone !!! lmao

3 minutes ago, LC-M said:

Come on man, be honest about your team. Do you think they will make the playoffs

I'm serious...we looked terrible on both sides of the ball just saying.  No, I don't think we will make the playoffs.  It's gonna be like everyone says on their predictions!!

1. LUmberton

2. LCM

3. HUffman

4. Splendora

for pride BC and LIvingston will duke it out

4 minutes ago, GoBigRed2018 said:

I'm serious...we looked terrible on both sides of the ball just saying.  No, I don't think we will make the playoffs.  It's gonna be like everyone says on their predictions!!

1. LUmberton

2. LCM

3. HUffman

4. Splendora

for pride BC and LIvingston will duke it out

I wouldn’t take too much from scrimmages. Give it at least two weeks of real games then we’ll see.

3 minutes ago, LC-M said:

What happened yesterday with OF?

From what I’m told the “score” is worse than it actually was. We did have a pick six against us and we threw another int.

we had 230 yards of offense and 12 first downs. They had 92 yards of offense and 4 first downs.... those numbers are from the live half we played. Not sure about the controlled part. They had one big pass across the middle that went for 50 yards, which made up a huge chunk of their total yardage. 

I know everybody is reading “Lumberton lost to OF” and are freaking out, I’m not too worried about it. Scrimmages are good for film, but a bad look for fans. Next week will give all of us better insight into our teams.

1 hour ago, L-Train11 said:

From what I’m told the “score” is worse than it actually was. We did have a pick six against us and we threw another int.

we had 230 yards of offense and 12 first downs. They had 92 yards of offense and 4 first downs.... those numbers are from the live half we played. Not sure about the controlled part. They had one big pass across the middle that went for 50 yards, which made up a huge chunk of their total yardage. 

I know everybody is reading “Lumberton lost to OF” and are freaking out, I’m not too worried about it. Scrimmages are good for film, but a bad look for fans. Next week will give all of us better insight into our teams.

At the end of a Friday night, it’s who scored more points. Not had more yards though. 

6 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

On a normal Friday night you also do kickoffs and punts and play a full game and game plan and watch film and play your starters the whole game..... you get my point, it’s a little different 

That's very true and I agree with you. Im just not sold on Lumberton being a tier 1 team. I believe they will make the playoffs but I can see them losing at least two district games this year.

1 hour ago, L-Train11 said:

Stats look a little off, Lumberton did have more total yards but it wasn't that drastic. Our offense wasn't on the field much to be honest, we had a pick six and a fumble returned for a touchdown that was called back several minutes after we scored. We we're sending out our guys to kick the extra point and the player was then ruled down. But like I said in another thread oh well lol.

Lumberton moved the ball well and ate up the clock, but Orangefield also forced several punts on top of the turnovers. Bend but don't break defense has always been our style of play. Lumberton's defense is a head of it's offense at this point but we did move the ball on them. QB showed signs of being a player, very good with the read option but he struggled throwing the ball and making the right reads. He'll be a good one though.

Good Luck to the Raiders this season!!!

7 minutes ago, Bobkat said:

Stats look a little off, Lumberton did have more total yards but it wasn't that drastic. Our offense wasn't on the field much to be honest, we had a pick six and a fumble returned for a touchdown that was called back several minutes after we scored. We we're sending out our guys to kick the extra point and the player was then ruled down. But like I said in another thread oh well lol.

Lumberton moved the ball well and ate up the clock, but Orangefield also forced several punts on top of the turnovers. Bend but don't break defense has always been our style of play. Lumberton's defense is a head of it's offense at this point but we did move the ball on them. QB showed signs of being a player, very good with the read option but he struggled throwing the ball and making the right reads. He'll be a good one though.

I forgot to ask I saw yall in the spread. Are yall running the Wing T and Spread together?

30 minutes ago, LC-M said:

I forgot to ask I saw yall in the spread. Are yall running the Wing T and Spread together?

Yes sir we're running both, we actually have a kid at QB that can throw it a little. We run the Wing T well, but against better teams especially in the playoffs we tend to bog down. This should at least give us more options on offense for moving the ball. So far I like what I've seen the little we've ran it.

44 minutes ago, Bobkat said:

Good luck to y’all as well. I’m glad to hear our defense is looking good, we’ll get our running game going for sure

9 minutes ago, Bobkat said:

Yes sir we're running both, we actually have a kid at QB that can throw it a little. We run the Wing T well, but against better teams especially in the playoffs we tend to bog down. This should at least give us more options on offense for moving the ball. So far I like what I've seen the little we've ran it.

I agree yall have a big running back/ linebacker