A Fight I’d Like to Have Seen

Hagar

Thanks to having 200+ channels on TV, and there’s nothing good on, I’m watching something called North Woods Law where they follow Game Wardens around in the north.  This story is in Maine.  The Warden was checking out a Pit Bull that had a big gash in his head.  Basically, he got his buttocks whipped.  The owner said by a wild turkey.  Turned out, it was a guinea hen.  Now, there was no video of the “throw down”, but if there’d been a Sports Betting location covering the fight, I’d lost my kister.  Pit bull vs guinea hen?  Should’ve been a no brainer.   And that buddies, is why old REBgp is not a professional gambler.

17 hours ago, REBgp said:

Thanks to having 200+ channels on TV, and there’s nothing good on, I’m watching something called North Woods Law where they follow Game Wardens around in the north.  This story is in Maine.  The Warden was checking out a Pit Bull that had a big gash in his head.  Basically, he got his buttocks whipped.  The owner said by a wild turkey.  Turned out, it was a guinea hen.  Now, there was no video of the “throw down”, but if there’d been a Sports Betting location covering the fight, I’d lost my kister.  Pit bull vs guinea hen?  Should’ve been a no brainer.   And that buddies, is why old REBgp is not a professional gambler.

I have a story about a guinea and how mean those things are.  Let's go back in time then I was around 7 or 8 years old.  I'm at the farm with my dad.  He's working on a tractor and I'm being a typical 7 or 8 year old boy.  You know, running around acting like a wild child because there's no rules on the farm.  Go where you want, drive what you want, just be back by dark.  Anyway, we have cows, chickens, guineas and couple of dogs that live on the farm.  One of the dogs, Sunshine, recently had a small litter of puppies.  Being a good mom, she kept the puppies in her dog house and was very protective.  I had a very good relationship with our farm dogs and Sunshine would let me in the doghouse in order to check on her pups.  Well, this particular day some of the pups had wandered out of the doghouse.  I decided that it was my job to round them up and put them back in.  Little did I know that one of the guinea's was now sharing the doghouse with Sunshine and her pups.  As a matter of fact, the guinea had a nest made in the dog house and had babies of her own.  After I got the last puppy back into the house I decided that it would be a good ideal to grab one of the cute little guinea chicks and show my dad.  Talk about a bad move!  As I'm coming out of the dog house the mother guinea see's me holding one of her babies.  She runs up to me jumps/flies into the air and lands on my shoulders.  She digs her razor sharp claws into my shoulders and starts pecking me in the head with her beak.  I'm standing there scared to death and completely frozen because a guinea is attacking me.  It continues to peck away at my head.  My dad, still working on the tractor, hears the commotion and comes to see what's going on.  He comes to my rescue, gets the guinea off of my shoulders and tells me to put the baby guinea down.  I'm standing there with tears rolling down my face and my dad can't stop laughing.  I had claw marks in my shoulders and 4 knots on my head for about a week.  Not sure how I wasn't bleeding.  I never messed with those guinea chicks again and to this day, if I see a guinea, I make sure to stay away from it.  I'm 42 years old now and my dad still likes to tell this story when he gets the chance.  

16 hours ago, Ty Cobb said:

I have a story about a guinea and how mean those things are.  Let's go back in time then I was around 7 or 8 years old.  I'm at the farm with my dad.  He's working on a tractor and I'm being a typical 7 or 8 year old boy.  You know, running around acting like a wild child because there's no rules on the farm.  Go where you want, drive what you want, just be back by dark.  Anyway, we have cows, chickens, guineas and couple of dogs that live on the farm.  One of the dogs, Sunshine, recently had a small litter of puppies.  Being a good mom, she kept the puppies in her dog house and was very protective.  I had a very good relationship with our farm dogs and Sunshine would let me in the doghouse in order to check on her pups.  Well, this particular day some of the pups had wandered out of the doghouse.  I decided that it was my job to round them up and put them back in.  Little did I know that one of the guinea's was now sharing the doghouse with Sunshine and her pups.  As a matter of fact, the guinea had a nest made in the dog house and had babies of her own.  After I got the last puppy back into the house I decided that it would be a good ideal to grab one of the cute little guinea chicks and show my dad.  Talk about a bad move!  As I'm coming out of the dog house the mother guinea see's me holding one of her babies.  She runs up to me jumps/flies into the air and lands on my shoulders.  She digs her razor sharp claws into my shoulders and starts pecking me in the head with her beak.  I'm standing there scared to death and completely frozen because a guinea is attacking me.  It continues to peck away at my head.  My dad, still working on the tractor, hears the commotion and comes to see what's going on.  He comes to my rescue, gets the guinea off of my shoulders and tells me to put the baby guinea down.  I'm standing there with tears rolling down my face and my dad can't stop laughing.  I had claw marks in my shoulders and 4 knots on my head for about a week.  Not sure how I wasn't bleeding.  I never messed with those guinea chicks again and to this day, if I see a guinea, I make sure to stay away from it.  I'm 42 years old now and my dad still likes to tell this story when he gets the chance.  

Great story Ty Cobb.  Thanks for sharing - I’ve got a big smile on...   My wife & I were both from Vidor, so we had a home built there.  Neighbors across the street had some guinea hens.  I didn’t even know it for a long time, but one day they pulled a Great Escape.  Once they got out, & on the street, they made the durndest racket you ever heard.  Never thought much about them, but I didn’t realize they were the “wolverine of the bird community”, lol.  If I see some out now, I’m outta here :) 

10 hours ago, REBgp said:

Great story Ty Cobb.  Thanks for sharing - I’ve got a big smile on...   My wife & I were both from Vidor, so we had a home built there.  Neighbors across the street had some guinea hens.  I didn’t even know it for a long time, but one day they pulled a Great Escape.  Once they got out, & on the street, they made the durndest racket you ever heard.  Never thought much about them, but I didn’t realize they were the “wolverine of the bird community”, lol.  If I see some out now, I’m outta here :) 

The first time my son saw a guinea he asked me what it was.  I responded with, "the devil's bird!"