East Chambers at Liberty Scrimmage/Post comments here!

WOSgrad

2 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

sounds like Liberty walked all over you.

No. Actually I would give EC the edge if they played regular season. Liberty just put in everyone  tight pound and ground but EC defense held ok. Just didn't dominate. I think EC scored 1 scrimmage play 1 regular play and twice goal line. Liberty 1 scrimmage 1 regular and 1 goal line. 

You do not elevate your program by playing weak teams. I can remember when EC was a hard game for anyone. Only way to get back to being an outstanding team is to play better competition. So, you are offering me the coaching job, sounds like you are headed in the right direction. How much does it pay?  

1 hour ago, purpleeagle said:

You do not elevate your program by playing weak teams. I can remember when EC was a hard game for anyone. Only way to get back to being an outstanding team is to play better competition. So, you are offering me the coaching job, sounds like you are headed in the right direction. How much does it pay?  

I agree that playing up on pre-season will elevate program but that is the coaches decision. Neither one of us coach at EC. Applying is not a offer.

On 8/18/2018 at 4:27 PM, purpleeagle said:

And what happens when your talent is down?  Do you come to the realization that you have to find less stiff competition or do you get your lungs kicked in and hope the players don't quit (emotionally, physically, and getting out of football)?

18 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Sometimes playing up is a terrible idea.  You need to build confidence in your kids or they won't believe in you or your scheme.  Better to play bad teams and be 4-0 going into district then play great teams and be 0-4.  Confidence is big when it comes to teenage kids.

5 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

I like it when you quote yourself oldschool, make for good stuff.

I thought I was editing it.. after I noticed that it was "liked" I saw that there were a couple of grammatical errors.  I was going to fix it but quoted it instead.  I'm kind of OCD about stuff like that especially if/when I imply someone else's ignorance from time to time.

4 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I thought I was editing it.. after I noticed that it was "liked" I saw that there were a couple of grammatical errors.  I was going to fix it but quoted it instead.  I'm kind of OCD about stuff like that especially if/when I imply someone else's ignorance from time to time.

I know what you mean, I edit my stuff all the time for the exact same reason.