Silsbee v Vidor Scrimmage 8/17

STiger85

The Silsbee Tigers will host the Vidor Pirates in both teams first scrimmage of the year. The freshman and JV will get things started off around the 5:00 hour and Varsity will start around the 7:00 hour. A good first scrimmage for both teams. SETX High School football is finally here. TigerNation!!!

For the first time in three years there will not be a senior directing the Tigers offense, this will be in the hands of juniors. I believe the coaches know who the starter will be, but because nether QB has played a significant roll in a varsity game at QBs they have been grilled hard at practice. Both QBs have been given quality amount of time at QB in practice, they have come a long way in these past two weeks and they have a long ways to go. Can't wait to see how our young QBs react to playing another team, can't wait to see how this years version of the Tigers start the year off. TigerNation!!!  

6 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

Curious to see how Silsbee’s Defense performs as far as tackling and stuff.

One thing you’ll find out for sure, is whether their defense will stay home or not.  Of course the Tigers have seen it a lot, but probably not often by a team that runs it as well as Vidor.  And being 5A, probably a little better athletes.  Should be one of the better scrimmages tonight.

Btw, I see Grad has a thread for the scrimmage.  Hope someone post some highlights tonight.  I’ll be checking.  Good luck to both squads.