Butch to be renamed...

14 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I have no dog in this fight, so I don’t wanna argue either way but.... if they ARE gonna change the name , could they at least choose something a little shorter and easier to remember! Lol

”Beaumont Independent School distric Memorial Stadium” is a mouth full

Yeah, they need to shorten the name some.

3 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

There's already a stadium in Beaumont named after Coach Durley. 

Rename that one at West Brook.

Call it Bruin Stadium.

Also I am not for completely eliminating Thomas name from BISD. Rename a school or name the admin building after him. Just think a sports venue should be named after a sportsman.

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Man, whoever is naming things in BISD these days needs to think outside the box a little.  

In all honesty, I'm pretty sure that regardless of what they end up naming it, we'll all be calling it the Butch until the end of time.  

"The Butch Bowl" has too nice a ring to it to totally disappear.

Unity seems to be the new theme in BISD. It would be nice if they could come up with someone fondly remembered in Beaumont - on both sides - to name it after. "Memorial Stadium" is too easily confused with PAISD's stadium.

Or just leave it alone. BISD has more issues to worry about then renaming it. He did a lot of good for the school district as a whole. And he did a lot of setx a favor by having a super nice cheap playoff venue close to home. Just leave the stadium name as is.

The only good thing I like is the wall of fame which is a great idea. 

BISD could just keep the name, change the sign to just say "The Butch"  Everyone who cares about the former superintendent will know who that is, everyone that wants a name change will be happy that Carroll Thomas is no longer on the sign.  Heck, we all call the stadium "The Butch" anyway. Makes no difference to me, I am just happy to play there every now & then.  Hope BISD is smart enough to work this out & the board should let all the taxpayers vote on the name.

Afrer the name change, then what? I’ve said it more than once, most “Supers” are around for 4-5 years. Mr Thomas was here 15. That alone answers any questions anyone has. The streets may have been Crooked, but who paved the Roads?? I’m sure a lot of palms were greased during his long Stint in Beaumont. Made lots of new “Frienimies”.  Now let’s play some Football at the “Butch”

12 hours ago, Bigcam2903 said:

Afrer the name change, then what? I’ve said it more than once, most “Supers” are around for 4-5 years. Mr Thomas was here 15. That alone answers any questions anyone has. The streets may have been Crooked, but who paved the Roads?? I’m sure a lot of palms were greased during his long Stint in Beaumont. Made lots of new “Frienimies”.  Now let’s play some Football at the “Butch”

I've been staying off of this thread but one thing for sure it will always be known as the Butch...