District 11 4a d-1

On 8/11/2018 at 7:03 PM, LC-M said:

Any thoughts or predictions how this district will end up

I don't see how Lumberton doesn't win district, this is a step down. No more PNG, Nederland, Vidor and Memorial to hold you down. How do they not win this? Livingston has been poopoo with cheese on a sourdough bun, so unless its superstars moving in, i don't see it. I always assumed once Lumberton dropped they would finally be able to compete a win a DC.

7 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

I don't see how Lumberton doesn't win district, this is a step down. No more PNG, Nederland, Vidor and Memorial to hold you down. How do they not win this? Livingston has been poopoo with cheese on a sourdough bun, so unless its superstars moving in, i don't see it. I always assumed once Lumberton dropped they would finally be able to compete a win a DC.

Livingston has beaten Lumberton in the last two years. It's possible. I think it also depends on how good Huffman is, and how fast LCM can get used to life after Winters. Lumberton is the favorite in my opinion, though

15 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

The year before we dropped down we played png and Nederland except for PA and we made the playoffs. We lost To Dayton in bi district that year. We came down and been in the playoffs except for  one year. We have never won a DC since coming down. Jasper Silsbee and Huffman have been pretty tuff in district play. Crosby barely beat Jasper last year.  I do  think lumberton will be in the playoffs I just think LCM and Huffman will give them problems. Just because you step down don’t make you a power house. Lumberton will have to prove them self 

29 minutes ago, LC-M said:

The year before we dropped down we played png and Nederland except for PA and we made the playoffs. We lost To Dayton in bi district that year. We came down and been in the playoffs except for  one year. We have never won a DC since coming down. Jasper Silsbee and Huffman have been pretty tuff in district play. Crosby barely beat Jasper last year.  I do  think lumberton will be in the playoffs I just think LCM and Huffman will give them problems. Just because you step down don’t make you a power house. Lumberton will have to prove them self 

You guys know better than me, thats why I asked. If so, Lumberton better strap up

29 minutes ago, LC-M said:

I expect Lumberton to do well against smaller teams like ours that run a similar offense.  I think they'll struggle against teams that can move the ball through the air. No doubt they make the playoffs, it just remains to be seen if they can win the DC.  

3 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I expect Lumberton to do well against smaller teams like ours that run a similar offense.  I think they'll struggle against teams that can move the ball through the air. No doubt they make the playoffs, it just remains to be seen if they can win the DC.  

Yeah, if you can throw, you will give them fits. Livingston, as poo as theyve been has been able to throw somewhat so i guess thats why they've beaten Lumberton

4 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Well I think we will be throwing a little more. Our weakness is our defense, Yall will give us trouble

6 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I'm really thinking about driving up to Diboll on Friday and checking out the action up there.  I think I'll have a lot better feel for the team after that. 

I caught some video of Splendora and Dibol scrimmaging and Dibol did not look to discipline on defense, Spendora I thought could be a sleeper this year. 

10 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Yeah, if you can throw, you will give them fits. Livingston, as poo as theyve been has been able to throw somewhat so i guess thats why they've beaten Lumberton

Livingston use to be pretty scrappy before they fired Coach Rowe which was a big mistake because they have fell off. They  had some talent on that team. One kid went to UT but got kicked out

2 hours ago, LC-M said:

I agree. Next week will only get tougher for LCM by playing WOS. Yall prob will pick up a win

Yes I think we should win out till we get to district..  We Should, but we tend to get complacent.. when I know what the play gonna be (especially on 1st down we always run) you know the other coaches do too!!  

10 minutes ago, Huffman Hargrave Falcons72 said:

Yes I think we should win out till we get to district..  We Should, but we tend to get complacent.. when I know what the play gonna be (especially on 1st down we always run) you know the other coaches do too!!  

I agree y’all play calling is pretty much the same from prior years.