District 11 4a d-1

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

1. Huffman

2. Livingston

3. Lumberton

4. Splendora

That's pretty solid prediction. I think Huffman or Lumberton will make some noise. I haven't  seen my Bears enough to know if we will be in the top 4. I think we can beat Splendora or at least in our old district we beat them pretty good. I hope things don't change and hopefully some of younger players will step up.

what does Livingston have coming back to put them at 2nd place? They got demolished by every team last year including Baytown Lee and us. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say they either barely sneak into the playoffs or could end up missing out all together.

Im optimistic about Lumberton having our first ever solo district championship. But I definitely don’t wanna be “that guy” who drops down and starts beating their chest saying we are gonna run through this district. Because most weeks will still be a battle as always.

10 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

what does Livingston have coming back to put them at 2nd place? They got demolished by every team last year including Baytown Lee and us. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say they either barely sneak into the playoffs or could end up missing out all together.

Im optimistic about Lumberton having our first ever solo district championship. But I definitely don’t wanna be “that guy” who drops down and starts beating their chest saying we are gonna run through this district. Because most weeks will still be a battle as always.

Move ins. Several.

6 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

We haven't played Livingston in a while since 2013 so I really don't know what to expect from them. How good is Lumberton secondary that will be huge against a team like Huffman.

4 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Judging by the past few years not the best lol but we’ll see what we got this year.

Well I promise they will throw the ball around. Don't know if they will have the QB and WR core to spread you out enough but they were young last year and should be pretty good. THEY AWAYS GIVE US ISSUES. I really think we just get out coached. I think Lumberton will be beat Bridge City and splendora, and Livingston. I think LCM and Huffman will probably give yall the most trouble.

44 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Pretty sure this will be the only two years Livingston will be 4A. They will be going back up next realignment

I was shocked Livingston dropped to 4A.   Im okay with it because the travel  would have been horrible like poor Cleveland.

They'll be better this year.  Practice numbers are more like 5A than 4A. They will make the playoffs and probably win a game or two depending on the draw.

I expect Huffman Hargrave to be the team to beat. After that it ought to be interesting. 

As much as I hate to say it, I'm not sure who said we've had move-ins let alone that we have 5a numbers turning out. Sadly I havn't been as in tune as I used to be, but I'm pretty sure our numbers are still pretty low. This first week of practice I believe we only have around 25 freshmen showing up. But the new coaching staff has brought in some new excitement and everyone seems to love them all. I hope the teams (and towns) optimism keeps up, and moving down to 4A has certainly encouraged that. I just really hope that the Lions can see some success this year. A playoff birth would be huge for the town and I think it would make a big difference in the coming years by having more kids participate and keeping interest up. Over the past few years we've had a lot of talent walk the halls because they "don't want to play for a loosing team." Nonetheless I have high hopes for the Lions this year :)

1 hour ago, LionBacker99 said:

As much as I hate to say it, I'm not sure who said we've had move-ins let alone that we have 5a numbers turning out. Sadly I havn't been as in tune as I used to be, but I'm pretty sure our numbers are still pretty low. This first week of practice I believe we only have around 25 freshmen showing up. But the new coaching staff has brought in some new excitement and everyone seems to love them all. I hope the teams (and towns) optimism keeps up, and moving down to 4A has certainly encouraged that. I just really hope that the Lions can see some success this year. A playoff birth would be huge for the town and I think it would make a big difference in the coming years by having more kids participate and keeping interest up. Over the past few years we've had a lot of talent walk the halls because they "don't want to play for a loosing team." Nonetheless I have high hopes for the Lions this year :)

I’ve also heard that there aren’t any transfers, and that numbers are low even on the varsity level.

It’s a really top-heavy district, attendance-wise. You’ve got Lumberton, Splendora, and Livingston all dropping down for this realignment, and with LCM and having recently dropped down from 5A. Huffman’s enrollment is way up there, too. 

It’s also important to notice that despite all of that size, there isn’t a typical powerhouse in the group. 

Of course I’m expecting my Cardinals to finish at the top of the District, but fans from pretty much any school in the district  can realistically expect the same. It is truly wide-open at this point.