Trump Supporters will turn violent?

Englebert

This "professor" thinks that Trump supporters will turn violent:

This is the hidden content, please

Do universities require a stunted and absolute childish view of the world as a prerequisite for employment? Where do universities find these people? This "professor" needs to realize that it is her, and people like her, that Trump supporters abhor...people that throw out baseless and nonsensical accusations to label people. Her and her ilk are the reason Trump is the current president, and hopefully for another term.

I would really like for her, or anyone, to explain the evidence that leads to her conclusion. I'm thinking the rationale for not providing evidence is that offering such means you have to defend it, and she knows she can't. So in good Liberal fashion, she just throws out baseless accusations then runs like a good little sheeple. I hope Carlson Tucker can convince her to appear on his show. I highly doubt he or anyone can bust through her air of superiority and self-attributed grandiose cognitive abilities, but at least he can expose her ridiculous claims on national TV. 

Oh yeah (almost forgot)...thoughts?

I may be a little jaded after seven years of living in two different major university environments, but I am of the opinion that college campuses are bubbles. The nature of a college campus demands that it be dominated by the views of 18-22 year old kids with little to no real world experience, many of whom have never had to hold a real job or actually support anyone other than themselves on anything but the cash their parents hand them. Most of them come from similar, upper middle class, suburban backgrounds, most of them have never had to worry about having a place to stay or food on the table, and most of them have never had to deal with a real crisis on their own because they've always had their parents or somebody else around to handle those for them. For the vast majority of them, this is their first experience living away from home. When they're confronted with a real conflict for the first time, their first inclination is to look around for someone else to handle it like their parents would - hence why you see so many college students demanding that college administrations overreact to issues most would consider relatively benign or inconsequential. Most of them are also looking to establish an identity of their own apart from their family or their parents - it's sort of the ultimate culmination of teenage rebellion - and attempts to do so can reach levels the average Joe considers eccentric, absurd or obscene, because the normal adult authorities that are present in every other facet of our society aren't around to keep that in check.

As you might expect in an environment dominated by adolescents, these spheres in our society are probably the most susceptible to being overtaken by the latest fads and trends in everything from fashion to politics; social status is just as much a factor on these campuses as it was in high school, if not moreso. And when these kids hear or see something new and thought provoking from a professor or another student, they don't have the real world experience necessary to really critically analyze what they're hearing, accept the premise of whatever's been proposed more easily just because it sounds facially reasonable, and take some pride in the fact their individualism is being reinforced by the unpopular viewpoints they now hold. So, when more and more students adopt what the real world would deem a crackpot theory or stupid idea or illogical opinion out of hand, and more and more students are hearing more and more of their peers repeat these crackpot theories, you get, in essence, unfettered groupthink, completely untempered by any of the normal dynamics present in ordinary life that would keep it in check and reinforced by a sense of superiority stemming from the belief that they are the "higher educated."  One might call it "elitism," and I would agree from my own experience that many university employees out there arrogantly assume that their own views are morally and intellectually superior to those held by the "less educated," but I prefer to think of it as the natural side effect of being far too sheltered for far too long.

The more time people spend in those bubbles, the more removed they become from the real world. Your typical four years for your average college student are bad enough, but the lion's share of those students graduate and get jobs in the real world; by the time they're 30, most of those kids have, to some degree, been brought back down to reality. But living in the bubble never stops for your career academics - they're there every weekday for decades on end. Some of them will only leave that environment in a pine box. It doesn't take long for those folks to lose all their sense of reality, and after years of exposure, it becomes almost impossible to get that back. That's how you get academics who are outraged that Donald Trump would get caught on tape saying something you'd probably hear in every middle school boys' locker room in America. It's how you get academic officials who demand that persons of one anatomical sex be admitted to the bathroom reserved for the other anatomical sex, never bothering to consider, much less recognize, how that right of access can and likely will be abused by immature teenage boys or bad people with ulterior motives on the side of town that college professors never go into. Generally speaking, it's why employees of universities across the country totally overreact to what 80% of Americans experience on a daily basis and consider completely normal, and make crazy statements with little factual basis which the rest of society finds, at the very least, counter-intuitive.

Some universities are worse than others. UT is far, far worse than Alabama would ever dream of being and is likely worse than I'd imagine A&M to be. I'd argue that schools which are more liberal arts-oriented are generally worse than schools which focus more on business, science, engineering, history or law. Trade schools hardly suffer from this problem at all. But it's out there, and as social media becomes more of a mouthpiece for people in our society, you can expect to see a whole lot more Twitter rants and YouTube videos of people doing and saying things on college campuses they'd be immediately dismissed or ridiculed for anywhere else on the planet.

10 hours ago, PN-G bamatex said:

I may be a little jaded after seven years of living in two different major university environments, but I am of the opinion that college campuses are bubbles. The nature of a college campus demands that it be dominated by the views of 18-22 year old kids with little to no real world experience, many of whom have never had to hold a real job or actually support anyone other than themselves on anything but the cash their parents hand them. Most of them come from similar, upper middle class, suburban backgrounds, most of them have never had to worry about having a place to stay or food on the table, and most of them have never had to deal with a real crisis on their own because they've always had their parents or somebody else around to handle those for them. For the vast majority of them, this is their first experience living away from home. When they're confronted with a real conflict for the first time, their first inclination is to look around for someone else to handle it like their parents would - hence why you see so many college students demanding that college administrations overreact to issues most would consider relatively benign or inconsequential. Most of them are also looking to establish an identity of their own apart from their family or their parents - it's sort of the ultimate culmination of teenage rebellion - and attempts to do so can reach levels the average Joe considers eccentric, absurd or obscene, because the normal adult authorities that are present in every other facet of our society aren't around to keep that in check.

As you might expect in an environment dominated by adolescents, these spheres in our society are probably the most susceptible to being overtaken by the latest fads and trends in everything from fashion to politics; social status is just as much a factor on these campuses as it was in high school, if not moreso. And when these kids hear or see something new and thought provoking from a professor or another student, they don't have the real world experience necessary to really critically analyze what they're hearing, accept the premise of whatever's been proposed more easily just because it sounds facially reasonable, and take some pride in the fact their individualism is being reinforced by the unpopular viewpoints they now hold. So, when more and more students adopt what the real world would deem a crackpot theory or stupid idea or illogical opinion out of hand, and more and more students are hearing more and more of their peers repeat these crackpot theories, you get, in essence, unfettered groupthink, completely untempered by any of the normal dynamics present in ordinary life that would keep it in check and reinforced by a sense of superiority stemming from the belief that they are the "higher educated."  One might call it "elitism," and I would agree from my own experience that many university employees out there arrogantly assume that their own views are morally and intellectually superior to those held by the "less educated," but I prefer to think of it as the natural side effect of being far too sheltered for far too long.

The more time people spend in those bubbles, the more removed they become from the real world. Your typical four years for your average college student are bad enough, but the lion's share of those students graduate and get jobs in the real world; by the time they're 30, most of those kids have, to some degree, been brought back down to reality. But living in the bubble never stops for your career academics - they're there every weekday for decades on end. Some of them will only leave that environment in a pine box. It doesn't take long for those folks to lose all their sense of reality, and after years of exposure, it becomes almost impossible to get that back. That's how you get academics who are outraged that Donald Trump would get caught on tape saying something you'd probably hear in every middle school boys' locker room in America. It's how you get academic officials who demand that persons of one anatomical sex be admitted to the bathroom reserved for the other anatomical sex, never bothering to consider, much less recognize, how that right of access can and likely will be abused by immature teenage boys or bad people with ulterior motives on the side of town that college professors never go into. Generally speaking, it's why employees of universities across the country totally overreact to what 80% of Americans experience on a daily basis and consider completely normal, and make crazy statements with little factual basis which the rest of society finds, at the very least, counter-intuitive.

Some universities are worse than others. UT is far, far worse than Alabama would ever dream of being and is likely worse than I'd imagine A&M to be. I'd argue that schools which are more liberal arts-oriented are generally worse than schools which focus more on business, science, engineering, history or law. Trade schools hardly suffer from this problem at all. But it's out there, and as social media becomes more of a mouthpiece for people in our society, you can expect to see a whole lot more Twitter rants and YouTube videos of people doing and saying things on college campuses they'd be immediately dismissed or ridiculed for anywhere else on the planet.

Excellent post.  I want to throw in one opinion.  Where you were saying they were looking for their own identity.  I’ve no doubt you’re correct.  It’s something people have been doing since, well, since there’s been people.  Armed with that knowledge, and knowing (imo) how bad the environment in many of our Universities are for finding anything, I have a potential solution.  Revive the draft.  Not for some, for all at the end of HS.  Make it one year, for everyone who can contribute in some way.  Deferments only for extremely disabled.  This would build discipline, self confidence, and be an excellent environment for, at minimum, a foundation for “finding ones own identity”.  

I realize this is an extremely unpopular idea to most, but having went to Lamar after my military service, I know that I gazed upon my professors with much less awe than my younger classmates fresh out of HS.  And I certainly wasn’t intimidated by them (after having DI’s in your face, college professors weren’t a problem lol).  For those who disagree, just chalk it up to the ravings of an anachronism.

Why would they turn violent? Is the rest of the GOP going to go all in on the so called "alt-right" kick? That's only about 10 to 15 percent of the party. They'll be out in force this weekend making asses of themselves.

As the old adage goes, not all Republicans are racist but all racists are Republicans.  

41 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

Why would they turn violent? Is the rest of the GOP going to go all in on the so called "alt-right" kick? That's only about 10 to 15 percent of the party. They'll be out in force this weekend making asses of themselves.

As the old adage goes, not all Republicans are racist but all racists are Republicans.  

As the old adage goes, only low information idiots believe this.  

15 hours ago, REBgp said:

Excellent post.  I want to throw in one opinion.  Where you were saying they were looking for their own identity.  I’ve no doubt you’re correct.  It’s something people have been doing since, well, since there’s been people.  Armed with that knowledge, and knowing (imo) how bad the environment in many of our Universities are for finding anything, I have a potential solution.  Revive the draft.  Not for some, for all at the end of HS.  Make it one year, for everyone who can contribute in some way.  Deferments only for extremely disabled.  This would build discipline, self confidence, and be an excellent environment for, at minimum, a foundation for “finding ones own identity”.  

I realize this is an extremely unpopular idea to most, but having went to Lamar after my military service, I know that I gazed upon my professors with much less awe than my younger classmates fresh out of HS.  And I certainly wasn’t intimidated by them (after having DI’s in your face, college professors weren’t a problem lol).  For those who disagree, just chalk it up to the ravings of an anachronism.

I have no objections to mandatory military service, and I see no reason to relegate it to one year as opposed to the ordinary four. Germany does it and with our return to great power competition against a reemerging Russia and an emerging China, there's an argument to be made that it's in the best interest of national security. It would cost a lot though, and I can't imagine DOD keeping the GI bill in that situation.

And generally, you're absolutely right. The veterans returning from military service are older and wiser than the high school graduates. They're not as susceptible to social pressure and typically more skeptical of the professor babble.

6 hours ago, stevenash said:

Is Mr. Farrakhan a Republican?  Is Sara Jeong ( NY Times) as Republican?  What was Robert Byrd?

Ok

6 hours ago, stevenash said:

Is Mr. Farrakhan a Republican?  Is Sara Jeong ( NY Times) as Republican?  What was Robert Byrd?

7 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

As  old adage goes, only low information idiots believe this.  

Mr Farrakhan is an anti Semite. Ms Jeong was joking about living in a system that minimizes the accomplishments and opportunities of people of color and women. Robert Byrd would be a republican by today's standards.

Per Mirriam Webster

Definition of racism

1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

2a : a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles

b : a political or social system founded on racism

3: racial prejudice or discrimination

If we were to examine the foundation of this great nation you will see that part 2 of fits us to a tee.  We still have not addressed these issues.

Why the so called alt right is so Angy I have no idea. The country is still structured to support and nurture them.  They're idiots. No one is taking their rights away. However they have the right to express their dumbass ideas as long as they do not harm anyone. They haven't proven they can do that yet.

1 hour ago, BearEssentials97 said:

Ok

Mr Farrakhan is an anti Semite. Ms Jeong was joking about living in a system that minimizes the accomplishments and opportunities of people of color and women. Robert Byrd would be a republican by today's standards.

Per Mirriam Webster

Definition of racism

1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

2a : a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles

b : a political or social system founded on racism

3: racial prejudice or discrimination

If we were to examine the foundation of this great nation you will see that part 2 of fits us to a tee.  We still have not addressed these issues.

Why the so called alt right is so Angy I have no idea. The country is still structured to support and nurture them.  They're idiots. No one is taking their rights away. However they have the right to express their dumbass ideas as long as they do not harm anyone. They haven't proven they can do that yet.

And you can tell what someone "believes" without question?

7 minutes ago, stevenash said:

And you can tell what someone "believes" without question?

Your actions will always betray you. And somethings are so obvious that a majority of decent people will agree that it is in poor taste.

I gave you the definition of racism. No one said anything about what you believe, so why you in your feelings? Do you not agree racism is bad? 

According to various studies upwards of 11 million Americans subscribe to the beliefs of the alt right. If you were a member of the alt right I hardly believe you would waste time here instead of being on 4chan and stormfront. I've been on those sites those people are true degenerates.

In all cases of people that are in the alt right, they all are Republican supporters. The president has embraced them from time to time. 

He's not the first racist president and probably won't be the last. But he's the first in nearly 60 years to just openly embrace it.

2 hours ago, BearEssentials97 said:

Your actions will always betray you. And somethings are so obvious that a majority of decent people will agree that it is in poor taste.

I gave you the definition of racism. No one said anything about what you believe, so why you in your feelings? Do you not agree racism is bad? 

According to various studies upwards of 11 million Americans subscribe to the beliefs of the alt right. If you were a member of the alt right I hardly believe you would waste time here instead of being on 4chan and stormfront. I've been on those sites those people are true degenerates.

In all cases of people that are in the alt right, they all are Republican supporters. The president has embraced them from time to time. 

He's not the first racist president and probably won't be the last. But he's the first in nearly 60 years to just openly embrace it.

Your undeniable bigotry and hate has made you a laughingstock of this board. The majority of decent people see that clear as a bell. Why can't you?

8 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Your undeniable bigotry and hate has made you a laughingstock of this board. The majority of decent people see that clear as a bell. Why can't you?

Good thing for me that I don't respect you or your opinion. Get bent, dude. 

If you read my original response I stated that the GOP won't riot when Trump loses.  Isn't that your position? Admit it. If I told you the sun rises in the east and sets in the west you would say "nuh uhh!" Like a little kid. You have an aversion to facts.

I just wanted to point out that a significant portion of your caucus is going to show its ass this weekend. That group has no problem bringing violence even though white people run the country.

8 minutes ago, Englebert said:

3 hours ago, stevenash said:

49 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

Good thing for me that I don't respect you or your opinion. Get bent, dude. 

If you read my original response I stated that the GOP won't riot when Trump loses.  Isn't that your position? Admit it. If I told you the sun rises in the east and sets in the west you would say "nuh uhh!" Like a little kid. You have an aversion to facts.

I just wanted to point out that a significant portion of your caucus is going to show its ass this weekend. That group has no problem bringing violence even though white people run the country.

You keep wallowing in your hate, following race mongers with blind enthusiasm, and we'll keep laughing at you. If there was an alt-Left you would have to break your neck looking to the Right to find it. Your hate is blatant, undeniable, and very shameful, but for some reason I just can't keep from laughing at your posts. I know I shouldn't laugh, and I should feel empathy and sympathy, but I just can't muster those feelings when dealing with a hateful bigot who blindly and willfully displays childish emotions.

I'll ask again, as you seem perturbed and willing to share your true feelings...do you think I'm racist?

6 hours ago, Englebert said:

You keep wallowing in your hate, following race mongers with blind enthusiasm, and we'll keep laughing at you. If there was an alt-Left you would have to break your neck looking to the Right to find it. Your hate is blatant, undeniable, and very shameful, but for some reason I just can't keep from laughing at your posts. I know I shouldn't laugh, and I should feel empathy and sympathy, but I just can't muster those feelings when dealing with a hateful bigot who blindly and willfully displays childish emotions.

I'll ask again, as you seem perturbed and willing to share your true feelings...do you think I'm racist?

Shouldn't you be getting your tiki torch ready for the rally?

2 hours ago, BearEssentials97 said:

Shouldn't you be getting your tiki torch ready for the rally?

Scared?

Yes you are scared. You are scared to defend your true feelings. You get mad because I have the audacity to challenge your insane ideas, and your go-to self-defense mechanism is to call me a racist. Please keep posting. Although you've exposed your blatant bigotry on here, I'm guessing there might be one or two that haven't caught on yet.

And do you really adhere to those links you posted earlier? When reading the first one, I was aghast at how bad the "science" was, but what do you expect from a sociologist. Would you like to the discuss the garbage you tried to pass as science?

23 hours ago, BearEssentials97 said:

I hate to appear to be “ganging up on you”, but this post, if you actually believe it, is so wrong, I’d feel remissed if I didn’t respond.  Many on the Left seem to think themselves up on a higher moral plane.  They want to ignore the fact that their party is full of racist, and Alt-Left thugs the equivalent of anything on the right.  To deny that is an indication you’re uninformed, or a brainwashed individual who only believes what the Party tells him, like a good little Socialist/Communist.  Perhaps you should google “hating whites” or read the NYT’s editorialist Sarah Jeong’s recent Tweets.  Which, in case you’re not aware, Twitter (nor the NYT) did nothing, but when Candace Owens tweeted the same thing, word for word, but substituted “black” for “white”, was suspended from Tweeter.  Btw, Owens is black.  The moral of all this, Don’t believe all that bs in the Leftist Media.  Open your eyes, but more importantly, your brain.  Don’t block out the truth because of your ingrained beliefs.

34 minutes ago, REBgp said:

I hate to appear to be “ganging up on you”, but this post, if you actually believe it, is so wrong, I’d feel remissed if I didn’t respond.  Many on the Left seem to think themselves up on a higher moral plane.  They want to ignore the fact that their party is full of racist, and Alt-Left thugs the equivalent of anything on the right.  To deny that is an indication you’re uninformed, or a brainwashed individual who only believes what the Party tells him, like a good little Socialist/Communist.  Perhaps you should google “hating whites” or read the NYT’s editorialist Sarah Jeong’s recent Tweets.  Which, in case you’re not aware, Twitter (nor the NYT) did nothing, but when Candace Owens tweeted the same thing, word for word, but substituted “black” for “white”, was suspended from Tweeter.  Btw, Owens is black.  The moral of all this, Don’t believe all that bs in the Leftist Media.  Open your eyes, but more importantly, your brain.  Don’t block out the truth because of your ingrained beliefs.

I know who Sarah Jeong is as is Candice Owens. The difference here is there is a history of whites using institutions to oppress women and people of color ever since Europeans started colonizing this land. People of color have never been in a position to oppress whites and probably never will. That's why what Sarah said is considered expressing frustration and what Candice said gets her suspended.

Owens, Parris Dennard, the pastors that meet with the president and others like them do not have the black community's best interest at heart. They see dollars and clout.

Let's be clear about one thing. The Democratic party does not deserve the loyalty it gets from the black community. But when the other party courts racism and racists feel comfortable running for office as Republicans, you take the lessor of two evils.  

6 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

I know who Sarah Jeong is as is Candice Owens. The difference here is there is a history of whites using institutions to oppress women and people of color ever since Europeans started colonizing this land. People of color have never been in a position to oppress whites and probably never will. That's why what Sarah said is considered expressing frustration and what Candice said gets her suspended.

Owens, Parris Dennard, the pastors that meet with the president and others like them do not have the black community's best interest at heart. They see dollars and clout.

Let's be clear about one thing. The Democratic party does not deserve the loyalty it gets from the black community. But when the other party courts racism and racists feel comfortable running for office as Republicans, you take the lessor of two evils.  

Still, if you think all racist are in the Republican Party, you’re sadly mistaken.  And personally, I don’t care why Sarah Jeong said what she said, or what excuses are made up for her.  Her comments were racist, hateful, and offensive.  To say otherwise is to ignore the truth.  

I do agree that the Dems don’t deserve the loyalty it gets from the black community.  I often wonder how politics, and the country in general, might change if blacks moved their allegiance to the Republican Party, but alas, we’ll never know.

4 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Still, if you think all racist are in the Republican Party, you’re sadly mistaken.  And personally, I don’t care why Sarah Jeong said what she said, or what excuses are made up for her.  Her comments were racist, hateful, and offensive.  To say otherwise is to ignore the truth.  

I do agree that the Dems don’t deserve the loyalty it gets from the black community.  I often wonder how politics, and the country in general, might change if blacks moved their allegiance to the Republican Party, but alas, we’ll never know.

I can see how what see said could be construed as hurtful. However, if you understood what caused her to say this, it becomes a little more understanding. Ever have a bad day at work and you curse your boss when you get home, but go in the next day and smile in his face? That's what it's like to live in this society as a minority. It's even worse for women.

I never said all Republicans are racists. But the ones that are out in the open are caucusing with the GOP and the party doesn't shun them.

Oh there's some racists in the Democratic party.  Yet you don't find the numerous examples of blaent racism that is exhibited by people who support the GOP.

Racism has been a tool used to terrorize people of color since we were forcefully dragged here. We have become attuned to it because our survival depends on knowing how to navigate a system designed to oppress us.

So you won't see blacks  joining the Republican party en masse until the outright embrace of racism by the GOP is ended. It's a matter of survival.

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

Great post, Reb. I also like the term “ingrained beliefs”.

38 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

I can see how what see said could be construed as hurtful. However, if you understood what caused her to say this, it becomes a little more understanding. Ever have a bad day at work and you curse your boss when you get home, but go in the next day and smile in his face? That's what it's like to live in this society as a minority. It's even worse for women.

I never said all Republicans are racists. But the ones that are out in the open are caucusing with the GOP and the party doesn't shun them.

Oh there's some racists in the Democratic party.  Yet you don't find the numerous examples of blaent racism that is exhibited by people who support the GOP.

Racism has been a tool used to terrorize people of color since we were forcefully dragged here. We have become attuned to it because our survival depends on knowing how to navigate a system designed to oppress us.

So you won't see blacks  joining the Republican party en masse until the outright embrace of racism by the GOP is ended. It's a matter of survival.

That "outright embrace of racism by the GOP" is a delusional fantasy ingrained in only the childish and sheepish of brains. How are you not embarrassed or shameless?