Diboll

coach bear

Morning men, I have had the pleasure of working with the Diboll Lumberjack football team these past two days completing ads for their football program. Good coaching staff, HC Morrison has SE ties as former orange field D.C. Under Flannigan. Kids look good, great feet, good speed and size, seemed Very discipline. Any thoughts? I looked on smoaky and a few said they believe the jacks are a dark horse to win the region?? Thoughts, anyone with former experience of school, community etc. Franklin, the beast from central Texas near my Marlin home is predicted to win in DCTF.

16 hours ago, shepherddad said:

Who they got first game and how will they fare vs them??

Diboll will open up the season against Bridge City. Bridge City comes in with a new HC so it will be interesting to see how they respond and if the offense changes much with their returning QB. Diboll brings back two bruising RBs and key linemen that will be the key to their success this season. 

5 hours ago, Woodshed said:

Diboll will open up the season against Bridge City. Bridge City comes in with a new HC so it will be interesting to see how they respond and if the offense changes much with their returning QB. Diboll brings back two bruising RBs and key linemen that will be the key to their success this season. 

BC is running the same wing t and defense. 

9 hours ago, Woodshed said:

Haven’t heard much on Diboll wide outs, any stand outs there? What about a replacement for LB Monroy from last season?  How is the defense going to look?

4 hours ago, ballwatch said:

Haven’t heard much on Diboll wide outs, any stand outs there? What about a replacement for LB Monroy from last season?  How is the defense going to look?

Diboll will have a couple of nice speedster type wide outs but I wouldn’t consider any of them standouts at the moment. Monroy was a huge loss on D so I would expect Herbert Gums to move from DE to MLB. They also have two other kids that return from last years LB squad that will be solid against the run. Overall I believe the defense will be pretty good against the run which will serve them well in 3A.