D12 5a Div 2 Who ya Got?

Guest ECBucFan
17 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

ECBucFan, I specifically remember you saying almost the exact same thing last year about BH. It just sounds like you're trying to get someone from BH to say something negative about the football program. If that's not the case, then I'm misreading your comments for the second year in a row.

I bounce around and make random comments. I have commented on about 50% of the teams in this SETX area at one time or another. There is no agenda whatsoever about BH, (Other than wishing you guys the best). I comment a lot about Anahuac and H-F too, since they are our neighbors. I guess Chambers County teams in general are on my radar. 

Apparently you have a photographic memory, because I have no idea what I said a year ago. With my busy life, I do well to remember last week, LOL. In any case, to avoid any suspicions and/or misperceptions, I will try to refrain from making any further comments about BH. So Breathe easy, Tradenup!   

2 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

workbootz, bubble screen right, bubble screen left, draw up the middle? I just told ya'lls entire offensive playbook. LOL Just messing, ya'll got a new OC this year, if he can get a little more creative, Dayton will surprise some people for sure.

Still have same DC ......hope I’m wrong but I don’t see this offense putting enough points the keep the D out of trouble

5 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

I bounce around and make random comments. I have commented on about 50% of the teams in this SETX area at one time or another. There is no agenda whatsoever about BH, (Other than wishing you guys the best). I comment a lot about Anahuac and H-F too, since they are our neighbors. I guess Chambers County teams in general are on my radar. 

Apparently you have a photographic memory, because I have no idea what I said a year ago. With my busy life, I do well to remember last week, LOL. In any case, to avoid any suspicions and/or misperceptions, I will try to refrain from making any further comments about BH. So Breathe easy, Tradenup!   

Come on man, it's not that big of a deal. We all have the right to whatever opinion s of different teams. I just remember a similar comment last. I don't know why I remember that though. Lol it's all good, I root for the Chambers County boys too. If you haven't check out the new Anahuac football stadium then you should. It's really nice. 

Can’t believe this thread is dying.  I’ll resurrect it with my tongue-in-cheek predictions.

Ned will beat PNG.  To explain this is a conundrum.  It’s like trying to explain the infinity of space.  It’s a bigger problem than the human mind can handle.

Crosby will beat Dayton.  Any newcomers to the Forum, be advised you’ll see a LOT of smack talk based on yesteryears, but it won’t be close.

Barbers Hill’s Superintendent will complain if they have a game on natural grass.  In the first place, he’s a jerk.  And in the second place, he’s still a jerk.

Vidor will play Crosby a very tough, closer than you’d think, game.  Another unexplainable factoid.

Vidor will lead the District in rushing.  Even though the Pirates have a vaunted passing attack, they keep it under wraps.

All visiting Teams should wear mud cleats when playing at Nederland’s Bulldog Stadium . All I can say, it’s a miracle it rains there every Friday.

When PNG and Crosby play, NASA has given the OK for scoreboard operator to use their Super Computer to help total the scores.  Last years official final was 72-69, but after the math squads from both schools went over films, they found it was actually 183-180.  At least the official spread was right.

And my last prediction, Santa Fe probably thinks they’re getting into an easier Distict.  True there are no Manvels, but they’re going to see a bunch of kids that’ll put a helmet on you.

1. PN-G

2. Crosby

3. Nederland

4. Barbers Hill

5. Vidor

6. Dayton

7. Santa Fe

8. Baytown Lee

Your top three and your bottom two are all but certain, though the line-up could change among them. The real fight will be for the last of the playoff spots, which I could honestly see going to Barbers Hill, Vidor or Dayton.

Top to bottom, this is the toughest district in 5ADII. There will be two teams sitting at home at the end of the regular season that will easily be better than teams that made the playoffs from other districts.

14 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

1. PN-G

2. Crosby

3. Nederland

4. Barbers Hill

5. Vidor

6. Dayton

7. Santa Fe

8. Baytown Lee

Your top three and your bottom two are all but certain, though the line-up could change among them. The real fight will be for the last of the playoff spots, which I could honestly see going to Barbers Hill, Vidor or Dayton.

Top to bottom, this is the toughest district in 5ADII. There will be two teams sitting at home at the end of the regular season that will easily be better than teams that made the playoffs from other districts.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see BH in the number two spot, Ned in third (they always beat PNG), and PNG getting in at number four. 

2 hours ago, CCRed said:

It wouldn’t surprise me to see BH in the number two spot, Ned in third (they always beat PNG), and PNG getting in at number four. 

I've grown up watching the Indians play. I've watched the Indians take the field in the Astrodome, the Alamodome, Reliant Stadium and beyond. Over the last twenty years, I've seen Indian squads with much less talent than this one play tougher district schedules and still find a way to claim a share of the district championship. I've also watched an arguably tougher Barbers Hill program lose to a lesser PN-G program five times in four years.

Nobody in this district should be overlooked, including Barbers Hill. Crosby is stout, no doubt. And we always have to play a lights out game against Nederland, even if they're 0-9 going into Mid-County Madness and we're 9-0. But I know my Indians, and I know when the rest of district should and shouldn't be wary of them.

As I said in my last post, the top three are the top three.

44 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Every year they forget. And every year ya got to remind them. Ill leave that there and come back to it after the season

No matter how it works out, I agree with coming back to this after the season is over. When the season starts, it should be pinned at the top of the topics for us to revert back to. 

We all speculating, but at the end of the day, this district is going to be fireworks. Not because it's the best teams in the state, but because the majority of them are pretty dang even in all phases of the game. Should be two years of excellent games and a lot of hype on this messageboard.

1 hour ago, L-Train11 said:

I just can’t see RJ behind that offensive line coming in 4th.

RJ's senior year.....I have no doubt that PNG will beat Nederland this year and the two years to follow.  Of course this is without any key injuries occurring.  Don't really know anything about our new district foes, but Crosby has been really good the last several years.  The district Championship will be between PNG and Crosby IMO.  Good luck to all teams.  This will be like a playoff atmosphere every week.  

1. Crosby - On paper we won't have the high end talent of years past but as a Crosby fan you almost have to be giddy over the depth and pure athleticism the Cougars will put on the field. Two biggest question marks will be how the new DC covers up some of the size deficiency we have on the d-line and if Martin/Clay can supplement what we lost in the run game with Williams' graduation? Passing game should be even better than last year with the addition of Doucett. Crosby gets what might be their toughest test of the season right out of the box against New Caney who probably has the best secondary in the entire Houston area and will be the most athletic team on Crosby's schedule besides Manvel.

2. Barbers Hill - BH still has issues with physicality and speed. I'm picking them second because there isn't much of either in this district. I'm not a big believer in t-shirt football but BH's transfer qb carved PNG up during their 7 on 7 match in Crosby earlier this summer. He's a little thicker and mobility definitely won't be his strong suit but he can spin it, he should be BH's best signal caller since Kaleb Denny. If BH finishes any lower than 3rd in this district after missing the playoffs all together last year I think BH fans have to start asking how long "the process"  is really  going to take under TW?

3. Nederland - In a district that will be a week to week grind, Ned might just be the best grinder in the district. Without Latulas I really don't see Ned being able to score enough points to be a factor. However, they always seems to have just enough defense to salvage their season and make the most of it. I'm picking them 3rd simply because I think they'll beat PNG in MCM.

4. PNG - I'm picking them 4th because it's RJ, a lineman and nothing else. To call Crosby's 2017 defense trash would be a compliment, them Indians were right there with us though. Crosby got a new DC, brought back 8 starters from a young defense and added a couple of free agents to bolster the depth. I think PNG's plan for fixing their defense is just hoping RJ doesn't get hurt. Kid will probably end his high school career with close to 800 career carries, that's insane. That being said, you always have a chance with #2 back there pulling the trigger.

5. Dayton - To be honest I'm probably just putting Dayton here in the hopes that fans will start coming to their games again. Otherwise, Dayton's good 'ole boy network might finally get tired of watching them get handled by their traditional opponents during this alignment. Love Santee toting the mail but what happened to all those receivers Dayton used to grow on trees? On top of that, the Broncos had an even worse defense than PNG and Crosby and didn't look to have any reinforcement coming. Dayton is the true wildcard of the district, I think they can finish anywhere from 3rd to 7th.

6. Vidor - Four of the five teams mentioned above are just going to line up and throw it around the yard . . . while Vidor is still trying to figure out what a forward pass is, how to complete one and how to cover one. The Pirates have the type offense that can befuddle teams but I think pretty much everybody above(Dayton?)  has seen enough of it to mitigate any real problems it might cause. I just think the boys from the Boneyard will run out of gas covering go routes all district long. It's one thing to get hyped up for a bi-district playoff game, it's another to play those games every other week. Matthews just never changes anything, I think BH has shown change isn't necessarily a bad thing?   

7. Santa Fe - I hope people realize this isn't your mom's green Indians? If you get caught sleeping at the wheel you will get beat. Howard or Johnson should win the district MVP with the other being the fist team all-district qb. Kruger will be the second team all-district qb though. Santa Fe has good size on the offensive line and rather decent receivers for an average talent 5A squad. They too struggle on defense but they've also been in a district with Manvel and FB Marshall the last couple of years. To put it in perspective, they missed the playoffs because of a 7 point loss(48-41) to Texas City in a game they probably should've won.

8. Baytown Lee - I think Kiki Davis would probably lead the district in rushing this year if he didn't play for Lee. Woosley is an athlete at qb position and likely an FBS caliber talent but he also plays in GCCISD. Before we reach the halfway mark in the season Lee fans will probably be more interested in futbol than football, for whatever reason nobody in Baytown can get it figured out. Sucks for town that's just waiting for someone to get behind but with Baytown's studs starting to transfer to Crosby and La Porte if might get worse before it gets better.      

14 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

1. Crosby - On paper we won't have the high end talent of years past but as a Crosby fan you almost have to be giddy over the depth and pure athleticism the Cougars will put on the field. Two biggest question marks will be how the new DC covers up some of the size deficiency we have on the d-line and if Martin/Clay can supplement what we lost in the run game with Williams' graduation? Passing game should be even better than last year with the addition of Doucett. Crosby gets what might be their toughest test of the season right out of the box against New Caney who probably has the best secondary in the entire Houston area and will be the most athletic team on Crosby's schedule besides Manvel.

2. Barbers Hill - BH still has issues with physicality and speed. I'm picking them second because there isn't much of either in this district. I'm not a big believer in t-shirt football but BH's transfer qb carved PNG up during their 7 on 7 match in Crosby earlier this summer. He's a little thicker and mobility definitely won't be his strong suit but he can spin it, he should be BH's best signal caller since Kaleb Denny. If BH finishes any lower than 3rd in this district after missing the playoffs all together last year I think BH fans have to start asking how long "the process"  is really  going to take under TW?

3. Nederland - In a district that will be a week to week grind, Ned might just be the best grinder in the district. Without Latulas I really don't see Ned being able to score enough points to be a factor. However, they always seems to have just enough defense to salvage their season and make the most of it. I'm picking them 3rd simply because I think they'll beat PNG in MCM.

4. PNG - I'm picking them 4th because it's RJ, a lineman and nothing else. To call Crosby's 2017 defense trash would be a compliment, them Indians were right there with us though. Crosby got a new DC, brought back 8 starters from a young defense and added a couple of free agents to bolster the depth. I think PNG's plan for fixing their defense is just hoping RJ doesn't get hurt. Kid will probably end his high school career with close to 800 career carries, that's insane. That being said, you always have a chance with #2 back there pulling the trigger.

5. Dayton - To be honest I'm probably just putting Dayton here in the hopes that fans will start coming to their games again. Otherwise, Dayton's good 'ole boy network might finally get tired of watching them get handled by their traditional opponents during this alignment. Love Santee toting the mail but what happened to all those receivers Dayton used to grow on trees? On top of that, the Broncos had an even worse defense than PNG and Crosby and didn't look to have any reinforcement coming. Dayton is the true wildcard of the district, I think they can finish anywhere from 3rd to 7th.

6. Vidor - Four of the five teams mentioned above are just going to line up and throw it around the yard . . . while Vidor is still trying to figure out what a forward pass is, how to complete one and how to cover one. The Pirates have the type offense that can befuddle teams but I think pretty much everybody above(Dayton?)  has seen enough of it to mitigate any real problems it might cause. I just think the boys from the Boneyard will run out of gas covering go routes all district long. It's one thing to get hyped up for a bi-district playoff game, it's another to play those games every other week. Matthews just never changes anything, I think BH has shown change isn't necessarily a bad thing?   

7. Santa Fe - I hope people realize this isn't your mom's green Indians? If you get caught sleeping at the wheel you will get beat. Howard or Johnson should win the district MVP with the other being the fist team all-district qb. Kruger will be the second team all-district qb though. Santa Fe has good size on the offensive line and rather decent receivers for an average talent 5A squad. They too struggle on defense but they've also been in a district with Manvel and FB Marshall the last couple of years. To put it in perspective, they missed the playoffs because of a 7 point loss(48-41) to Texas City in a game they probably should've won.

8. Baytown Lee - I think Kiki Davis would probably lead the district in rushing this year if he didn't play for Lee. Woosley is an athlete at qb position and likely an FBS caliber talent but he also plays in GCCISD. Before we reach the halfway mark in the season Lee fans will probably be more interested in futbol than football, for whatever reason nobody in Baytown can get it figured out. Sucks for town that's just waiting for someone to get behind but with Baytown's studs starting to transfer to Crosby and La Porte if might get worse before it gets better.      

PNG is way more than RJ and a lineman. You are gonna see real quick. I expect nothing else from you though. I guess in your eyes I should consider it a honor for PNG to make it to 4th. 

2 hours ago, prepballfan said:

PNG is way more than RJ and a lineman. You are gonna see real quick. I expect nothing else from you though. I guess in your eyes I should consider it a honor for PNG to make it to 4th. 

Yeah i hear png has a pretty good returning running back, but who am I? We all know Lumberton people know nothing about football.... lol

16 hours ago, Lamar1996 said:

RJ's senior year.....I have no doubt that PNG will beat Nederland this year and the two years to follow.  Of course this is without any key injuries occurring.  Don't really know anything about our new district foes, but Crosby has been really good the last several years.  The district Championship will be between PNG and Crosby IMO.  Good luck to all teams.  This will be like a playoff atmosphere every week.  

Hmm seems like I have heard this before, how PNG was going to beat Ned three years in a row with Shug.   Hasn't happened, if fact it hasn't happened in the last 25 years or so.

16 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

PNG has a second lineman with a Notre Dame offer.  They have two very good runnin backs. I’ve heard they moved a few offensive guys to the Defensive side and RJ.  

The big question mark is WR.  I fully expect a very tough district, but i also fully expect it to be PNG and Crosby at 1 & 2 

nederland and BH could easily upset one or both. You never know. 

They’re all kids.

Finding a RB to replace D. Simmons solid production last 2 years is biggest key to Nederland offense & finding a couple players to make plays at LB & D-LINE is key for Defense. QB,O-LINE,WR'S,FB & DB positions will be fine. K. Latulas was a great wr & made numerous big plays last yr & will be greatly missed,but their are several players with the skills to help put just enuff points on the board to salvage their season. PNG & VIDOR are solid teams,always give any team tough games & will be in the middle of the playoff mix ,Dayton is good enuff to upset a few teams. Don't know much about Crosby,BH or Sante Fe for legit comments. Wish an injury free season to all & best of luck to all