D12 5a Div 2 Who ya Got?

My top four are 

1 Crosby

2PNG

3 BH

4 Ned/Vidor

I picked Crosby but between them and PNG they could honestly flip flop. Crosby always has at least a couple athletes and Idk what PNG will bring until they bring it. They do have Johnson so theres that.

Nederland could very well beat BH but I really like BH coach and their year to year improvement.

Nederland will be what what they are. A well coached team that has a chance in any game.

Vidor can be a challenge to teams who are not accustomed to playing their offense and they physical way they run it.

Thats my opinion. See nothing fiery this time. What ya think?

39 minutes ago, LC-M said:

#1Crosby

#2 Nederland 

#3 PNG

#4 BH/Vidor

Who knows? Maybe you are right.

Ned seems to have PNGs number anyways. Though I see this game playing more similar to 2016 with how the teams are constructed. In that year for whatever reason ned didn't have Latulas playing wr. He nearly took a kickoff back though in that game and showed that outside of Roschon, he was the most explosive player on the field. After that game I knew he would be a problem for PNG. Without an explosive player like that can they do it again? because its what they will need to. Regardless of a Loss, roschon put nearly 300 yards rushing and 5tds for the second time on them. Without that guy to take over the game, i dont know. 

Barrow is a good coach. 1-0 against a better team and shocked me last year.

Bad thing for PNG too is they lost their most productive receiver ever along with the entire 3 starting wrs. The way their new guys play will go a long way in determining the winner. Roschon is the X factor, as long as he is here, they have a chance to beat everyone.

BH will be better imo than people think. They nearly beat PNG in the playoffs two years ago. Might upset one of the top three if you let them hang. Same with vidor. Vidor will shock one of the top three teams with a L i think this year.

6 minutes ago, WHO DAT???? said:

Who knows? Maybe you are right.

Ned seems to have PNGs number anyways. Though I see this game playing more similar to 2016 with how the teams are constructed. In that year for whatever reason ned didn't have Latulas playing wr. He nearly took a kickoff back though in that game and showed that outside of Roschon, he was the most explosive player on the field. After that game I knew he would be a problem for PNG. Without an explosive player like that can they do it again? because its what they will need to. Regardless of a Loss, roschon put nearly 300 yards rushing and 5tds for the second time on them. Without that guy to take over the game, i dont know. 

Barrow is a good coach. 1-0 against a better team and shocked me last year.

Bad thing for PNG too is they lost their most productive receiver ever along with the entire 3 starting wrs. The way their new guys play will go a long way in determining the winner. Roschon is the X factor, as long as he is here, they have a chance to beat everyone.

BH will be better imo than people think. They nearly beat PNG in the playoffs two years ago. Might upset one of the top three if you let them hang. Same with vidor. Vidor will shock one of the top three teams with a L i think this year.

I really don’t keep up  with the local 5a since LCM dropped down. I just feel that could be a possible way it will land. In the past when I used to live Dayton they would have been #1

1.png

2.crosby

3. Nederland 

4. Santa Fe 

cant underestimate anybody in this district 1-7, with lee only one I see having slim chance of getting in.  Santa Fe has been in tough district last couple years with the ft. Bends, Texas city, manvel so I think they're going to surprise some people 

The split in 5A has made for some interesting matches. I think Mid County will be represented but Barbers Hill, Crosby and Santa Fe will be tough outs. Vidor will probably be out due to some convoluted tie breaker.

Crosby

PNG

Barbers Hill

Nederland

Santa Fe

Vidor

Dayton

Lee

Overall very good district. The ride to Santa Fe is going to be long.

BH seems to have issues with beating Crosby and PNG, but they've had success against Ned and Vidor. Santa Fe isn't very good. Don't. Sleep on Dayton this year. Crosby and PNG has the top QB's in district, but BH and Dayton have QB's that sling it. BH probably has the best Defensive coordinator in the district, and probably had the most improved defense in district last season with a lot of underclassmen. There won't be much defense played in this district, but I think BH will keep close to everyone's top 3.

My early pick is

1. Crosby

2. PNG

3. Barbers Hill

4. Nederland

5. Dayton

6. Vidor

7. Santa Fe

8. Baytown Lee

Until Dayton can figure out a better playbook, it's hard for me to have them as a playoff team.

Initial thoughts going into the season, which are probably 50% wrong anyway:

1) Top Tier - Barbers Hill, Crosby, Nederland, Port Neches-Groves

2) Middle of the Pack - Dayton and Vidor

3) Bottom Rung - Baytown Lee and Santa Fe

***(Each listed in alphabetical order)

Vidor will sneak one past one of the teams in the top tier because that's what they seem to do. Dayton could easily be a top 4 team with Nations bringing in former Dayton OC/Groveton HFC Crauss back into the fold to call plays. Maybe they capture lighting in a bottle from their mid/late 2000s runs...? Westerberg gained a transfer at QB, which one could argue was BHs undoing last year in district play due to injuries. PNG will go as far as their QB will take them, and Nederland will do what they always do.

I don't see Lee or Santa Fe making legitimate threats to any of the other 6 teams in the district. 

1. Crosby

2. Nederland 

3. Barbers Hill

4. PNG

Defense, or the lack of it, may determine the top teams this year.  Do not count out Dayton, Vidor & Santa Fe, they will be upset minded. This will be a hard nose district,  with a hotly contested battle for playoff spots. Ready For Some Football. 

BH ran a similar offense as Vidor just 3 years ago, so they are very familiar with that offense. We played 2 years ago against Vidor and it was like 49-6. Crosby struggled against it a couple years back in the playoffs, but for the most part Vidor doesn't have Quirante kids at QB any longer. Vidor plays teams tough every year, but all 3 teams have seen that offense a lot.

18 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

BH seems to have issues with beating Crosby and PNG, but they've had success against Ned and Vidor. Santa Fe isn't very good. Don't. Sleep on Dayton this year. Crosby and PNG has the top QB's in district, but BH and Dayton have QB's that sling it. BH probably has the best Defensive coordinator in the district, and probably had the most improved defense in district last season with a lot of underclassmen. There won't be much defense played in this district, but I think BH will keep close to everyone's top 3.

My early pick is

1. Crosby

2. PNG

3. Barbers Hill

4. Nederland

5. Dayton

6. Vidor

7. Santa Fe

8. Baytown Lee

Until Dayton can figure out a better playbook, it's hard for me to have them as a playoff team.

Yes, they have the best D Coordinator in the distract and he may get the D rolling by mid district, but it will be a slow start. He lost 8 starters and 5 of the front 6 that was as good as anyone had last year. This year the offense may have to get them in the playoffs instead of being the reason they missed it.

ECBucfan, what do you mean pay off? I don't think anyone thought that by the hiring that BH would march to a state championship anytime in the near future. I do think people were ready to make the playoffs and have success in the playoffs. Nobody foreseen the way the new realignment was going to be set up. I think I could speak for most parents at BH when I say that if we come in 3rd or 4th in the new tough district would be a positive, but you likely get Manvel 1st round. Come on, nobody thinks we walk over Manvel 1st round. We have to be able to shake off the voodoo that PNG and Crosby has on us. We have beat Dayton the last couple of years, which is a positive, and would've made playoffs two years in a row if we didn't get hit by the injury bug last year. I think people have bought into the new system, we have really good coaches, and now the kids have to perform. It's all good at BH, and we're good with our ivestments. BTW, we are growing fast, over 1600 students at the HS and growing.

25 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

ECBucfan, what do you mean pay off? I don't think anyone thought that by the hiring that BH would march to a state championship anytime in the near future. I do think people were ready to make the playoffs and have success in the playoffs. Nobody foreseen the way the new realignment was going to be set up. I think I could speak for most parents at BH when I say that if we come in 3rd or 4th in the new tough district would be a positive, but you likely get Manvel 1st round. Come on, nobody thinks we walk over Manvel 1st round. We have to be able to shake off the voodoo that PNG and Crosby has on us. We have beat Dayton the last couple of years, which is a positive, and would've made playoffs two years in a row if we didn't get hit by the injury bug last year. I think people have bought into the new system, we have really good coaches, and now the kids have to perform. It's all good at BH, and we're good with our ivestments. BTW, we are growing fast, over 1600 students at the HS and growing.

That’s how i feel about our program in Lumberton. We are moving in the right direction. And when you have a reputation of poor football success in the past, then you have to accept the small steps forward instead of expecting a coach to come in and change everything in two years. 

Guest ECBucFan
1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

ECBucfan, what do you mean pay off? 

I would basically mean advance a step more than the year before. I am realistic, I do not expect BH to " walk over Manvel" in 1st round or win State, I never said or implied anything of that sort. Lets stay real. OK?  

Making the playoffs this year would be good for BH. Next year, win the first round game. The next, win the 2nd round game, and then go from there. You have to set realistic goals, and those seem very resonable goals. Do you argee?  

Guest ECBucFan
1 hour ago, L-Train11 said:

That’s how i feel about our program in Lumberton. We are moving in the right direction. 

Lumberton is on the right trajectory. This year could be good for Lumberton!   

ECBucFan, I specifically remember you saying almost the exact same thing last year about BH. It just sounds like you're trying to get someone from BH to say something negative about the football program. If that's not the case, then I'm misreading your comments for the second year in a row.

The more I look at this District, the tougher it becomes.  I’ll take a different approach on my predictions.

DC will have at least one loss in District.

At least Two of the playoff teams will have a loss to a team not going to the playoffs.

And last, durn good chance before the 4 playoff teams are decided, there’ll be some serious looking at tie-breakers.  

And those three things say one thing - Gonna be some serious football coming.

3 hours ago, REBgp said:

The more I look at this District, the tougher it becomes.  I’ll take a different approach on my predictions.

DC will have at least one loss in District.

At least Two of the playoff teams will have a loss to a team not going to the playoffs.

And last, durn good chance before the 4 playoff teams are decided, there’ll be some serious looking at tie-breakers.  

And those three things say one thing - Gonna be some serious football coming.

Every game will matter! That’s how it should be

I agree with ya'll on every game matters. The thing that separates PNG and Crosby from the rest is that they have exceptional QB's. Both QB's are the kind that only come around ever so often. After that, everything else is about even across the board in the district. Should be a fun filled football season. Good luck to all teams.