UIL Train Horn Ban

JagMarine95

This is the hidden content, please

The UIL attempts to strike yet again. The UIL has proposed a policy that will ban Train Horns at sporting events, citing health concerns as the reason of the proposal.This possible ban would effect many of our area teams and MANY across the state. I for one Love train horns at football games (I hope United comes across one) should the ban proposal fall through. 

I want to know everyone else's feeling toward Train Horns at games and how they feel about this Proposal.

16 minutes ago, Coach85 said:

I agree 100%. They should be banned. They’re just stupid to have. Most stadiums don’t allow fog horns and they aren’t as loud as the train horns. Get rid of all of them.

Train horn needs to go. Been to many games and the opposite team sounds the horn on turnovers, touchdowns, field goals, and anything and everything that go right for their team. Since air horns are banned in many places get rid of the train horns.

20 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

They shoudlnt ban them just use them from the endzone perspective! 

I dont know I guess its the military man in me that enjoys loud noises espacially in a sports atmosphere. 

Does anyone have any favorites West Orange Stark and Longview have my favorites even tho the Mustangs horn sounds more like a Fire Truck rather than a train.

4 hours ago, JagMarine95 said:

This is the hidden content, please

The UIL attempts to strike yet again. The UIL has proposed a policy that will ban Train Horns at sporting events, citing health concerns as the reason of the proposal.This possible ban would effect many of our area teams and MANY across the state. I for one Love train horns at football games (I hope United comes across one) should the ban proposal fall through. 

I want to know everyone else's feeling toward Train Horns at games and how they feel about this Proposal.

Great mines think a like.  I was hoping United could get one but only blow it when points are scored.  I wonder how do we go about getting one while the check book is still kind of open...

29 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Great mines think a like.  I was hoping United could get one but only blow it when points are scored.  I wonder how do we go about getting one while the check book is still kind of open...

Most teams either buy one, have it donated to them or a loyal fan goes out and salvages one from Lord knows where. Or if your Hardin Jefferson.....one of the coaches builds it himself.  

17 minutes ago, JagMarine95 said:

Most teams either buy one, have it donated to them or a loyal fan goes out and salvages one from Lord knows where. Or if your Hardin Jefferson.....one of the coaches builds it himself.  

You sound like the perfect person to build us one :)

3 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

They shoudlnt ban them just use them from the endzone perspective! 

It does not matter where they place the horn, it is getting used for more and more and not just touchdowns. Too much of a good thing is not good, after some time it leaves a bad taste in ones mouth. JMHO

On 8/4/2018 at 1:38 AM, RaiderGirl2010 said:

Raider games wouldn't be the same!!!! L-Train and the horn all started the 07 season!!!! 

This is true...  As for SETX.  I like it for Lumberton.  But it should, IMO,  should be used when teams come out before games or after halftime, not after scores.  Other noisemakers, such as bells, ball bearings, clappers, ect should be ok.  Sometimes, the train horn drowns out the band and its fight songs after TD's, scores, or big plays....  

17 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I would think so but they allow them not the others...

Well....  There are a few stadiums located right alongside train tracks where trains blast their horns, sometimes during games.  Example of that is Provost- Umphrey stadium and Thomas Center... Those are the immediate ones that come to mind.  I'm sure there are more...

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

This is true...  As for SETX.  I like it for Lumberton.  But it should, IMO,  should be used when teams come out before games or after halftime, not after scores.  Other noisemakers, such as bells, ball bearings, clappers, ect should be ok.  Sometimes, the train horn drowns out the band and its fight songs after HE's, scores, or big plays....  

I would be ok for only and only at beginning and halftime and not any other time. The problem is will the UIL have to make it a penalty if it is used during any other time besides that. To many rules already.