Tomi Lahren: Cowboys' Prescott 'Scores a Major Touchdown' Against Anthem Kneelers

LumRaiderFan

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

This is the hidden content, please

Cowboys AND Tomi...this one's for you, Baddog.

Thanks. You know Tomi does it for me. Hot blonde with a brain. If I saw her on the street and she asked me my name, I'd probably stutter and get it wrong.

Dak is simply a class act. He's told advertisers he was gonna spend time with his family instead of doing their commercials.

5 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Meanwhile, Jerrah continues to demonstrate why he’s the biggest d-bag hypocrite in sports:

This is the hidden content, please

By the way, I am proof positive it is possible to despise Jones while still loving the Cowboys...

Not a fan of his either!  My main reason - where have you gone Jimmy Johnson?

Just for clarification, Jerry Jones was laughed off the face of the earth for bringing in a college coach to replace legendary Tom Landry. His name was Jimmy Johnson. Maybe people  like him or not, but if not for Jerry Jones, we would have never had Jimmy Johnson as the Cowboys head coach. Jones was highly reeponsible for the Herschel Walker trade, which was considered the biggest trade in NFL history. Talk about build an empire......wow! Egos collided after 2 superbowl victories and Johnson split. He moved to Miami where, without the advantage of building an instant winner via a Walker deal, he became Joe average and left coaching. 

I didn't like the way Landry was fired, but I wonder what is the proper etiquette for firing a legend. It was time for Landry to go. He would not have survived free agency due to loyalty issues.

I hope none of you hold it against me for not being a Jones hater. These are facts and opinions as to how I see it. 

Now back to Tomi Lahren.....what a good looking woman!

I am a Texans fan.  I used to be a Cowboys fanatic when I was growing up.  As a boy I once wrote a letter to the Dallas Cowboys in Dallas Texas.  I think that's how I addressed it.   It got there.  I told them I was a big fan of Don Meredith, Bob Hayes, Don Perkins and Bob Lilly.  They sent me back some black and white 8 1/2 by 11 photos of each player mentioned.  They stayed tacked to my wall for several years.

Some of the first tv programs I watched were cartoons and the dallas cowboys.  I vaguely remember Don Meredith playing in the cotton bowl for SMU.  Then he became the cowboy QB.  Then Bob Hayes came along.  Every boy on the playground at school wanted to be Bob Hayes.  I knew all the old DC greats: Bob Lily, Chuck Howley, Jethro Pugh.  I saw and felt all the great loses in big games, like the games against Green Bay.  I saw all the Super Bowl wins.

Then new ownership and management took over.  They got rid of Tom Landry.  maybe it was a good move, but I didn't like it.  Then free agency took over.  I couldn't relate to all the players coming and going.  That's when I lost interest in the cowboys. 

We were in Arlington this weekend and sister in law was calling Dak an uncle tom.  I kept my mouth shut cause I said everything that Dak said when this whole kneeling thing started.  Considering all the sports I've watched on tv and in person over the years I never dreamt that something as basic, fundamental, even perfunctory as standing for the anthem would become such a divisive issue.  Times indeed have changed.

10 hours ago, baddog said:

Just for clarification, Jerry Jones was laughed off the face of the earth for bringing in a college coach to replace legendary Tom Landry. His name was Jimmy Johnson. Maybe people  like him or not, but if not for Jerry Jones, we would have never had Jimmy Johnson as the Cowboys head coach. Jones was highly reeponsible for the Herschel Walker trade, which was considered the biggest trade in NFL history. Talk about build an empire......wow! Egos collided after 2 superbowl victories and Johnson split. He moved to Miami where, without the advantage of building an instant winner via a Walker deal, he became Joe average and left coaching. 

I didn't like the way Landry was fired, but I wonder what is the proper etiquette for firing a legend. It was time for Landry to go. He would not have survived free agency due to loyalty issues.

I hope none of you hold it against me for not being a Jones hater. These are facts and opinions as to how I see it. 

Now back to Tomi Lahren.....what a good looking woman!

Isn't firing Landry akin to letting go of Brett Favre in favor of Aaron Rogers?

5 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Isn't firing Landry akin to letting go of Brett Favre in favor of Aaron Rogers?

A little bit different situation. Favre retired and decided to come back. GB told him they had moved forward with Rogers. Favre went to the Vikings. He wasn't fired as I recall.

Tomi Lahren could fire me and make me like it. 

Me, the sabbath & the Dallas Cowboys.

One of my uncles became a seventh day adventist after he came back from serving in the Korean conflict. He in turn convinced some of his family members to become adventists as well.  Some of those that converted were my mom, my grandfather, my grandmother and one of my aunts. Which basically meant I was a convert as well.  

My uncle would strong arm me, more or less, into keeping the sabbath and have church with him at his cabin out in the woods.  It would be me, him and maybe two other folks.  I was the only child.  I hated it. I learned to like it later but, back then I wanted to run & play with my friends on Saturday.  

Then I found the bright side of keeping the sabbath.  This is how I thought back then as a boy.  If I kept the sabbath, which lasted from Friday sunset to Saturday sunset, I was free on Sundays to do what I wanted.  That meant i could watch about five hours of Dallas Cowboys programming.  There was the DC highlights at 10:00am, Then the Tom Landry show would run from 10:30am until 11:00am.  Then NFL preview lasted from 11 until the 12 noon kick off.  Then the DC game would last from noon until about 3pm.  Five hours of dallas cowboy bliss.  Some of the other adults would try and force me to go to church on Sundays, but I would say uh uh uh, I went to church yesterday.

14 hours ago, Kountzer said:

I am a Texans fan.  I used to be a Cowboys fanatic when I was growing up.  As a boy I once wrote a letter to the Dallas Cowboys in Dallas Texas.  I think that's how I addressed it.   It got there.  I told them I was a big fan of Don Meredith, Bob Hayes, Don Perkins and Bob Lilly.  They sent me back some black and white 8 1/2 by 11 photos of each player mentioned.  They stayed tacked to my wall for several years.

Some of the first tv programs I watched were cartoons and the dallas cowboys.  I vaguely remember Don Meredith playing in the cotton bowl for SMU.  Then he became the cowboy QB.  Then Bob Hayes came along.  Every boy on the playground at school wanted to be Bob Hayes.  I knew all the old DC greats: Bob Lily, Chuck Howley, Jethro Pugh.  I saw and felt all the great loses in big games, like the games against Green Bay.  I saw all the Super Bowl wins.

Then new ownership and management took over.  They got rid of Tom Landry.  maybe it was a good move, but I didn't like it.  Then free agency took over.  I couldn't relate to all the players coming and going.  That's when I lost interest in the cowboys. 

We were in Arlington this weekend and sister in law was calling Dak an uncle tom.  I kept my mouth shut cause I said everything that Dak said when this whole kneeling thing started.  Considering all the sports I've watched on tv and in person over the years I never dreamt that something as basic, fundamental, even perfunctory as standing for the anthem would become such a divisive issue.  Times indeed have changed.

I miss those days too.  I knew every starter by name, offense & defense.  They were a “Team”, or more like a family.  Today, guys switch teams like underwear.  No doubt a good financial move for many players, but a bummer for many fans.