Two a days.... i

outanup

5 minutes ago, KF89 said:

Guess your "color blind glasses" comment meant something else? Not sure people moving into Nederland with their kids in elementary school is equal to John Curtis getting top players thats proven to move in.

Ha! Thats where you are wrong many of those players are all under that same parish. John Curtis also has talent come from outside in addittion to what we DEVELOP. Its how you get results like this. 

2017 J. Curtis 11-2-0    
2016 J. Curtis 11-1-0    
2015 J. Curtis 8-3-0    
2014 J. Curtis 12-2-0    
2013 J. Curtis 11-2-0
  • State Champion

2012 J. Curtis 16-0-0
  • State Champion 
    This is the hidden content, please

2011 J. Curtis 14-0-0
  • State Champion 
2010 J. Curtis 12-2-0    
2009 J. Curtis 13-1-0    
2008 J. Curtis 14-1-0
  • State Champion
2007 J. Curtis 12-2-0
  • State Champion
2006 J. Curtis 14-0-0
  • State Champion 
2005   10-1-0
  • State Champion
2004 J. Curtis 14-0-0
  • State Champion 
2002 J. Curtis 14-1-0
  • State Champion
2001 J. Curtis 14-1-0
  • State Champion
1999 J. Curtis 13-1-0
  • State Champion
1998 J. Curtis 13-0-0
  • State Champion 
1997 J. Curtis 13-1-0
  • State Champion
1996 J. Curtis 14-0-0
  • State Champion 
1993 J. Curtis 14-0-0
  • State Champion 
1990 J. Curtis 15-0-0
  • State Champion 
1988 J. Curtis 12-1-0
  • State Champion
1987 J. Curtis 12-1-0
  • State Champion
1985 J. Curits 13-0-0
  • State Champion 
1984 J. Curtis 14-0-0
  • State Champion 
1983 J. Curtis 13-0-0
  • State Champion 
1981 J. Curtis 15-0-0  
1980 J. Curtis 15-0-0
  • State Champion 
1979 J. Curtis 14-1-0
  • State Champion
1977 J. Curtis 13-1-0
  • State Champion
1975 J. Curtis 12-1-1
  • State Champion

Nice facts about John Curtis & congrats on your rings & success. Not sure you know facts on Nederland like your statement they are a decent district team with P.A. backs & wr.s but not much in playoffs. Then it changed to "move ins" I could post stats that shows Nederland is as good or better than most teams in the 409 in playoffs last 25 yrs with move ins & without move ins. I was born in Sulphur,LA. & grew up in North Houston, so i guess with your theory my my kids are move ins at Nederland 

10 minutes ago, KF89 said:

Nice facts about John Curtis & congrats on your rings & success. Not sure you know facts on Nederland like your statement they are a decent district team with P.A. backs & wr.s but not much in playoffs. Then it changed to "move ins" I could post stats that shows Nederland is as good or better than most teams in the 409 in playoffs last 25 yrs with move ins & without move ins. I was born in Sulphur,LA. & grew up in North Houston, so i guess with your theory my my kids are move ins at Nederland 

Whatever cher, since I think I may have struck a chord. Good for Nederland. Maybe one day, if you try really, really hard yall win something worth while other than MCM.  Well im done for the day being an arse hole, wish you well and good luck finding a Latoulas replacement. Those other guys showed nothing last year. Im going finish my brisket

20 hours ago, WHO DAT???? said:

Whatever cher, since I think I may have struck a chord. Good for Nederland. Maybe one day, if you try really, really hard yall win something worth while other than MCM.  Well im done for the day being an arse hole, wish you well and good luck finding a Latoulas replacement. Those other guys showed nothing last year. Im going finish my brisket

Its all good, if you try really,really,really hard you might can get over your negative issues & statements about Nederland Football & their players. Not sure why a championship winning player & coach with enuff rings for both hands like you from a powerhouse dynasty program like John Curtis La. lets "move ins" or anything about Nederland Tx concern him? On another note i have the upmost respect for Shug Johnson hes been one of the best football players at any level versus any competition since my sons jr league days & is an even better person always respectful,well mannered & humble. Hell Mr. Johnson would even be the best player at John Curtis    

32 minutes ago, KF89 said:

Its all good, if you try really,really,really hard you might can get over your negative issues & statements about Nederland Football & their players. Not sure why a championship winning player & coach with enuff rings for both hands like you from a powerhouse dynasty program like John Curtis La. lets "move ins" or anything about Nederland Tx concern him? On another note i have the upmost respect for Shug Johnson hes been one of the best football players at any level versus any competition since my sons jr league days & is an even better person always respectful,well mannered & humble. Hell Mr. Johnson would even be the best player at John Curtis    

I wouldn't take it to heart. He's trolling. He barely comes on here but to talk smack every blue moon. 

No one cares about Louisiana hs football. They recruit and private school and public play all they way .

At least in Texas, they force the private to play at the top level which nullifies the advantage of recruiting.

Nederland is land locked they're not recruiting. It's a nice place between Beaumont and Port Arthur that has a decent school. Nothing more nothing less.  

1 hour ago, BearEssentials97 said:

No one cares about Louisiana hs football. They recruit and private school and public play all they way .

At least in Texas, they force the private to play at the top level which nullifies the advantage of recruiting.

Nederland is land locked they're not recruiting. It's a nice place between Beaumont and Port Arthur that has a decent school. Nothing more nothing less.  

#1 I’ll have to stop you there since I live here. For its size LA high school football contributes to more NFL talent per capita in the u.s.. 

#2 Texas colleges are heavily invested in LA athletes. I’m a Texas insider and have very good knowledge of what TCU, A&M, the longhorns want. A lot of it from the Baton Rouge and New Orleans area. So the state of Texas in interested in its talent. 

#3 Edna Karr alone down the street would mop ALL of southeast Texas and that’s including my brother team, wo-s, WB, you name it. 

Doesn’t St Pius X of Houston do “outreach” in urban areas and offers scholarships? Sounds like recruiting to me. If they don’t then let me know.  I do know that its a always been speculated

On 12/7/2017 at 11:17 AM, bobbymcgee said:

rant but just some food for thought. 

Coach Smith said.

"It's like an AK- 47 against a butter knife," Smith said.

Kelly's not producing (or recruiting) D1 talent like St. Pius X or other teams in its district. Also, as Smith mentioned, participation numbers are low and the losing of the past five seasons haven't helped that.

-got that from Shapiro

im done, no hard feelings. I still love Texas football. 

10 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

#1 I’ll have to stop you there since I live here. For its size LA high school football contributes to more NFL talent per capita in the u.s.. 

#2 Texas colleges are heavily invested in LA athletes. I’m a Texas insider and have very good knowledge of what TCU, A&M, the longhorns want. A lot of it from the Baton Rouge and New Orleans area. So the state of Texas in interested in its talent. 

#3 Edna Karr alone down the street would mop ALL of southeast Texas and that’s including my brother team, wo-s, WB, you name it. 

Doesn’t St Pius X of Houston do “outreach” in urban areas and offers scholarships? Sounds like recruiting to me. If they don’t then let me know. 

When you have open enrollment over all of Orleans Parish I would hope you would mop schools with just one town teams you have listed there. But if you recruit to a open enrollment school and put all of Jefferson Co. athletes into one school/one powerhouse team I would beg to differ. 

18 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Doesn’t St Pius X of Houston do “outreach” in urban areas and offers scholarships? Sounds like recruiting to me. If they don’t then let me know.  I do know that its a always been speculated

Louisanna has talent.  I think Texas just has a larger high school fan base. My cousins graduated from Notre Dame and won some championships Im sure you heard of them. 

35 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

When you have open enrollment over all of Orleans Parish I would hope you would mop schools with just one town teams you have listed there. But if you recruit to a open enrollment school and put all of Jefferson Co. athletes into one school/one powerhouse team I would beg to differ. 

You are mistaken, New Orleans is a town of 400,000 people. I named one school, the most recent winner. (Or one of the most recent) There are several large schools throughout the city that I didn't have to name because only one would be needed. St Augustine (Tyrann Mathieu and Leonard Fournette) is a big private no one in this area would wanna see. Archbishop Rummel is another one that has giant athletic monster white kids. They are beastly.

You don't know the culture of the city and thats ok. New Orleans has open enrollment yes but people in large part go to the schools of their neighborhood or ward just like most people in Texas do.

If you travel to school that is usually private or a specialty school. No one is traveling to put their kid in the school in the other side of town when the one next door will do. Its open enrollment yes but dont overthink it.

This is a city. Not a town with one school. its not that serious tho, i wasnt answering to argue on the forum. Thats for when the season starts lol

1 hour ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Coach Smith said.

"It's like an AK- 47 against a butter knife," Smith said.

Kelly's not producing (or recruiting) D1 talent like St. Pius X or other teams in its district. Also, as Smith mentioned, participation numbers are low and the losing of the past five seasons haven't helped that.

-got that from Shapiro

Never said they didn't have talent. It's just that the name of this site is southeast Texas sports. Not Louisiana sports. 

While the private schools here offer scholarship, they are handcuffed compared to Louisiana.  That is a good thing. Go take a look at what's happening in Baltimore when recruiting has gone overboard.

Louisiana has parish school districts. Here. Anyone can start a school district. So instead of PNG Nederland and memorial you would probably just have Port Arthur HS. That team probably is a state championship contender is Louisiana every year.

There are some things the UIL can do better, overall I prefer the way sports are administated here. The UIL is typically considered the leader when it comes to overseeing extracurricular activities.

26 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

Never said they didn't have talent. It's just that the name of this site is southeast Texas sports. Not Louisiana sports. 

While the private schools here offer scholarship, they are handcuffed compared to Louisiana.  That is a good thing. Go take a look at what's happening in Baltimore when recruiting has gone overboard.

Louisiana has parish school districts. Here. Anyone can start a school district. So instead of PNG Nederland and memorial you would probably just have Port Arthur HS. That team probably is a state championship contender is Louisiana every year.

There are some things the UIL can do better, overall I prefer the way sports are administated here. The UIL is typically considered the leader when it comes to overseeing extracurricular activities.

Incorrect. a better comparison would be if PNG, Ned, and Pam still existed but with open enrollment. 

Do you really see Ned and Png sending their kids to a Pat school because of open enrollment? Or vice versa? Or BC to WOS or vice versa? Not really I don't. Same thing happens here.

Some people take advantage yes but by and large people go to school in the area they live in. Just like Texas. Unless you send your kids to Kelly, or legacy, you generally stay where you are. People are very attached to their neighborhood s and the culture that comes with it. 

Also since Katrina, New Orleans has operated under several school districts including the parish, archdiocese, and charters. You can't think of it like Paisd or Nisd, that fell apart and couldn't support all the kids after the storm

1 hour ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

You are mistaken, New Orleans is a town of 400,000 people. I named one school, the most recent winner. (Or one of the most recent) There are several large schools throughout the city that I didn't have to name because only one would be needed. St Augustine (Tyrann Mathieu and Leonard Fournette) is a big private no one in this area would wanna see. Archbishop Rummel is another one that has giant athletic monster white kids. They are beastly.

You don't know the culture of the city and thats ok. New Orleans has open enrollment yes but people in large part go to the schools of their neighborhood or ward just like most people in Texas do.

If you travel to school that is usually private or a specialty school. No one is traveling to put their kid in the school in the other side of town when the one next door will do. Its open enrollment yes but dont overthink it.

This is a city. Not a town with one school. its not that serious tho, i wasnt answering to argue on the forum. Thats for when the season starts lol

So how do you know what I do know and don’t know? You don’t know me from Tom, Dick, or Harry. So stop all that now. Don’t assume anything. One of my cousins has been on the Salmen high football staff for quite a while and just got a promotion this spring and I keep up with LA football quite a lot, especially in that area. So pump your breaks there. 

4 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

So how do you know what I do know and don’t know? You don’t know me from Tom, Dick, or Harry. So stop all that now. Don’t assume anything. One of my cousins has been on the Salmen high football staff for quite a while and just got a promotion this spring and I keep up with LA football quite a lot, especially in that area. So pump your breaks there. 

You big mad

21 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

You didnt address anything else I said so I guess my point stands mr big mad. And what does high school football in SLIDELL tell anyone about the CULTURE of the CITY of NEW ORLEANS?  Keep being big mad for no reason mr dawg.

18 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Not at all. Lol Just don’t ride on your little brothers coat tail acting like you know everything like you been for the past few years.

Thats not an insult. I just know more about NEW ORLEANS THAN YOU DO SINCE I LIVED HERE FOR ALMOST 10 YEARS. Im sure you would school me on Nederland. Again that one comment made you mad. You too old for that. I expected better. If i had a wooden spoon I would tap your hands. Lets hold hands for mr dawg.

27 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

2 hours ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

The state of schools in New Orleans is sad. I really feel bad for the children there. 

That said, I much prefer that public and private are separated. And recruiting here is much less prevanlent than in other states, including Louisiana.

What's more likely in Texas is that momma and daddy get upset and move their children to a different School district.

If Texas played by the rules across the Sabine, I have no doubt the setx would clean their clocks. 

4 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

The state of schools in New Orleans is sad. I really feel bad for the children there. 

That said, I much prefer that public and private are separated. And recruiting here is much less prevanlent than in other states, including Louisiana.

What's more likely in Texas is that momma and daddy get upset and move their children to a different School district.

If Texas played by the rules across the Sabine, I have no doubt the setx would clean their clocks. 

Sure. I agree. See how we can disagree and be adults. Learn this navydawg, actin like Kronos on here.

6 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

Thats not an insult. I just know more about NEW ORLEANS THAN YOU DO SINCE I LIVED HERE FOR ALMOST 10 YEARS. Im sure you would school me on Nederland. Again that one comment made you mad. You too old for that. I expected better. If i had a wooden spoon I would tap your hands.

Guess Slidel and NOLA don’t play against each other or anything at all? Wrong. They talk on Prepgridiron and Northshore messageboards all the time on who is transferring to where. Everyone is always watching on the transfers it’s like Feb 1 who is taking there talents to where. 

38 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Guess Slidel and NOLA don’t play against each other or anything at all? Wrong. They talk on Prepgridiron and Northshore messageboards all the time on who is transferring to where. Everyone is always watching on the transfers it’s like Feb 1 who is taking there talents to where. 

Im talking about the culture of the city. To try to clear this misunderstanding, If you go watch a Ned vs PNG football game and only go to the game and leave you learn nothing about the cities and the people other than some have cajun last names and they love football.

Why? Because football doesn't tell you about the culture of a people, it acts as a community support to that culture because people take pride in where they are from and represent it in games.

Football doesn't tell you that PNG was built on an Indian Reservation. (Culture)

Football doesn't tell you that SETX is the Cajun/Creole part of Texas where the food and people have more in common with Louisiana folks more so than the people of Dallas, or Austin, or San Antonio (Boudin, Mardi Gras, Crawfish, Zydeco etc.. (Culture)

Football doesnt' tell you that PNG, NED and PAM are all within 10 minutes of each other but are very distinct places where many people who grow up there for the most part stay their entire lives and further develop their communities and traditions that we always TALK ABOUT ON HERE. PAM plays Second Line Music for crying out loud.  (Culture)  

This is why there are some older people on here who have great grandchildren who all went to the SAME SCHOOLS as they did. (Culture)

I was saying the same exists in New Orleans even with open enrollment. People are attached to where they live and though many take advantage, the overwhelming majority of kids stay in their areas.  (Culture)

Why do I know this? I lived in both places. I have taught and provided counseling to students in New Orleans for the last few years.

So yes, you probably wont get that from a message board from a guy talking about transfers. 

You have to get in the city, learn the wards because all areas are different, and learn the people. Just like PA is diff from Ned is diff from PNG. Football is only a piece of that. 

But Im done man. This wasnt meant to be all of this. lol we were at least cordial before all this navydawg! What happened lol?