On 7/11/2018 at 3:45 PM, DannyShapiroBE said:

CardinalBacker

• Advanced Member
  •  
  • CardinalBacker
  • Members
  • 1,487 posts
13 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

How about it  CB, how many 5A div. 1 ranked teams have your cardinals scheduled, are you running from them or are you still hanging your head from the 55 points Newton put on your cardinals the last time you played them, and buy the way, the cardinals run from Newton after that donkey stomping.

Here’s the deal, my friend...I’ll grant you that Newton has a pretty good team returning. But you guys haven’t proven anything other than the fact that last year you blew through the JV playoffs. I can tell that y’all know the title is a joke because all that y’all did was have a link sale and a car wash to buy those kids those plastic state rings... but I digress. 

Newton Fan was on here earlier this summer talking about how the Eagles could have whipped Carthage.... talking about how this is their year to beat the WOS Mustangs who are looking to return to the 4AD2 State Championship game... NOT the 3AD2 game. 

Even if the Eagles stumble into four consecutive title games, they won’t be as impressive as WOS’s run because you guys have been playing in lil’ ol’ 3A D2 against teams from schools that none of us have ever heard of or could even find on a map. 

In short, I have a quote for you. “You ain’t _______, ain’t ever been _______, and your kids ain’t ever gonna be ________..... why? Because you’re from Newton.”

On 7/11/2018 at 10:55 AM, DannyShapiroBE said:

On 7/31/2018 at 6:51 AM, CardinalBacker said:

I’m just over here shaking my head.... it’s like Newton Fan has forgotten how they ran and hid from WOS for the last few years. 

• Please tell us how you really feel . I bet you are a closet Mustang,Titan Or Eagle backer and that is o.k. with me.  I wonder if there are any teams in SETX that you haven't bashed. Just wondering!

I’m not sure of the exact year but I wanna saynit was back in 14 or 15 that Newton beat WOS 19-7 in Newton. I believe that was the first time in school history to beat WOS. With that being said , it’s going to be tough for Newton to beat Gilmer , WoS or Silsbee . And if they lose all of them it’s nothing to hang their head over. My main concern in games like this that mean absolutely nothing except bragging right is keeping the kids healthy for when it does count . Since I’m a Newton fan I’ll go ahead and predict Newton’ will go 2-1 in these 3 game. The most likely team they’ll beat is Silsbee. But who knows, we may catch some breaks and beat all three . 

This might sound crazy but I am glad these teams will play us. Win or lose, we have nothing to hang our heads about. These teams have nothing to gain and everything to lose playing a 3A school. Most people in 4A doesn't know how good a program we have. Just proud they are playing us. JMO

43 minutes ago, jimmyw said:

This might sound crazy but I am glad these teams will play us. Win or lose, we have nothing to hang our heads about. These teams have nothing to gain and everything to lose playing a 3A school. Most people in 4A doesn't know how good a program we have. Just proud they are playing us. JMO

I think most people know how good of a program Newton has. Especially people in NE and SETX. 

I think Newton will go 2-1 in these 3 games. Beat Silsbee and split with Gilmer/WOS.

Beat all 3 and win the ship going 16-0, and you are getting a rarefied air.

Just not sure they can beat both Gilmer and WOS. That is a tough task for any team to beat both in the same season. If the mighty Carthage played those 3 in pre-district I would probably pick them to be 2-1 also. Just hard to beat 3 good teams with a big enrollment advantage before district. Not saying Newton can’t win all 3, but I would be surprised. Kudos to Newton for putting a tough schedule together to challenge a team who won’t be challenged much by 3a teams this years. 

7 minutes ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

Newton didn't pick this schedule to try and have an unbeaten season, this schedule will test them and give me a good indication of what kind a team they are. Win all three or lose all three it doesn't matter, hoisting that trophy at the end of the year does.

This might be one of the best posts on this thread....

15 hours ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

Newton didn't pick this schedule to try and have an unbeaten season, this schedule will test them and give me a good indication of what kind a team they are. Win all three or lose all three it doesn't matter, hoisting that trophy at the end of the year does.

Exactly. All the haters jump on Carthage for losing games every year. This is the same way we schedule. Same as this year. Carthage has a legit chance to start 2-3. But I would rather be 13-3, than 10-1. Winning the last game of the year is the only one that matters.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2018 at 6:51 AM, CardinalBacker said:

I’m just over here shaking my head.... it’s like Newton Fan has forgotten how they ran and hid from WOS for the last few years. 

Newton has never ran and hid from WOS. They went through a tough time, when Curtis passed, but they are up and running, now.